Contracts disappearing?

Rasping rabbit

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Rasping rabbit »

jeremyj621 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:13 am but I still have to pay for the chemicals or seed out of my own pocket. Depending on the equipment being used and the size of the field, that cost can actually end up being more than I earn for the job.
When you take your car to a garage for a service do you supply him with oil, coolant, washer fluid etc it does he include it in the bill?

The cost of burying the fertiliser for example may be more for the pallet but it needs to be a big field to use the whole thing and if a contract payout isn’t big for that then maybe the modder set them up wrong? Generally you use a small amount and get to keep the left over product for other contracts.

Have you actually tried them? I make a decent amount of money on fertiliser contracts and seeding. Also if you lease the equipment, when you return it you get reimbursed for any seed/fert left in the equipment.

The only time I have seen them lose money is on hard economy using a worker that set to auto buy the product.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I have never seen any connect lose money. The price of the contract pays you back for the seed or chemical and essentially you just get paid for the labor and equipment use. A lot of times irl I have to provide all the equipment and seed or chemical as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Amberlight

Post by Amberlight »

Thought i would add my name to the list of complaints. Just had a look around East Vineland, nice map, but with the price of land i am gonna need contracts to get anywhere. No contracts on there at all.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Did you report that to the map maker?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Unfortunately my report's status is still on "assigned" on Public Bugtracker as you can read in my previous post.
Bug was reported on 05 June ... Giants developers already on summer holidays ?

@Amberlight ... you're right ... it's a common disaster for those, like me, who want start from scratch and not like a bored billionare
and no matter what map you are playing on (I've just tried to start a Hard Career on Hof Bergmann Map)

At this point I wonder how many of you have had the time, and the will, to fill in the Bugtracker form reporting this stuff bug.

https://feedback.giants-software.com/
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Why do some of y'all put the game on hard and then say you cant make money using ai helper to do contracts?

You can make money using ai if you change the economy. I dont get how this is still a thing.

As far as contracts disappear and making game hard on hard, yes that's an issue. Wouldnt he shocked if its changed with the next update.
FTF
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 pm Why do some of y'all put the game on hard and then say you cant make money using ai helper to do contracts?

You can make money using ai if you change the economy. I dont get how this is still a thing.

As far as contracts disappear and making game hard on hard, yes that's an issue. Wouldnt he shocked if its changed with the next update.
Everyone plays as they want but, I speak obviously for me only , making money isn't my core business , I like just a microscopic bit of realism so I like start from scratch without money ,just 20.000 € an old bicycle for travels and a camping tent as home (Mods)and for fertilizers or chemicals in the first contracts (sigh!) , no equipment, no lands and no debt.
I use AI helpers only for some very long jobs to do alone such as plowing immense fields or collecting potatoes.
So gaming like this satisfy me ... if I want money there are cheats but after a little while is boring like hell. (No challenges
No Party :wink: )
In this way the game acquires longevity and makes me happy and relaxed playing (we already get stress enough in real life) :mrgreen:
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:20 pm
jeremyj621 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:13 am but I still have to pay for the chemicals or seed out of my own pocket. Depending on the equipment being used and the size of the field, that cost can actually end up being more than I earn for the job.
When you take your car to a garage for a service do you supply him with oil, coolant, washer fluid etc it does he include it in the bill?

The cost of burying the fertiliser for example may be more for the pallet but it needs to be a big field to use the whole thing and if a contract payout isn’t big for that then maybe the modder set them up wrong? Generally you use a small amount and get to keep the left over product for other contracts.

Have you actually tried them? I make a decent amount of money on fertiliser contracts and seeding. Also if you lease the equipment, when you return it you get reimbursed for any seed/fert left in the equipment.

