AGI pack

Orange Tiger NL

Re: AGI pack

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

I also don't understand the "treating" seeds.

Treating seeds is used to give seeds a headstart when they are going into the ground.

So wouldn't it be more realistic if you put your seeds through this to get a head start, so maybe it grows 1 month faster or something.

Now it's just a converter. You convert your wheat, Barley, oat etc etc to a seed.

Or am i wrong here?🤔🤔🤔
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

donnyh83 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 pm I looked on the Playstation store and the AGI pack is on there, it is still not on the Microsoft store yet. I am on Xbox Series S and cannot download the pack.
I have been looking on Xbox since 4pm UK time and its now almost 8:30pm and still nothing. Shame on you Microsoft!!
Orange Tiger NL

ScotsDude73 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 pm
donnyh83 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 pm I looked on the Playstation store and the AGI pack is on there, it is still not on the Microsoft store yet. I am on Xbox Series S and cannot download the pack.
I have been looking on Xbox since 4pm UK time and its now almost 8:30pm and still nothing. Shame on you Microsoft!!
Yeah I hope giants will fix it tomorrow. As i have seen a lot of sony users complaining about it as well. A lot of them having the same issues from what i can tell youtube comments under some videos. So i dont think it's Microsoft or Sony.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Orange Tiger NL wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:19 pm I also don't understand the "treating" seeds.

Treating seeds is used to give seeds a headstart when they are going into the ground.

So wouldn't it be more realistic if you put your seeds through this to get a head start, so maybe it grows 1 month faster or something.

Now it's just a converter. You convert your wheat, Barley, oat etc etc to a seed.

Or am i wrong here?🤔🤔🤔
Could be just cleaning them and not putting the coating on. Also it depends on the seed genetics on what they can withstand.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Orange Tiger NL

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:37 pm
Orange Tiger NL wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:19 pm I also don't understand the "treating" seeds.

Or am i wrong here?🤔🤔🤔
Could be just cleaning them and not putting the coating on. Also it depends on the seed genetics on what they can withstand.
Im talking about the auger that is basically a seed factory. You can turn any crop into a seed. Im not talking about genetics.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Or am i wrong here?🤔🤔🤔
To me the Seed Treater is like the Grain Dryer. Doesn't function as people initially thought!! People set the bar so high with such things expecting new feature and when the pack gets released then the disappointment sets in!! Am I surprised no. Not at peoples initial hopes of new feature because I look for them too. Its Giants initial teasing with fact sheets oh look a grain dryer and a seed treater and then you put the dlc in your game only to discover that they arent what you thought they were. What you are reading its just seed production from grain and we already have factories for that as mods. Oh it never gets dull!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Last edited by ScotsDude73 on Tue May 24, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orange Tiger NL

Indeed lol🤣😂 that is what i was trying to say. Just another (instant) seed factory.😂
Illinois Farmer

Orange Tiger NL wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:39 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:37 pm

Or am i wrong here?🤔🤔🤔
Im talking about the auger that is basically a seed factory. You can turn any crop into a seed. Im not talking about genetics.
Yes you can do that irl too. You need to clean it first. You asked shouldn't it grow a month faster? No that is based on the genetics, so yes you are talking about genetics.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Orange Tiger NL wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:37 pm
ScotsDude73 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 pm
Yeah I hope giants will fix it tomorrow. As i have seen a lot of sony users complaining about it as well. A lot of them having the same issues from what i can tell youtube comments under some videos. So i dont think it's Microsoft or Sony.
To me the release or I will rephrase that lack of release for certain platforms is an absolute shambles!! Well seen its a free dlc because if it was a paid dlc that I paid for up front I would be extremely mad right now!!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Most seeds are treated IRL wether it’s to help with nitrogen fixing or general emergence. You pretty much never see untreated seeds being planted. (How Farms Work, Welker Farms, and Mike Mitchell all have videos showing seeds being treated and why it’s done)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

I know a few organic guys that use untreated seeds.
Orange Tiger NL

DEERE317 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:50 pm Most seeds are treated IRL wether it’s to help with nitrogen fixing or general emergence. You pretty much never see untreated seeds being planted. (How Farms Work, Welker Farms, and Mike Mitchell all have videos showing seeds being treated and why it’s done)
I know, but my point was:

Giants is saying seed treatening, but it has nothing to do with it! It's just a seed factory.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Which is basically how you make seeds… not sure what you’re trying to say.
Grain -> cleaning (desirably done but can’t blame GIANTS for skipping doubling crop fill types and making it more tedious with this step) -> treating -> ready to plant finished product
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Orange Tiger NL

Nvm, you dont get my point and will never get it im affraid.

So i guess that auger is doing what it's supposed to be doing, like in real life... thnx for the info!
lawm

Post by lawm »

As a console player I'm just glad some more work aspects are being added whether they are the way it's done or not or just not technically correct, for now I'll take it. I never cared for the placeable seed factory aspect. This along with those tanks that released so I can make a sprayer setup adds more tasks to do myself and fill out my down time. Wish cleaning animals had been left in game