Contracts disappearing?

Lexie

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Lexie »

I was able to do some harvesting contracts. Direct after loading I was able to do a sunflower and later a sugarbeet harvest. This with one day months. Also there where cultivating and baling contracs possible. But the contractlist was not that big, only a few.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Well I did'nt have any contract issues until updating to 1.6 now mine seem to have dissapeared as well.
ibid49

Post by ibid49 »

I'm going to post this because I think it's related even though it's not quite the original topic. I did experience the same contracts disappearing bug that is being discussed here. However, since 1.16, I have been getting harvesting contracts. But I have just experienced contracts disappearing for the second time AFTER I completed the contract. The first time it happened, i wondered if I had accidentally hit space bar in the contracts screen, but I definitely did not get paid for the contract. This is after full harvest and after the full load has been delivered to the drop point and the contract is listed as Completed, but I did not click to finish the Contract. It has just happened a second time. It disappears off the Contract screen and can confirm I did not get paid for the contract. On the second time I did save the game, shut it down and restart FS in between completing the contract and realizing it disappeared. Can't say for sure whether that was true the first time.

Just thought I'd put this here in case anyone else is seeing the same thing.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Sounds like they should now be called Favors, rather than contracts. You just did your neighbor a favor. :lol:
Tigdag

Post by Tigdag »

Will this bug ever get fixed? This bug has been around for a while and makes the game very unplayable for the people who want to create large farms and portray a management play style. Please Giants, put this on the front burner of things to fix!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Tigdag wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:01 pm Will this bug ever get fixed? This bug has been around for a while and makes the game very unplayable for the people who want to create large farms and portray a management play style. Please Giants, put this on the front burner of things to fix!
They have fixed it according to the link from the German forum just not in time for this patch and are saying it may not come until the next patch. They may as well have not have said anything as it's basically saying its fixed but you can't have it *thumbsdown* I have my own thoughts as to why we don't get hot fixes but I'll keep them too myself.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

We don't get Hotfixes because Giants only like to go through the certificate and testing process with Sony and Microsoft a minimum number of times. If they released the hotfix on PC which they could do very easily and for free, it'd then ruin and break all the cross-play nonsense they built into FS22, because the consoles wouldn't be able to play with PC players on a different version of the game. So we have to wait until Giants release their next DLC in a few months time for the next patch, because Giants will only want to pay Sony and Microsoft for one batch of testing and certification.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

There's no fee for certifications.
It's not as much effort as you might think. They submit a build and wait, if it passes, then it's released based on the schedule the developer chooses. If it fails, it goes back to the developer to fix. No fees.
Farmeros Argentinos

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

It would be a lack of respect for us players if they delay in releasing the update... if we have to wait until the next dlc it would not be the right thing to do *thumbsdown*
Farmeros Argentinos

we need the giant contracts again please!
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Farmeros Argentinos wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:14 am we need the giant contracts again please!
Couldn't agree more bud but don't hold your breath.
Farmeros Argentinos

I understand that the giants do what they can, but the contracts thing is a very serious error for the game... you can't play like that, if you already have the solution put the patch, you can't wait until the next dlc for it take out the patch... this game has been forgotten... I'm a fan of the game that's why I've been playing it since 2013
Farmeros Argentinos

this thread will die and we will continue without contracts
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Farmeros Argentinos wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:49 am this thread will die and we will continue without contracts
Giants are aware of this issue and have a fix for it but won't release it until we buy something else from them that needs patch 1.7. Was told this cross play thing also has a lot to do with why updates are slow to be released.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Laughinggravy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:37 am
Farmeros Argentinos wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:49 am this thread will die and we will continue without contracts
Giants are aware of this issue and have a fix for it but won't release it until we buy something else from them that needs patch 1.7. Was told this cross play thing also has a lot to do with why updates are slow to be released.
People will make up any excuse possible.
This is the first version with cross play, but all previous versions have suffered slow updates as well.
One person even said it cost Giants money to release updates for console, which I know for certain is bogus.

I think you're right about 1.7. The problem is that it's always a gamble for players when an update drops. Kind of like a loot-box, or a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. What will it fix, what will it break.