Patch 1.5 causing game stuttering

Br1t1shB33f

Patch 1.5 causing game stuttering

Post by Br1t1shB33f »

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so if I have missed info already on the forum then sorry for this duplicate.

I installed the 1.5 patch upon release and now my game stutters every few seconds. I have restarted the pc and the game and checked that all my graphical settings are still the same.

Nothing has changed apart from installing the 1.5 patch.

Anyone able to suggest something I can check other than rolling back to the previous patch?

Regards B33f.
Last edited by Br1t1shB33f on Tue May 24, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue_painted

Re: Patch 1.5 causing game stuttering

Post by blue_painted »

There's usually changes to shaders from one patch to another -- the simple fix is to get out of the tractor and run around madly and -- hopefully -- you'll see the performance settle down as the shader cache is updated.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
steveW

Post by steveW »

I tried and seems fine. All i got to do is see what update included.
Br1t1shB33f

Post by Br1t1shB33f »

blue_painted wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:11 pm There's usually changes to shaders from one patch to another -- the simple fix is to get out of the tractor and run around madly and -- hopefully -- you'll see the performance settle down as the shader cache is updated.
I tried this and helped a little, thank you for the suggestion.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Br1t1shB33f wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm
blue_painted wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:11 pm There's usually changes to shaders from one patch to another -- the simple fix is to get out of the tractor and run around madly and -- hopefully -- you'll see the performance settle down as the shader cache is updated.
I tried this and helped a little, thank you for the suggestion.
My suggestion is usually to jump into a tractor or pickup and do a lap of the map. This usually fixes it.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Every update messes with shaders file (location: C:\Users\usermame\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\shader_cache).
So basically to fix that just take one fast car and drive around the map about 5 minutes, after this runs smooth again.