Contracts disappearing?

Honkyfarmer_v1010

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

How long can a contract be open for after accepting? Is it until you finish or quit or is there also a seasonal limit in game after progressing?
FTF
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:36 am In my case I sometimes run out of time to finish a contract, especially if I've already spent a lot of the day playing. So it's obviously not a bad idea to save the game, exit and pick up again next time. The reason for not collecting the already completed contracts which you say takes 2 seconds, is because I often forget which contract I leased or borrowed equipment from, which is common if I'm using it to complete several similar type contracts currently accepted. Therefore it's a potential risk that accepting payment for a completed contract, could see the leased/borrowed equipment instantly returned and therefore I'm now left unable to complete the contract I was currently undertaking or several of the ones still outstanding.

The other scenario is I'm doing harvesting contracts, and whilst the contracts are on the screen and before I get paid, I still have access to the fields to do things like collect or bale straw. The second you accept payment, the game engine completely updates the field and deletes all the straw swathes you left with the combine meaning you can't get any straw collection done.
Way to further the argument by basically saying I can’t properly cheat if they don’t fix this Bwahaha. Hopefully they fix the issue and all the ones you’ve listed as well.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

There is nothing cheating about doing contracts in batches and doing straw collection during harvest contracts. That's all part of the game and working sensibly and efficiently to maximise your earnings.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

X3n0morph wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:31 pm So, I accepted an $82,000 contract, which took me 2 weeks to complete. Once completed, (to 100%), I saved, went to bed, the next day I get up, I have $13k in my "account" and the contract was gone. It's not even about the "money" it's about the fact it took me 2 weeks to complete, and it disappeared. Assuming no fix?
It's gone, just give yourself the money. On console, through the Government Subsidy mod. On PC, through many other mods or edit the XML.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:49 pm There is nothing cheating about doing contracts in batches and doing straw collection during harvest contracts. That's all part of the game and working sensibly and efficiently to maximise your earnings.
Whatever you tell yourself to make you feel better
empato

Post by empato »

I would call it cheating, if you lease equipment for a contract of farmer A, but doing contracts with this equipment also for farmer B & C. Don`t think that farmer A would agree with it in RL, if you use his combine to harvest a field of another farmer.

I would not do it, but if the game offers this option, and you are fine with it, why not. Everybody can play the game as he wants.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Equipment borrowed for contracts is reserved for use exclusively with contracts. Nothing to do with Farmer A or B or C. Seeing how in FS22 the same as in FS19 any equipment "Borrowed" has to be retrieved from the store and is not located at the field, then I'm perfectly happy to keep believing the equipment has nothing to do with the farmer who's field I'm about to be doing the job on. I use contract equipment exclusively with contracts, and my own equipment is used only for working my own land.. So no there is no cheating going on as anything I do within the game is part of the actual game and is allowed by the game or by mods published on the in game modhub.

Playing with Season Cycles it's not uncommon at the start of each month to find a whole bunch of the same type of contract. For example in March finding a dozen Sowing or Planting Contracts, or in September finding a load of harvest contracts. Nothing wrong with accepting all the available contracts on the first day of the month and spending the rest of the month working your way through the list, whilst also attending to your own fields and stuff. Especially in my current save where I've been trying to play more as a Contractor then as a Farm Owner. Therefore my character's priority each and every month is to work and complete the contracts on offer first and then if there is time left over, work any field that I've acquired for myself. Collecting Straw from Harvest Contracts is very improtant as well for me as it's the only way I can provide that material to the animals that we currently have husbandry for, and compliments the baling contracts which provide me with some hay and silage bales for our own use. Another reason to lease the equipment for contracts is to ensure a vareity of equipment is used throughout the save and from a let's play perspective it prevents just using the same equipment all the time. Keeps things a little bit more exciting when we never know what we're going to get to do a job with and whether it's going to be any good or not.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Just play that way. Who cares if nobody else sees it your way. Cant wait until they change it and we get the thread about. "Lease equipment disappears after contracts completed "

Edit. I only lease equipment from the store for myself prior to doing batches of contracts and/or my own work. If anything the game needs to focus more on cheap used machines with high hours for starting out but the tradeoff is less efficient (fuel usage)and more costly to maintain (mechanical). More incentive to grind and buy new equipment. I can start out new farmer and buy an old model tractor......with zero hours.....because that makes sense
FTF
Farmeros Argentinos

