Contracts disappearing?

Steel_Horse

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Steel_Horse »

This is interesting, and true because I did test in on Elm Creek by starting a new game in Start From Scratch mode. However, I can also confirm I DID lose money on two fertilizing contracts. In both cases, I borrowed the equipment and bought the fertilizer, and both jobs paid less than the cost of a single bag of fertilizer. I was somehow only partially reimbursed and lost money on the job. So I guess the lesson is this: if a job pays less than the cost of a single bag of fertilizer or pallet of spray, don't take the job unless you are using your own equipment and surplus of fertilizer/spray.
[/quote]

My test on Elm Creek was on Start From Scratch, no mods. At 8am Day1 there were 4 contracts on offer (3 spray 1 plow.) I took the smallest spraying contract at $395 on field 5 and borrowed the equipment ($93). Before I could close the screen 1 spray contract disappeared.

Fitted the equipment, bought a pallet of herbicide and filled up ($2400) back pack sprayer and front tank. Went back into contracts to double check which field only to find all contracts now gone at 8:13 on Day 1.

Went and sprayed field 5, up and back pass, as it is tiny. - Contract complete.
Collected contract Paid $2457 (included reimbursement for remaining herbicide.) Therefore less my product outlay I made 57 bucks. Yes I suspect if I had used an AI for such a small job I would have broken even or loss but 57 felt about right for less than a minutes work.

Far more interesting though is per the thread title contracts were gone so fast.
JonasKaizer

Post by JonasKaizer »

Steel_Horse wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:13 am This is interesting, and true because I did test in on Elm Creek by starting a new game in Start From Scratch mode. However, I can also confirm I DID lose money on two fertilizing contracts. In both cases, I borrowed the equipment and bought the fertilizer, and both jobs paid less than the cost of a single bag of fertilizer. I was somehow only partially reimbursed and lost money on the job. So I guess the lesson is this: if a job pays less than the cost of a single bag of fertilizer or pallet of spray, don't take the job unless you are using your own equipment and surplus of fertilizer/spray.

My test on Elm Creek was on Start From Scratch, no mods. At 8am Day1 there were 4 contracts on offer (3 spray 1 plow.) I took the smallest spraying contract at $395 on field 5 and borrowed the equipment ($93). Before I could close the screen 1 spray contract disappeared.

Fitted the equipment, bought a pallet of herbicide and filled up ($2400) back pack sprayer and front tank. Went back into contracts to double check which field only to find all contracts now gone at 8:13 on Day 1.

Went and sprayed field 5, up and back pass, as it is tiny. - Contract complete.
Collected contract Paid $2457 (included reimbursement for remaining herbicide.) Therefore less my product outlay I made 57 bucks. Yes I suspect if I had used an AI for such a small job I would have broken even or loss but 57 felt about right for less than a minutes work.

Far more interesting though is per the thread title contracts were gone so fast.
was there any herbicide left in the sprayer when you collected the reward?

Always driver to the shop or your farm and empty the equipment if it's "borrowed" or leased. then you can use the remaining product later.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Well I'm incredibly disappointed but not at all surprised to say this issue has not been fixed in Patch 1.6 which comes out next week with the Kubota DLC. Just watched a YouTube video with someone who has early access to the new DLC and the Patch, and at the end of the video they covered the Patch Notes and changes to the game coming with Patch 1.6 and there is nothing there to do with the contracts system or contracts disappearing or AI farmers completing field tasks too fast. So doesn't look like we're ever going to get contracts back in the game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:15 pm Well I'm incredibly disappointed but not at all surprised to say this issue has not been fixed in Patch 1.6 which comes out next week with the Kubota DLC. Just watched a YouTube video with someone who has early access to the new DLC and the Patch, and at the end of the video they covered the Patch Notes and changes to the game coming with Patch 1.6 and there is nothing there to do with the contracts system or contracts disappearing or AI farmers completing field tasks too fast. So doesn't look like we're ever going to get contracts back in the game.
Well I wouldnt put too much store in patch notes. Plenty of things "left out" in last few releases
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:15 pm Well I'm incredibly disappointed but not at all surprised to say this issue has not been fixed in Patch 1.6 which comes out next week with the Kubota DLC. Just watched a YouTube video with someone who has early access to the new DLC and the Patch, and at the end of the video they covered the Patch Notes and changes to the game coming with Patch 1.6 and there is nothing there to do with the contracts system or contracts disappearing or AI farmers completing field tasks too fast. So doesn't look like we're ever going to get contracts back in the game.
I hope (what a stupid optimist I am ... ) that maybe it's such a huge bulls**t that it doesn't even be mentioned ... am I wrong ?
However, how I promised myself, I downloaded the PC version of the game and I am ready to reinstall everything without the last disastrous patch.
Thanks @Cwattyeso for the feedback ...
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Thing is whilst they haven't mentioned fixing Contracts in the Patch 1.6 notes, they did mention breaking them in the Patch 1.5 notes when you go back and look at those. So I'm fully expecting on Tuesday to find the broken contracts system still in full effect. Our Bug Reports will have been closed with the "We just release a new update which may or may not have fixed your issue. If your issue still exists please submit a new bug report for our team to investigate." message. So I expect to have to open and submit a new bug report for the exact same issue and copy and paste all the information from the old report to the new one and submit it again.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

empato

Post by empato »

