Contracts disappearing?

deerefarm

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by deerefarm »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:35 am Another thing I just noticed tonight as well. The new ERO Grapeliner Series 7000 Grape Harvester DLC. On Steam for Season Pass Owners like myself we have to buy this for £1.69 even though clearly on the Forum Post in the Announcement Section and on the Website, Giants state this item should be free to anyone who has purchased the Season Pass or bought a Beacon Light from the Merch Store.
I have the season's pass on Steam and it downloaded and installed for me without having to purchase it. I did my download later in the day so maybe the wrong buttons got pushed (as usual) when sending the info to steam. Hopefully the delay wasn't a cash grab to try and get people to purchase it separately..... :sadnew: I haven't used it yet but I was able to take a look at it in the shop and see the specs.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

@howey ... I share many of the observations made in your post but please allow myself a small step back and a different perspective in my question ... I find no trace of complaints from any player (PC or Console) about the Contracts system before it was itself changed (improved) with patch 1.5 .
Why change that system then ?
What went through Giants' mind about tweaking a system that wasn't generating discontent or complaints ?
Why not then provide the solution by rolling back to the previous system ?
Luckily for those who, like me, play on PC a Modder has provided a simple and , don't forget, open source solution but for other friends on Console? It doesn't seem to me that all console players are happy with this situation (me too am reading mixed feedbacks).
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Not 100% resolved, although I at least HAVE some contracts to choose from. Ran a corn harvest contract with the Cereal Factory as the drop point (I own it...). Game allowed me to deliver the entire harvest without filling up the factory (Bummer? It was almost empty, and I wanted the corn...), I got the green "100% transported..." alert, but the contract stayed stuck at 20% complete. Only positive note was no penalty when I cancelled. A previous harvest contract to Feed & Grain South worked fine, so maybe it's just production points that are messed up? PS5, Frankenmuth map, map NOT updated because I don't want to start a new save, yet.
Old fat guy with a day job...
JimmyJJ

Post by JimmyJJ »

So there was another update today which what I can tell was just adding the new equipment in. And surprise surprise (not really) my harvest contracts are disappearing again.
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

According to the patch notes it was just a fix for a shader issue, no new things included
Sri_Lanka_Frog

Post by Sri_Lanka_Frog »

I am playing on XBOX ONE and contracts were working fine for several "months" of in game game play.

It got to be January and things were slow, I found the "sleep" till such and such hour tomorrow and used it.

I went into my contracts and there was 2 pages of them and all of a sudden they started disappearing 1 by 1 until they all were gone.

Contracts were fine until I used the sleep function.

I started a new game and have not used the in game sleep function yet, contracts appear to be working as normal. I think will just use the 100x time speed rather than sleeping to advance the days.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Only issue I'm seeing with contracts now in my setup withs mods and stuff, is that now when contracts become 'Completed' on the missions screen, if you don't actually go and click on them and collect the payment for the contract, if you save and exit the game or in multiplayer log out of the game and then log back in, all the Completed Contracts disappear and you don't get paid for them. If you had any leased or borrowed equipment still being used on other 'Active' contracts those too are also gone. So you have to make sure you have completed everything you want to do and physically collect the contracts and payments before exiting the game or kiss goodbye to the payments and equipment and enjoy having had your time wasted.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Cwattyeso if you see it disappear you can keep reloading and it will come back. I’ve had that happen a few times.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I don't think that will work, because the Fields which had Completed Contracts on them, are now showing in game as New Contracts for the next step. For example I did some Sowing Contracts on a save Yesterday and saved and exited the game when they were complete. Today I load the save and the Completed Contracts have gone, I've received no payment, yet now on the contracts screen I can see Fertilising Contracts for those fields instead.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:40 pm I don't think that will work, because the Fields which had Completed Contracts on them, are now showing in game as New Contracts for the next step.
It’s for this reason that you need to reload. I believe this is why your completed contracts disappear. Because the games trying to put a new contract on it. You may be right since the times I’ve reloaded were before any of the last 2 updates. I’ve done it twice though and both times the completed status came back.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
X3n0morph

Post by X3n0morph »

So, I accepted an $82,000 contract, which took me 2 weeks to complete. Once completed, (to 100%), I saved, went to bed, the next day I get up, I have $13k in my "account" and the contract was gone. It's not even about the "money" it's about the fact it took me 2 weeks to complete, and it disappeared. Assuming no fix?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Why didn't you accept the money before exiting? I know someone else said they same thing that they exit before accepting and it goes away. I don't understand why not just accept before exiting it takes 2 more seconds.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

I hope you're not saying it's his fault.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No i don't think it should be happening, I just don't get why not just take your money then save and exit. It takes two more seconds especially if you put two weeks into that work.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

In my case I sometimes run out of time to finish a contract, especially if I've already spent a lot of the day playing. So it's obviously not a bad idea to save the game, exit and pick up again next time. The reason for not collecting the already completed contracts which you say takes 2 seconds, is because I often forget which contract I leased or borrowed equipment from, which is common if I'm using it to complete several similar type contracts currently accepted. Therefore it's a potential risk that accepting payment for a completed contract, could see the leased/borrowed equipment instantly returned and therefore I'm now left unable to complete the contract I was currently undertaking or several of the ones still outstanding.

The other scenario is I'm doing harvesting contracts, and whilst the contracts are on the screen and before I get paid, I still have access to the fields to do things like collect or bale straw. The second you accept payment, the game engine completely updates the field and deletes all the straw swathes you left with the combine meaning you can't get any straw collection done.