The only time I have seen them lose money is on hard economy using a worker that set to auto buy the product.
Several times on the Elm Creek map, I end up losing money on fertilizing or spraying jobs when I use my own equipment on small fields. I spend more for the fertilizer or spray than I earn. The only time such jobs are profitable is if I have enough left over fertilizer or spray from my own field work. Otherwise, if I have to buy it, I lose money on the job.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

jeremyj621 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 pm
Several times on the Elm Creek map, I end up losing money on fertilizing or spraying jobs when I use my own equipment on small fields. I spend more for the fertilizer or spray than I earn. The only time such jobs are profitable is if I have enough left over fertilizer or spray from my own field work. Otherwise, if I have to buy it, I lose money on the job.
But do you use all that product on the contract or do you still have most of it leftover?

A lot of people seem to forget that although they had to buy 2000l of product, they only actually used 1-200 on the contract. And the actual value of product that they used to complete the contract was worth a lot less than the contract paid out.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:27 am
But do you use all that product on the contract or do you still have most of it leftover?

A lot of people seem to forget that although they had to buy 2000l of product, they only actually used 1-200 on the contract. And the actual value of product that they used to complete the contract was worth a lot less than the contract paid out.
This, and if you use the extra for something else you should subtract that cost from what you use for that. You don’t just throw away the extra
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:27 am
jeremyj621 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 pm

OK, I figured out why I was losing money on fertilizing and spraying contracts. When accepting a job, whether using my own equipment or leasing it, I was filling up the sprayer or spreader completely. I was being imbursed for what used, not what I filled it up with, so that is why I was losing money. Now, I take into account what the job is offering and fill the tool up with a total cost of fertilizer or spray less than the offered amount which is usually enough to do the job.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:20 pm Also if you lease the equipment, when you return it you get reimbursed for any seed/fert left in the equipment.

I haven't been reimbursed for any fertilizer or spray left in the leased equipment when I returned it, much like I won't get reimbursed for selling a spreader or sprayer that is filled.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

jeremyj621 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:15 am
Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:20 pm Also if you lease the equipment, when you return it you get reimbursed for any seed/fert left in the equipment.

I haven't been reimbursed for any fertilizer or spray left in the leased equipment when I returned it, much like I won't get reimbursed for selling a spreader or sprayer that is filled.
Sorry I should have said borrowed, not leased. If you choose the borrow equipment option on the contract rather than using your own, any fert/herb/seed left in the equipment when you return it, the cost will be reimbursed for whatever is left.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Fatlizard wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:39 pm
Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 pm Why do some of y'all put the game on hard and then say you cant make money using ai helper to do contracts?

Everyone plays as they want but, I speak obviously for me only , making money isn't my core business , I like just a microscopic bit of realism so I like start from scratch without money ,just 20.000 € an old bicycle for travels and a camping tent as home (Mods)and for fertilizers or chemicals in the first contracts (sigh!) , no equipment, no lands and no debt.
I use AI helpers only for some very long jobs to do alone such as plowing immense fields or collecting potatoes.
So gaming like this satisfy me ... if I want money there are cheats but after a little while is boring like hell. (No challenges
No Party :wink: )
In this way the game acquires longevity and makes me happy and relaxed playing (we already get stress enough in real life) :mrgreen:
I know what your saying. If your playing on hard and using lots of ai workers its obviously gonna be hard to turn much profit. I was speaking more to Jeremy. I took the comment as they were using ai workers and not turning a profit on contracts. Which on hard is difficult to turn much profit using many ai helpers
FTF
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:39 am
jeremyj621 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:15 am

Sorry I should have said borrowed, not leased. If you choose the borrow equipment option on the contract rather than using your own, any fert/herb/seed left in the equipment when you return it, the cost will be reimbursed for whatever is left.
This is interesting, and true because I did test in on Elm Creek by starting a new game in Start From Scratch mode. However, I can also confirm I DID lose money on two fertilizing contracts. In both cases, I borrowed the equipment and bought the fertilizer, and both jobs paid less than the cost of a single bag of fertilizer. I was somehow only partially reimbursed and lost money on the job. So I guess the lesson is this: if a job pays less than the cost of a single bag of fertilizer or pallet of spray, don't take the job unless you are using your own equipment and surplus of fertilizer/spray.