Contracts disappearing?

Rasping rabbit

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Rasping rabbit »

CoreyTr wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 am
Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:22 pm
they do say they have the fixes and minor tweaks we just can't have them until we buy something else
I would love to see where Giants have said anything similar to ‘pay us or we won’t fix your game’ :biggrin2:
You should be able to read between the lines. Based on past and present experience, Giants prefer to save the bug patches until there is something to sell.

Yes, the patch will be free, but it won't be available until their paid mods are ready.

Which isn’t the same as we can’t have the fixes until we buy something, which is what I was getting at. 👍🏼
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:38 am

I would love to see where Giants have said anything similar to ‘pay us or we won’t fix your game’ :biggrin2:
You should be able to read between the lines. Based on past and present experience, Giants prefer to save the bug patches until there is something to sell.

Yes, the patch will be free, but it won't be available until their paid mods are ready.

Which isn’t the same as we can’t have the fixes until we buy something, which is what I was getting at. 👍🏼
Which is why I explained reading between the lines, which is what I was getting at. 👍🏼
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Also, something else will probably break with the new update.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

they do say they have the fixes and minor tweaks we just can't have them until we buy something else
I would love to see where Giants have said anything similar to ‘pay us or we won’t fix your game’ :biggri

Last edited by Laughinggravy on Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

CoreyTr wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:49 am
Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:38 am

Which is why I explained reading between the lines, which is what I was getting at. 👍🏼
Thanks for trying to explain it to him Corey at least you know what i was getting at *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Just to make it clear to you what i mean. When they release a DLC which we pay for along comes a patch and in that patch is normally any game fixes. Lars has already said on the German forum they know what the problem is with the contracts and it's not a bug just a minor tweak. So to make it clear they admit to having fixes but until the DLC comes out which we pay for we can't have them as in their eyes they are not game breaking. Is that clear enough for you now sir *thumbsup*
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Laughinggravy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 pm Just to make it clear to you what i mean. When they release a DLC which we pay for along comes a patch and in that patch is normally any game fixes. Lars has already said on the German forum they know what the problem is with the contracts and it's not a bug just a minor tweak. So to make it clear they admit to having fixes but until the DLC comes out which we pay for we can't have them as in their eyes they are not game breaking. Is that clear enough for you now sir *thumbsup*
Couple of points

- The patch is free, even if one does not buy the DLC.
- They don't want to patch more often because they don't want to deal with the Playstation and Xbox processes more often than minimally required, meaning only at release of DLC that basically needs a patch to allow the DLC.
- They want all platforms on the same version, thus no PC patch independent of the consoles.

I don't care what Lars says, it's a bug, just not a crash to desktop bug that would force them to hotfix it.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:06 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 pm Just to make it clear to you what i mean. When they release a DLC which we pay for along comes a patch and in that patch is normally any game fixes. Lars has already said on the German forum they know what the problem is with the contracts and it's not a bug just a minor tweak. So to make it clear they admit to having fixes but until the DLC comes out which we pay for we can't have them as in their eyes they are not game breaking. Is that clear enough for you now sir *thumbsup*
Couple of points

- The patch is free, even if one does not buy the DLC.
- They don't want to patch more often because they don't want to deal with the Playstation and Xbox processes more often than minimally required, meaning only at release of DLC that basically needs a patch to allow the DLC.
- They want all platforms on the same version, thus no PC patch independent of the consoles.

I don't care what Lars says, it's a bug, just not a crash to desktop bug that would force them to hotfix it.
Couple more points here as well as i see it.
Agree the patch is free but it will only come out when the paid DLC does it's not free like precision farming one was is it.
If they want to patch more often or not after all this time the base game should be working as intended by now they introduced this crossplay stuff so it's their mess to sort out not a modders.

I don't care what Lars or anyone else says either i think it's a bug as well and an annoying one at that depending on how you play the game i was simply quoting what he said.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Laughinggravy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 pm
Just to make it clear to you what i mean. When they release a DLC which we pay for along comes a patch and in that patch is normally any game fixes. Lars has already said on the German forum they know what the problem is with the contracts and it's not a bug just a minor tweak. So to make it clear they admit to having fixes but until the DLC comes out which we pay for we can't have them as in their eyes they are not game breaking. Is that clear enough for you now sir *thumbsup*
I realise this patch is coming out with the paid DLC, but I am fairly sure they also released patch fixes when they released the free DLC’s earlier in the year. So it’s not only with paid DLC’s.

However I agree with your sentiment, it would be better if they fixed things sooner rather than waiting for DLC’s, whether paid or free.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:21 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 pm
I realise this patch is coming out with the paid DLC, but I am fairly sure they also released patch fixes when they released the free DLC’s earlier in the year. So it’s not only with paid DLC’s.

However I agree with your sentiment, it would be better if they fixed things sooner rather than waiting for DLC’s, whether paid or free.
Thank you sir i realise it was how i put it, should have made it clear that at no time Giants have said we cannot have the fixes to any bugs unless we pay for a DLC, my bad sorry and as Corey said it's just reading between the lines.
It would be nice as you say if they released fixes sooner rather than later. This is only my opinion but we never hear anything for month's until they have something to sell or something like farmcon comes along. It surely wouldn't hurt one of them to just post on here now and then we know about such and such an issue and it will be sorted as soon as, it would put a stop to a lot of unnecessary arguments.
Farmeros Argentinos

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

Well, I'm going to tell you... Marcel (or however you write it) gave me in the discord lobby that in the patch that will come out before August 23, which is when the dlc comes out, they fixed the issue of contracts and improved those of harvest... let's hope it's like that... it's been very boring without the contracts... they hardly ever come out
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Just for the record ... published few hours ago *thumbsup*

https://github.com/Mmtrx/FS22_BetterCon ... g/v1.2.4.0
Slain

Post by Slain »

DjGoHam mentioned in today´s Farm Sim News that Patch 1.7 will be available on Monday 22nd of August. Lets hope it will fix the contracts issue and won´t bring any new major issue. *thumbsup*
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Slain wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm DjGoHam mentioned in today´s Farm Sim News that Patch 1.7 will be available on Monday 22nd of August. Lets hope it will fix the contracts issue and won´t bring any new major issue. *thumbsup*
I also hope that they finally solve this bug ... 3 months of waiting are really too many.
Slain

Post by Slain »

Fatlizard wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:53 pm
Slain wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm DjGoHam mentioned in today´s Farm Sim News that Patch 1.7 will be available on Monday 22nd of August. Lets hope it will fix the contracts issue and won´t bring any new major issue. *thumbsup*
I also hope that they finally solve this bug ... 3 months of waiting are really too many.
Totally agree, 3 months is way too much. In the meantime, I switched back to FS 19.