I hope this will not happen, but if so, I will delete the game.
For me this is absolutly game breaking and there is no reason to play it if they didn`t solve this bug with the next patch.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Well, it seems this is the new direction the game is going with contracts. They'll be good for supplemental income if you have nothing to do on your own farm, but not a major source of income. It seems the NPC farmers will also be doing the most lucrative/easiest jobs themselves (such as harvesting) and passing on the more "menial" tasks via contracts.
Rohne

Post by Rohne »

That's no direction the game's supposed to take. It's just a not welcomed (and obiously not tested and now not too easy to fix) side effect of fixing another bug, which was that the AI was too lazy about its fields before.
But I highly doubt that Giants wanted it this way.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Well I have just spent 30 minutes recording a video that I'll be posting across all social medias calling Giants out for failing to address game breaking bugs like this, ignoring bug reports submitted by players on their own bug tracker, and failing to communicate or talk to their customers who are having issues with their product. Unlike other Giants Ambassadors and Partners who are going to continue to put out content claiming this game is wonderful and perfect and the best game ever. I'm actually going to highlight and make the community aware of issues like this. I feel I would be not acting honestly as a creator if I didn't comment on the negative aspects of a product and the behaviour and lack of actions taken by company that produces it, when such things can't possibly be ignored and overlooked as they smack you in the face the minute you pick up and try to play this game. Patch 1.6 a bunch of cosmetic and trivial tweaks and corrections to stuff that didn't effect anyone, or stuff that nobody has noticed was wrong since the game released. Again seems to me like more focus and attention these lasts two months has been spent Kubota DLC and trying to get people to part with money, rather then actually fixing the base game that we've all bought and are stuck with.

Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:09 pm Well I have just spent 30 minutes recording a video that I'll be posting across all social medias calling Giants out for failing to address game breaking bugs like this, ignoring bug reports submitted by players on their own bug tracker, and failing to communicate or talk to their customers who are having issues with their product. Unlike other Giants Ambassadors and Partners who are going to continue to put out content claiming this game is wonderful and perfect and the best game ever. I'm actually going to highlight and make the community aware of issues like this. I feel I would be not acting honestly as a creator if I didn't comment on the negative aspects of a product and the behaviour and lack of actions taken by company that produces it, when such things can't possibly be ignored and overlooked as they smack you in the face the minute you pick up and try to play this game. Patch 1.6 a bunch of cosmetic and trivial tweaks and corrections to stuff that didn't effect anyone, or stuff that nobody has noticed was wrong since the game released. Again seems to me like more focus and attention these lasts two months has been spent Kubota DLC and trying to get people to part with money, rather then actually fixing the base game that we've all bought and are stuck with.
Agree every word you said here ... *thumbsup* ... Giants *thumbsdown*

PS : I'm going to reinstall the game with 1.4.1 update.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I don't think "game breaking" is too strong- while I won't stop playing, I certainly won't be starting a new map until this is resolved. With a well developed operation, the issue isn't so much income as entertainment. When my own fields are in order, I want something to do besides watch the clouds on 360 and sell produce.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Slain

Post by Slain »

Sadly, I can confirm that update 1.6 does NOT solve the problem with contracts. On a new game save - 6 harvesting contracts - gone in matter of seconds. Until it gets fixed - no more FS 22 for me.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

1.6 was for the paid mod and the passenger support. They put that info near the bottom of their list, but I am guessing they expect that feature to sell a lot of copies.

Bug fixes take a back seat to paid mods.
Redeye1960

Post by Redeye1960 »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:09 pm Well I have just spent 30 minutes recording a video that I'll be posting across all social medias calling Giants out for failing to address game breaking bugs like this, ignoring bug reports submitted by players on their own bug tracker, and failing to communicate or talk to their customers who are having issues with their product. Unlike other Giants Ambassadors and Partners who are going to continue to put out content claiming this game is wonderful and perfect and the best game ever. I'm actually going to highlight and make the community aware of issues like this. I feel I would be not acting honestly as a creator if I didn't comment on the negative aspects of a product and the behaviour and lack of actions taken by company that produces it, when such things can't possibly be ignored and overlooked as they smack you in the face the minute you pick up and try to play this game. Patch 1.6 a bunch of cosmetic and trivial tweaks and corrections to stuff that didn't effect anyone, or stuff that nobody has noticed was wrong since the game released. Again seems to me like more focus and attention these lasts two months has been spent Kubota DLC and trying to get people to part with money, rather then actually fixing the base game that we've all bought and are stuck with.
Looking at Giants Ambassadors, Partners and content creators that do "lets plays and survival challenges" and normaly use contract to get some money don't have problems I assume.
They don't mention the problems we have. In map tours the tell that contracts are available and thats it.
I personal had thrust in GIANTS and assumed that they wil fix the problem in the patch but......
I am disappointed and it takes the fun, the joy and satisfaction from playing the game...
FS 22 PC (with handcontroler PS4)

PC specs: Processor i5 9600K, RAM 16 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz, Video ASUS Strix Force RTX 2070 super OC, Monitor LG 27GL850