Contracts disappearing?

ValhallSN95

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by ValhallSN95 »

And here I was hoping (even though I knew better) that Giants was actually gonna get these contract issues sorted out. Maybe Next Update I guess (prolly not still)
Until then, back to Farm Manager and Digimon Survive.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Oh dear you still have some very unhappy customers here Giants just give them all a warning it will be fine then :lol: :lol:
AkrapovicSBK

Post by AkrapovicSBK »

..OMG, didn''t have time to test but if this contract issues still isnt fixed, holy cow giants you messed up hard !! prepare for shitstorm..
PC: 1xFS15 Gold+DLC Holmer-JCB-ItRunner-NHPack-NHLoader-FarmingClassics @1700 hours
PC: 1xFS17 Platinum+DLC BidBud-Kuhn-Ropa-ModernClassic-StrawAddon-Horsch; 1xFS17 @2300 hours
PC: 1xFS19 Premium Edition; 1xFS19 Platinum Edition @3200 hours
PC: 1xFS22 +SeasonPass1&2 @1700 hours
---------------------------------------------------------
Respect to Giants, developers and modders!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Well I can't speak for the Contracts as am still using the newer GitHub Version of Better Contracts Mod that stops the AI from doing any work, meaning no contracts ever disappear. However it would not surprise me if Patch 1.7 hasn't fixed the contracts issue Giants created in Patch 1.5. Having spent this afternoon playing the game, they haven't fixed any of the other things I have been submitting Bug Reports for since February. Six months and no fix to some of these issues, so something like the Contracts Bug will obviously be a while yet before it even gets addressed, if at all as I guessing at this point Giants are probably just waiting for a modder to come along and fix it.

We just need to give Giants time as they have been really busy lately with Farm Con, Twitch Con and Gamescon Next. They've been doing a lot of advertising and commercials to try and sell people new DLC and Add-ons for the game. They don't have the time to actually fix the game that those DLCs and Add-ons run on.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

fire up a new game with no mods and advance some time. you can see that a good number of contracts remain available. some disappear pretty quickly every morning, but most stay. spraying and weeding don't seem to stick around too long, but that may be because there are usually a limited amount anyway. in any case, the issue is at least partially fixed and seems totally playable to me.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:47 pm
We just need to give Giants time as they have been really busy lately with Farm Con, Twitch Con and Gamescon Next. They've been doing a lot of advertising and commercials to try and sell people new DLC and Add-ons for the game. They don't have the time to actually fix the game that those DLCs and Add-ons run on.
Oh silly me I forgot they were spending a bunch of time working on DLC projects that I never asked for lol
FTF
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

I take it you don't want to try your hand at being a lumberjack then.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

No
FTF
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

This sh!t is happening because of season passes and the timetable/deadline to release DLC's. Otherwise they where be able to fix the issues first and releases patches when they are tested and ready. Now hotfixes are only released when there has to be an update because of a DLC. Bugs from the start are still present like the poor performance on Xbox Series consoles, many bugreports later still not fixed. When the basegame is fixed, they can start releasing DLC's. But now they have to keep promise to seasonpass owners to release DLC's, otherwise those get angry not getting there paid stuff ontime. They manouvre themselfes in a impossible position and a lot of people are not happy. With every patch they introduce new bugs, everything seemed to be rushed and not tested well. They need a good bunch of testers, playing the game on every supported platform, only on this way you can found gameplay bugs, like contracts and not suitable vehicles on contracts and also performance issues. On consoles it's even more easy to find performance issues, because there are only a few different configurations.

For myself, I'm not even thinking about buying DLC's with this behaviour of Giants. They really have to sort out things and better stop with season passes and take their time before releasing games and DLC's. Also find a way to better test gameplay and performance. I really like this genre of games, but this is frustrating people.
Last edited by Lexie on Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:47 pm Well I can't speak for the Contracts as am still using the newer GitHub Version of Better Contracts Mod that stops the AI from doing any work, meaning no contracts ever disappear. However it would not surprise me if Patch 1.7 hasn't fixed the contracts issue Giants created in Patch 1.5. Having spent this afternoon playing the game, they haven't fixed any of the other things I have been submitting Bug Reports for since February. Six months and no fix to some of these issues, so something like the Contracts Bug will obviously be a while yet before it even gets addressed, if at all as I guessing at this point Giants are probably just waiting for a modder to come along and fix it.

