Contracts disappearing?

Laughinggravy

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Laughinggravy »

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:09 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:37 am
Farmeros Argentinos wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:49 am this thread will die and we will continue without contracts
Giants are aware of this issue and have a fix for it but won't release it until we buy something else from them that needs patch 1.7. Was told this cross play thing also has a lot to do with why updates are slow to be released.
People will make up any excuse possible.
This is the first version with cross play, but all previous versions have suffered slow updates as well.
One person even said it cost Giants money to release updates for console, which I know for certain is bogus.

I think you're right about 1.7. The problem is that it's always a gamble for players when an update drops. Kind of like a loot-box, or a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. What will it fix, what will it break.
Don't know about you bud but i'm fed up with this Beta version and the fact they have an update ready to go but for some reason they won't let us have it.
KingRemo

Post by KingRemo »

Hello. Don't know if anyone has already solved this problem please?
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Laughinggravy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:04 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:37 am Giants are aware of this issue and have a fix for it but won't release it until we buy something else from them that needs patch 1.7. Was told this cross play thing also has a lot to do with why updates are slow to be released.
This is the first version with cross play, but all previous versions have suffered slow updates as well.
One person even said it cost Giants money to release updates for console, which I know for certain is bogus.

I think you're right about 1.7. The problem is that it's always a gamble for players when an update drops. Kind of like a loot-box, or a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. What will it fix, what will it break.
Don't know about you bud but i'm fed up with this Beta version and the fact they have an update ready to go but for some reason they won't let us have it.
I honestly don't know what the problem is with getting patches/Hotfixes out. I'm sure crossplay has something to do with it and the fact that it has to be tested by Microsoft and Sony as well as Giants, but still it shouldn't be wait till patch 1.7 for a major bug fix. Perhaps it's that Giants are now self publishing and don't have someone like Focus breathing down their neck. But you're right the game is starting to feel like a beta, and we move from one beta to another.
And yes you're right Giant's have always been slow at fixing things but when push came to shove and something was gamebreaking they'd release a hotfix. I'm a PC player so I can't speak for console players previous patches, but I was looking through older patches for previous versions of the game and Giant's released several hotfixes for FS19 when needed. We'd actually get for example patch 1.3 then 1.3.1 or patch 1.4 then 1.4.1 and so on. Look at the compiled list of patches for FS19 and you'll see;
https://www.farming-simulator.com/chang ... country=us
Like I said I know they were slow for most updates, but when they had to they pushed out a X.X.1 patch. Now we just get, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 and then be told to sit tight for 3-4 months till the next DLC/Patch comes out. (Actually just checked and we did get 1 or 2 hotfixes for FS22 when it first came out to fix thing like the pallet throwing problem, but I guess no more)
On a side note I have a new youtube channel, and you know what my most popular videos are, they're the ones describing how to fix and get around bugs. Sure the "how to" videos do well, but #1 is the video telling people how to get around the stupid pallet "fix/limit".

And no KingRemo as far as know no ones figure a work around yet, sadly.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:52 am
Laughinggravy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:04 pm

I honestly don't know what the problem is with getting patches/Hotfixes out. I'm sure crossplay has something to do with it and the fact that it has to be tested by Microsoft and Sony as well as Giants, but still it shouldn't be wait till patch 1.7 for a major bug fix. Perhaps it's that Giants are now self publishing and don't have someone like Focus breathing down their neck. But you're right the game is starting to feel like a beta, and we move from one beta to another.
And yes you're right Giant's have always been slow at fixing things but when push came to shove and something was gamebreaking they'd release a hotfix. I'm a PC player so I can't speak for console players previous patches, but I was looking through older patches for previous versions of the game and Giant's released several hotfixes for FS19 when needed. We'd actually get for example patch 1.3 then 1.3.1 or patch 1.4 then 1.4.1 and so on. Look at the compiled list of patches for FS19 and you'll see;
https://www.farming-simulator.com/chang ... country=us
Like I said I know they were slow for most updates, but when they had to they pushed out a X.X.1 patch. Now we just get, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 and then be told to sit tight for 3-4 months till the next DLC/Patch comes out. (Actually just checked and we did get 1 or 2 hotfixes for FS22 when it first came out to fix thing like the pallet throwing problem, but I guess no more)
On a side note I have a new youtube channel, and you know what my most popular videos are, they're the ones describing how to fix and get around bugs. Sure the "how to" videos do well, but #1 is the video telling people how to get around the stupid pallet "fix/limit".

And no KingRemo as far as know no ones figure a work around yet, sadly.
This contracts disappering bug is really starting to brass me off and depending on how you play it can be game breaking. That's incredible that the most polular videos on your channel are the ones fixing and getting around bugs the only reason i can see as to why they are slow is this crossplay thing so at a guess i would say you are correct about that and someone else has also said that on here. It would be a safe bet to say they haven't told their new partners that we don't have a base game yet that's working as intended and i bet it's not mentioned at farmcon that the base game is broken.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Cross-Play would be the biggest hold up. On PC there is literally no reason why you wouldn't and couldn't release patches and hotfixes as you produce them to fix and improve your product. I have many games on Steam that are receiving updates and addons all the time, that's the great things about the PC Platform it's very easy to deploy content and with Steam even have the option of the "Betas" tab so players can opt in to updates to test them and see if there are bugs before the updates are rolled out to the main product. The problem with this is Consoles obviously can not be updated as quickly or as easily as a PC Version, and with the PC version of a game potentially able to very quickly get several versions ahead of console, that would break cross-play as consoles could not connect with and play with PCs running a newer version of the game.

