FS22 Precision Farming DLC needs an update!

Drmattymd

Re: FS22 Precision Farming DLC needs an update!

Post by Drmattymd »

Steel_Horse wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:00 am
DEERE317 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 pm Weeds are determined little pains. They’ll grow perfectly fine no matter how difficult growing an even inadequate crop is :lol:
Is it realistic that I cannot run a weeder across a mulched field to remove the weeds or just an FS22 thing?.

It is a little frustrating because if I drill my mulched field when the day rolls over I immediately get medium weeds and the only hoes are much narrower than the weeders. Or of course as a non farmer am I doing it completely wrong?
You're doing it wrong. Also you're fighting the game mechanics. When you drill your mulched field you are effectively removing any weeds that are existing at that time. When the day rolls over to the next season you have your first growth stage and then you will have new weeds.
Playing on PC and PS4
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:59 pm
You're doing it wrong. Also you're fighting the game mechanics. When you drill your mulched field you are effectively removing any weeds that are existing at that time. When the day rolls over to the next season you have your first growth stage and then you will have new weeds.
[/quote]

Maybe I am doing it wrong, however your description isnt right either, as I am not getting new weeds after drilling but medium weeds which is actually the second growth stage for weeds. Thats actually my issue. If the drilling killed the first lot of weeds and then I got a new set at stage 1, I would be happy as I could then use the weeder rather than the hoe.

Re Mwals comment, I should have been clearer, I am trying to avoid herbicide and simply use mechanical weed control.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

One method is simply take a disc, cultivator, or other light/secondary tillage and run over it prior to seeding. To quote an old Sunflower ad "No weed is resistant to iron"
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I have yet to test or take notice. Are weeds less prevalent after plowing like they were pre PF? I remember plowing and not having many weeds but if I only needed to cultivate then I would have hoards of weeds pop up. I've been taking it slow since PF came out due to life so I have yet to get very far in the year
austinm53

Post by austinm53 »

Seeding rates seem to be logical but it drains the seed from planter way to fast! I go down and back and I am almost out of seed already. Usually that 1770NT IRL depending on seeding rate you should be able to do around 120 acres on one full fill. I try to plant corn in this game and it's near impossible because I am constantly running out of seed.
austinm53

Post by austinm53 »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 pm Weeds are determined little pains. They’ll grow perfectly fine no matter how difficult growing an even inadequate crop is :lol:
A crop canopy/cover is the best weed control. Period. I have a degree in Agronomy. It is usually enough to suppress weeds back that they don't become a problem. In this game however the devs decide to screw us over. I also should not have weeds 3 feet tall in the middle of the winter in stubble fields or in my wheat in general. They might emerge in late fall but they aren't going to have any substantial growth until about april usually or early may.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

austinm53 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:16 am Seeding rates seem to be logical but it drains the seed from planter way to fast! I go down and back and I am almost out of seed already. Usually that 1770NT IRL depending on seeding rate you should be able to do around 120 acres on one full fill. I try to plant corn in this game and it's near impossible because I am constantly running out of seed.
I guess that it's an attempt to balance the game, when you look at the prices you get for selling the are higher than in reality.