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but how nice it would be to be able to rent fields... to obtain a profit from what is harvested for the owner of the field and for me
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

i would like to rent fields also. like whrn i rent my land to my brother its 50/50 on the rent and he uses his equipment.

i do have a problem with contracts disappearing. when i go to contracts after starting the game there are a lot of contracts but i only get to read half of them and then contracts for sowing and others disappear. then i do the contracts that stay and then i am done and no more contracts. i wish the ones that go away would stay to be able to so sowing or spraying. i have not been able to do those yet.
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

I started playing FS22 on PS5 about a month ago. I thought the contracts were appearing and disappearing strangely but I always got the right machinery and enough material to finish (heard about that problem beforehand). Will relate my experience to help the cause and find a fix.

I started a second save on Elm Creek about 10 days ago and have been keeping track of what contracts are appearing. I am on 1 day months with seasonal growth, stones on, weeds off. I know something is amiss because I have played through 21 in game days and have not seen a single sowing contract, not one. Baling, harvesting, fertilizing, cultivating all appear. Some plowing but less than anything else. Is stone removal a thing? if it is then I haven't seen one of those contracts either. The disappearing contracts seem worse after sleeping than when loading into the game. Quitting and reloading does not help much as the game seems to shuffle its contract queue every time you load in, when the new entries stay on the screen long enough to tell the difference that is.

Until I found this thread I thought maybe it was a mod conflict or something. Will keep track and if I see anything helpful in my game I will share it here.
Cheers, everyone.

*edit: played through 21 in game days.
Farming on PS5
Valahnuk

Post by Valahnuk »

Old-an-Slow wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:40 pm I started playing FS22 on PS5 about a month ago. I thought the contracts were appearing and disappearing strangely but I always got the right machinery and enough material to finish (heard about that problem beforehand). Will relate my experience to help the cause and find a fix.

I started a second save on Elm Creek about 10 days ago and have been keeping track of what contracts are appearing. I am on 1 day months with seasonal growth, stones on, weeds off. I know something is amiss because I have played through 21 in game days and have not seen a single sowing contract, not one. Baling, harvesting, fertilizing, cultivating all appear. Some plowing but less than anything else. Is stone removal a thing? if it is then I haven't seen one of those contracts either. The disappearing contracts seem worse after sleeping than when loading into the game. Quitting and reloading does not help much as the game seems to shuffle its contract queue every time you load in, when the new entries stay on the screen long enough to tell the difference that is.

Until I found this thread I thought maybe it was a mod conflict or something. Will keep track and if I see anything helpful in my game I will share it here.
Cheers, everyone.

I got sowing contracts for the first time 3 seasons into the game.

I check the contract menu right away in the morning when I wake up in the game, and it seems like it's only then I see sowing contracts, but you need to be quick as hell because they disappear within like 5 seconds.
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

Valahnuk wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:09 am
Old-an-Slow wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:40 pm I started playing FS22 on PS5 about a month ago. I thought the contracts were appearing and disappearing strangely but I always got the right machinery and enough material to finish (heard about that problem beforehand). Will relate my experience to help the cause and find a fix.

Cheers, everyone.

I got sowing contracts for the first time 3 seasons into the game.

I check the contract menu right away in the morning when I wake up in the game, and it seems like it's only then I see sowing contracts, but you need to be quick as hell because they disappear within like 5 seconds.
Just came back today to say I finally saw a sowing contract. Just like you it was into season 3. Mine appeared during the day and stayed up. I know what you mean after a sleep new contracts going away fast. If you want to catch them it helps to set time to .5 before sleeping.

I have noticed that sometimes the ones that disappear can come up again later on.
Farming on PS5
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

i tryed to get straw on a contract but the game would not let me do that. however i like when you contract a field with your own equipment and you contract anogther field with house equipment you can use the house equipment to do your contract. i think that is kinda cheating.
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
CEH

Post by CEH »

After updating to 1.8.1.0 Contracts are still disappearing. I will start a new map, then go straight to contracts. They will disappear faster than I can accept. This is happening to me on console.