However I think Giants should give us players the choice. I would sooner be able to Opt-In to a Beta or Test version of the Game on PC to be able to get big fixes to problems like this, then have the Cross-Play feature which I have never used. As a PC Player I use a variety of Script Based Mods which are in my 'Must Have' list so therefore any servers I make, host and run aren't eligible for Cross-Play anyway. I would however like the option to be able to do a varied and healthy amount of contracts on whatever map I'm playing and whether I'm in single player or multiplayer. Ploughing/Sowing/Cultivating are getting a bit boring now. I want my Harvest Contracts, Fertilising Contracts and Spraying Contracts back.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:57 am Cross-Play would be the biggest hold up. On PC there is literally no reason why you wouldn't and couldn't release patches and hotfixes as you produce them to fix and improve your product. I have many games on Steam that are receiving updates and addons all the time, that's the great things about the PC Platform it's very easy to deploy content and with Steam even have the option of the "Betas" tab so players can opt in to updates to test them and see if there are bugs before the updates are rolled out to the main product. The problem with this is Consoles obviously can not be updated as quickly or as easily as a PC Version, and with the PC version of a game potentially able to very quickly get several versions ahead of console, that would break cross-play as consoles could not connect with and play with PCs running a newer version of the game.

However I think Giants should give us players the choice. I would sooner be able to Opt-In to a Beta or Test version of the Game on PC to be able to get big fixes to problems like this, then have the Cross-Play feature which I have never used. As a PC Player I use a variety of Script Based Mods which are in my 'Must Have' list so therefore any servers I make, host and run aren't eligible for Cross-Play anyway. I would however like the option to be able to do a varied and healthy amount of contracts on whatever map I'm playing and whether I'm in single player or multiplayer. Ploughing/Sowing/Cultivating are getting a bit boring now. I want my Harvest Contracts, Fertilising Contracts and Spraying Contracts back.
Don't know about you cwatty but i feel it's been a beta game since it was released. This contracts bug is just so annoying it's really spoiling the game, just wish they would communicate and tell us when it's likely to get fixed instead of just silence. I'm thinking of going to a medium next to try and get a response that way, if they hadn't come on here trying to sell us something the other day i would swear they are all dead. If or when it gets fixed don't think i'll ever do another baling contract again.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

KingRemo wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:50 am Hello. Don't know if anyone has already solved this problem please?
Apparently Giants have though they deem it not important enough to release a fix *thumbsdown*
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

I'll say it again.
A developer submits a patch to MS and Sony.
It sits in a queue for a week or two (depending on how many are ahead of it in the queue).
Once reviewed and passed, MS and Sony let the developer know it's good to go.
The developer chooses a date to release it.
The developer releases the PC/Mac version on the same date.

It's pretty much the same process as the mod "testing" that Giants does.
It's also the same for IOS and Android.
XBOX, PS, IOS and ANDROID are not checking the game for functionality or for bugs. They're checking for security and stability issues related to their individual systems, just like Giants does for their mods-in-testing.

The only thinking holding back updates to Farming Simulator is Giants themselves.
Dafaq_man

Post by Dafaq_man »

I rarely write on forums but for this I really needed to get it out and raise the thread comments count so that Giants acts quick.

The disappearing contracts in a GIANT bummer, as you're stuck basically doing nothing but plowing, cultivating, sowing, fertilising, weeding and baling for the entire game. No extra cash from harvesting or anything else. Also, not being reimbursed for buying fertiliser and seeds means you'll always break at a loss in fertilising contracts. Extremely annoying to say the least. They need to post a hotfix ASAP.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Dafaq_man wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:31 pm I rarely write on forums but for this I really needed to get it out and raise the thread comments count so that Giants acts quick.

The disappearing contracts in a GIANT bummer, as you're stuck basically doing nothing but plowing, cultivating, sowing, fertilising, weeding and baling for the entire game. No extra cash from harvesting or anything else. Also, not being reimbursed for buying fertiliser and seeds means you'll always break at a loss in fertilising contracts. Extremely annoying to say the least. They need to post a hotfix ASAP.
I'm only responding to give mad props to your name. Well done sir!!!!

Also I agree with your post lol
FTF
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

maybe they just expect us to turn off seasons so we can make money that way or flood our farms with animals , Starting out on farms the contracts are the main way to male money and stay afloat until you get a few seasons into it and can harvest crops . I have given up playing it and back playing 19 until this is fixed
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

The bug seems to be disregarding whether or not you have finished in a field. I took on a plowing contract on Calmsden farm and did almost all of it yesterday and there was a message saying contract complete but I like to do the whole field so I saved it to finish today. When I loaded the game it wouldn't let me plow anymore and said the equipment was for contract work but before I could do anything the whole field was covered in lime. I came out of the game in case it was a having a funny moment and the same thing happened again so I had to close the contract.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

When contracts go to “Complete” status, if you save and log out of the game you lose access to the field and can do no more work on it. This is why it’s always important to finish up any work on a field before exiting your game session, as you won’t be pick it up again later. So that’s why when we used to have Harvest Conrracts in the game, I made sure to do all the straw collecting and transporting before selling the actual crop and completing the contract, otherwise you’d be blocked from getting the straw collected if the contract moved from Active to Completed.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Bobble2020 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:19 pm maybe they just expect us to turn off seasons so we can make money that way or flood our farms with animals , Starting out on farms the contracts are the main way to male money and stay afloat until you get a few seasons into it and can harvest crops . I have given up playing it and back playing 19 until this is fixed
Think you have the right idea going back to 19 for a bit 22 is just a joke, at this rate Giants won't have anything left to fool us with come 1st April.
Mrakomor

Post by Mrakomor »

I thought the problem was related to the time of the year. Because I always had very little contracts during winter and more contracts during the other seasons.