Contracts disappearing?

Laughinggravy

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Laughinggravy »

Mrakomor wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:47 am I thought the problem was related to the time of the year. Because I always had very little contracts during winter and more contracts during the other seasons.
No it's a bug introduced by Giants with the patch 1.6 to which they have a fix but won't release it.
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Just for the record... the Contracts' bug was introduced with the patch 1.5... and when Giants was ready to release 1.6 they were not ready yet for fixing it... *thumbsdown*
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Fatlizard wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:03 pm Just for the record... the Contracts' bug was introduced with the patch 1.5... and when Giants was ready to release 1.6 they were not ready yet for fixing it... *thumbsdown*
Quite Correct sir my bad memory again thing is it seems to have been in the game that long it's hard to remember. You have reminded me now they said on the German forum that they had a fix but didn't have time to implement it in patch 1.6 they have said diddly squat on here except anyone want to buy the Platinum expansion *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:32 am When contracts go to “Complete” status, if you save and log out of the game you lose access to the field and can do no more work on it. This is why it’s always important to finish up any work on a field before exiting your game session, as you won’t be pick it up again later. So that’s why when we used to have Harvest Conrracts in the game, I made sure to do all the straw collecting and transporting before selling the actual crop and completing the contract, otherwise you’d be blocked from getting the straw collected if the contract moved from Active to Completed.
Oh ok. I will start doing that then. If I do run out of time I will make sure I stop whilst a contract is still active as that has been fine so far. Thanks for the info 🙂
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Still a problem for me, although I started a save on Stone Valley and have been getting contracts, and I had two small tillage jobs pop up on Frankenmuth. Oddly, I'm in the fall season arc on both saves. Is there any timeline on 1.7?
Old fat guy with a day job...
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

wheelmansteve wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:36 pm Still a problem for me, although I started a save on Stone Valley and have been getting contracts, and I had two small tillage jobs pop up on Frankenmuth. Oddly, I'm in the fall season arc on both saves. Is there any timeline on 1.7?
The timeline on 1.7 is one of Giants most guarded secrets, it appears even more so than what the next dlc is going to be. Having a base game that doesn't work as intended seems to be a subject they don't like to talk about especially on here.
empato

Post by empato »

Unfortunately for them it`s not a gamebreaking bug (I have a different opinion about that.)

Here is a comment from Lisertan about it which he posted today.

viewtopic.php?f=955&p=1524513#p1524489

translated
--
I just hope that we don't *have to wait until the release of the DLC with the mission fix - because that would still be 33 days (about)
--
It will definitely happen the same way, otherwise a hotfix would already be there, because according to Giants, the problem was solved with the release of 1.6, but it was too late to slip into the patch. Giants doesn't see this problem as game-breaking, even though it's probably high on the list of priorities.
--

Reply from Lisertan:

That's 100% on point.

In fact, it's not a bug we had to fix, it's an adjustment. Put simply: The game checks the status of the fields and tries to deduce what the NPC farmers should do. If the answer is "harvest" then they do it. Actually they shouldn't always do it, but only with a certain probability. It was (or is) set a bit crassly, to put it nicely. This will be changed with 1.7.
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

It always amazes me to find that the answers are provided only on the German Forum .... so thank you very much @empato for the report and the translation too.
Giants, on the other hand, continues to prove inadequate to solve the problems they have created themselves. Moving forward at this rate, we will find ourselves having to thank them for not making the game even worse.
Really... no words... :neutralnew: *thumbsdown*
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

empato wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:33 pm Unfortunately for them it`s not a gamebreaking bug (I have a different opinion about that.)

Here is a comment from Lisertan about it which he posted today.

viewtopic.php?f=955&p=1524513#p1524489

translated
--
I just hope that we don't *have to wait until the release of the DLC with the mission fix - because that would still be 33 days (about)
--
It will definitely happen the same way, otherwise a hotfix would already be there, because according to Giants, the problem was solved with the release of 1.6, but it was too late to slip into the patch. Giants doesn't see this problem as game-breaking, even though it's probably high on the list of priorities.
--

Reply from Lisertan:

That's 100% on point.

In fact, it's not a bug we had to fix, it's an adjustment. Put simply: The game checks the status of the fields and tries to deduce what the NPC farmers should do. If the answer is "harvest" then they do it. Actually they shouldn't always do it, but only with a certain probability. It was (or is) set a bit crassly, to put it nicely. This will be changed with 1.7.
Many thanks for this it's a shame they won't come on the English forum and say this. It looks like we will have to wait another 33 days for the adjustment as he puts it. I share the same opinion as you on the bug to put it nicely it's a proper pain in the backside.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

So what I gathered there is, stick to my previous gameplan of buy the game used a year after release.

Noted
FTF
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:10 pm So what I gathered there is, stick to my previous gameplan of buy the game used a year after release.

Noted
It's what i've always done due to knowing how it takes Giant's a good year to get the game working properly. This time was a case of fs19 being out 3 years so bought 22 on release due to being bored of it and now instead of playing 22 i'm spending more time on here moaning about it :confusednew: or at least something like that.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Laughinggravy wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:44 pm
Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:10 pm So what I gathered there is, stick to my previous gameplan of buy the game used a year after release.

Noted
It's what i've always done due to knowing how it takes Giant's a good year to get the game working properly. This time was a case of fs19 being out 3 years so bought 22 on release due to being bored of it and now instead of playing 22 i'm spending more time on here moaning about it :confusednew: or at least something like that.
We are in the same boat lol
FTF
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

I looked into the save directory for my save game and I found npc.xml. I think if you have seasons on, during the last month npc farmers will reset their fields on different days on the last day of fall if its not reset to cultivated they will move the fields to the next stage at certain times. Like because I am playing 28 days I think on each day one or 2 fields are picked to complete the field, the field that has 0 in it is either most likely an active contract or the npc don't need to complete the field as its already in its defualt state going into winter, which is cultivated. I haven't never tested it, but in order to test it I need to get contracts, but because I am heading into winter non of the fields are useable for missions, so I will have to wait until after winter to test it. However, I am pretty sure you can adjust it by messing with the numbers, but make sure you make a copy before you mess with the numbers, just in case you mess up I think 0 means they don't do their at all, but the other numbers are probality of how likely each day they will do their field.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

"In fact, it's not a bug we had to fix, it's an adjustment."
What a silly statement. It IS a bug they have to fix. It's a game breaking bug for many players.

If it was just an adjustment then they'd tell us how to adjust it while we wait.
andlaz

Post by andlaz »

"In fact, it's not a bug we had to fix, it's an adjustment."
It's the kind of "adjustment" that got me back into FS19. I'm not much into stone-picking anyway.