Contracts disappearing?

Zero76Gaming

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:59 pm There are only 1 or 2 partners that dare to speak up.
cwattyeso wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:06 am I've spoken up, but apparently Giants don't listen to me despite being a Partner for 3 years now.
You were indeed 1 of the 2 I was talking about 😉
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Another thing I just noticed tonight as well. The new ERO Grapeliner Series 7000 Grape Harvester DLC. On Steam for Season Pass Owners like myself we have to buy this for £1.69 even though clearly on the Forum Post in the Announcement Section and on the Website, Giants state this item should be free to anyone who has purchased the Season Pass or bought a Beacon Light from the Merch Store.
Last edited by cwattyeso on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:35 am Another thing I just noticed tonight as well. The new ERO Grapeliner Series 7000 Grape Harvester DLC. On Steam for Season Pass Owners like myself we have to buy this for £1.69 even though clearly on the Forum Post in the Announcement Section and on the Website, Giants state this item should be free to anyone who has purchased the Season Pass or but a Beacon from the Merch Store.
And I can buy it for 2 euro despite them saying you aren't able without season pass, or the beacon light. It's probably also a lot cheaper this way then with the beacon 🤣
Farmeros Argentinos

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

For the contracts to appear, what I did was advance the time until the next month and there appeared more than 15 contracts for harvesting, tilling and fertilizer..
*thumbsup*
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Farmeros Argentinos wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:38 am For the contracts to appear, what I did was advance the time until the next month and there appeared more than 15 contracts for harvesting, tilling and fertilizer..
*thumbsup*
I sure hope your correct lol
FTF
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

I have several hours played on PC since applying the patch across several maps and it appears to me that contracts are working much more like expected. I just rolled to November on Adelshoven expecting no new contracts and found 15 (including several harvests) with no sudden disappearances.
Mrakomor

Post by Mrakomor »

When I loaded my save the contracts were still not present. But the other day I had at least ten of them available. I was so happy, that I even took sugar beet harvesting mission, which is crazy slow way how to earn money. Thank you Giants!
Slain

Post by Slain »

I can confirm that "only" sowing contracts are disappearing. So it seems all contracts was fixed, but sowing contracts were also ""improved"", according to patch changelog :lol: *thumbsdown*
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

So in a nutshell is it safe to update yet or do we still have issues with things?
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Laughinggravy wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:02 pm So in a nutshell is it safe to update yet or do we still have issues with things?
It is a good question that I don't feel like answering yes or no (a nutshell).
Something has been fixed but, for my style of play where I prefer to have ALL the contracts available to be able to earn some money (hard economy). I like to play with the old style of game settings (Version 1.4) :smileynew:
So for now I remain (on PC) with the Better Contracts Mod... Hoping that the Modder will want to update his mod in the future if necessary. *thumbsup*
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Fatlizard wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:31 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:02 pm So in a nutshell is it safe to update yet or do we still have issues with things?
It is a good question that I don't feel like answering yes or no (a nutshell).
Something has been fixed but, for my style of play where I prefer to have ALL the contracts available to be able to earn some money (hard economy). I like to play with the old style of game settings (Version 1.4) :smileynew:
So for now I remain (on PC) with the Better Contracts Mod... Hoping that the Modder will want to update his mod in the future if necessary. *thumbsup*
Thanks bud that's good enough for me will continue doing the same as you are *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah I'm also going with the option of Patch 1.7 with the 1.2.4.0 Version of Better Contracts Mod. At the moment from my testing with the Better Contracts Mod it stops the AI doing any work on any type of contracts, so all contract types will sit on the screen until the player accepts and does them, they won't time out or expire. Also Better Contracts seems to make sure every contract stage is followed on each field, so You'll get Ploughing or Cultivating followed by Sowing or Planting followed by Fertilising followed by Weeding and then Finally Harvesting. This means as a player you can work every single stage of an AI Field's Growth across all AI Fields that have Missions on them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Two little and quick questions for Giants instead:

What do you mean when you say Fixed & Improved mission availability ...?
'Cause when I am looking for it in the English dictionary I find this ...
... and personally I can't correctly understand the term improved by you in the definition up here...
what would have improved in your opinion ?
and why have you ever felt the need to improve contracts ? how were they not going well ?
No controversy or flame by me ... just simple curiosity.
Thanks.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It could be as simple a prices increased by as little as 5 dollars more but it is still an improvement.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
howey

Post by howey »

I think with the contract issue in general is partial feedback they getting. Some are saying there having no issues what so ever while others are saying there been having non stop issues with it. I've noticed alot of issues in general that have been mixed in feedback such as AI behavior, Game stuttering etc.

I'm not defending Giants because of this but will say that is would make it harder from them to fix perhaps because of the amount of mixed feedback about it. Like a few have said a good tester team within one of the team's would be the way to go to help advance in ironing out any bugs that have been persistant now for a while. Other the alternative would be to have external beta testers testing out bugs content etc while in development at certain points or sections or the game.

Before the current patch I was lucky to get any contracts at all after a minute of them appearing but now after playing through a couple of months are having no issues with them now and I'm on PS5 btw.