There is no excuse. They claimed this was fixed months ago and was only being delayed due to wanting to go with the standard patch cycle. This isn't a time issue. They either didn't actually fix it, didn't actually test it or lied when they it was fixed months ago. My guess is they made a swing at it, thought they fixed it, didn't actually test it in depth and haven't looked at it since.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

That says it all. Fixed AND improved it.
They fixed it, but was like, nah let's improve it as well, instead of going back how it was when it was working.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Lexie wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 pm This sh!t is happening because of season passes and the timetable/deadline to release DLC's.
They had a fix for it right after patch 1.6, so they had it ready now for 3 months, so I don't think timetable/deadline issues are the issue, the issue is they tried to improve it, instead of going back to how it was when it was working.
Lexie wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 pm They need a good bunch of testers, playing the game on every supported platform, only on this way you can found gameplay bugs, like contracts and not suitable vehicles on contracts and also performance issues.
That's where the community comes in, after a release, the community plays more hours on the game then the developers, on all platforms. That's why there is a bug report for the community to report issues found.

But then giants don't seem to look/listen to the community. I stopped reporting bugs when everytime they said: thank you for your report, the issue is solved. And I was like: okay let's wait for the patch to see if it's solved. My bug reports got removed so, it should be solved, NON of them were solved and the same bugs were still there.

I've seen lot of people here experiencing the same thing, bug reports getting cleared after each update and not being looked at.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Zero76Gaming wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:11 pm Image

That says it all. Fixed AND improved it.
They fixed it, but was like, nah let's improve it as well, instead of going back how it was when it was working.
Us "serfs" are too stupid to appreciate the improvements . I'm sure DJ the jester loves the improvements
FTF
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:53 pm Us "serfs" are too stupid to appreciate the improvements . I'm sure DJ the jester loves the improvements
Of course jester likes the improvements, as long as giants keep sending him to events he does everything for them. He is not representing the community anymore, that ship has sailed away a long time ago.

There are only 1 or 2 partners that dare to speak up.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I've spoken up, but apparently Giants don't listen to me despite being a Partner for 3 years now. I've said since this issue arose, they should have rolled back whatever changes they tried making to the missions to the version of the missions files that we had in Patch 1.4 when Missions Last worked correctly. Their attempts to Fix or Improve the Contract System clearly have not worked in the last three months. They should revert to the last known working configuration which was Patch 1.4 version of the Mission System.

I'm actually at the point where I'm starting to lose motivation to keep playing this game. Not just because of the Contracts Issues, but because they haven't fixed anything that has been reported over the last six months. Whilst I managed to play FS19 for it's full three year life cycle and was as enthusiastic and excited for that game each day I fired it up. I've found it an absolute chore to play FS22 these past few weeks. I didn't play the game at all last week, deciding to take a break and see if today's Update 1.7 would refresh the game and remotivate me. Based on my experience today and what I'm reading from players the update hasn't done that.

FarmCon as well really rubbed me the wrong way and I said at the time I felt like Giants weren't really "Reading the Room" when it came to some of the presentations, sorry let me re-phrase that Commercials and Advertisements. They were so focused on trying to get us to spend more money and buy more stuff, but as yet haven't shown me or the community they can deliver the actual working, bug free product we've already paid for. I want the game I was promised and paid for 10 months ago not in a years time or in two years.

Why does it take so long to get patches and updates for this game, or why do we only get them when DLC is released? You look at some of the things in the Patch 1.7 Changelog and just can't workout why it takes months to release this stuff. For example: Increased Grimme Evo 290 capacity to 12m³
That's an xml edit that takes 10 seconds to do.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*