Thomas farmer

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Thomas farmer »

Yes sure my friend and is very difficult for new player for making money
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

My bug reported status :
Date (Bug) Submitted 05.06.2022 Status : Normal or New (I don't remember)
Date Status changed in "Assigned" (...to who It is not known to us ordinary mortals) 10.06.2022
Today is 13.06.2022 (at least on the planet where I live) and, as rightly remembered, after 10 pages of informations and cases, we all are still waiting for a Giants' sign.
I'm sorry to say this but next time I'll download a copy of the game so I'll be sure a downgrade will be a quick solution to a (unusable) game I well paid.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Thank you, Mr. Lizard! Maybe we should all register for accounts and submit reports!?
Old fat guy with a day job...
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

wheelmansteve wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:22 pm Thank you, Mr. Lizard! Maybe we should all register for accounts and submit reports!?
No problem mate ! and about your question (a really hard one)... with a obvious bug like this (Contracts) I hope Giants don't need many reports before take a look to the mess they caused and the check that must be made does not seem to me requires a lot of time or very particular conditions... simple you start a new game and wait for the contracts.
On the other hand maybe they are lazy enough to react to few reports ? Really don't know ... :hmm:

PS: Now I know what they meant when in the Season Pass they said "This will drive you crazy" ... and it was not understood in a positive sense. :-D :-?
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Other posters noted it may have been caused by a change in the date on which the AI is allowed to complete unfinished contracts- they are being completed on the first day of the month instead of the last. Seems like a simple fix. I wonder if changing the number of days per month has any impact? I'm running 6 on both saves. I'll try switch my EC save to 4 and see what happens...
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Was playing on Riverview yesterday and on the first day of the Harvest Window, 6 Harvest Contracts showed up on the contracts screen and before I could scroll down to accept them, one by one they each disappeared. Checked the map and the fields were now all suddenly harvested. Went back to the contract screen and hit the refresh button and now had 3 cultivating contracts and 3 ploughing contracts for the fields that were and should have been harvest contracts. Also rather weirdly as well, after cultivating and ploughing these six fields, sowing contracts then appeared and all of them were for Oats. Does the AI not seed anything different anymore? Why do they all plant the same crop as each other and have no variety?

Weirdly the month before I did get a Harvest Contract (For Oats surprise surprise) and was able to do that, I think in part because when the day started it was raining heavily and I don't think the AI harvests in the rain. I know when I accepted the contract, took the equipment to the field, it warned me not to harvest in the rain because I'd lose yield. So had to advance time until 11am for the rain to stop and allow me to start the contract. So I wonder if bad weather helps stop the AI from stealing all the harvesting and doing them instantly at the start of the day.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Hmmm. Wednesday evening, my Frankenmuth save offered up four contracts on June 1; a harvest job with delivery to the grain mill and three cultivating jobs. I grabbed the harvest and the bigger cultivating job and deliberately left the other two. After finishing the first two contracts, the other two were still available. (I did them...) No other contracts appeared for that day. I haven't rolled over to June 2 yet. Cautiously optimistic this has been addressed?
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

I think you were lucky, because I do not remember any update to the game in the last days.
Farmeros Argentinos

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

I spent more than 3 years in the game and the contracts keep disappearing and days go by without any coming out..
As soon as the fields were ready to harvest, I thought harvest contracts were going to come out and all of a sudden they were all harvested... a shame. I hope the giants can solve this soon... because it is boring to harvest the fields of my property, advance time without being able to make contracts to earn money *thumbsdown* :frown:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Farmeros Argentinos wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:35 pm I spent more than 3 years in the game and the contracts keep disappearing and days go by without any coming out..
As soon as the fields were ready to harvest, I thought harvest contracts were going to come out and all of a sudden they were all harvested... a shame. I hope the giants can solve this soon... because it is boring to harvest the fields of my property, advance time without being able to make contracts to earn money *thumbsdown* :frown:
How many days do you play on and what map?
Farmeros Argentinos

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

elmcreek map, and I have it in 2 days. I tried to put it more days 1 year of the game and the same thing happened almost without contracts. I hope someone from giants reads this and tells us what it could be and if they are going to solve it
Redeye1960

Post by Redeye1960 »

Until GIANTS solves the problem, the solution is for me;
Wait until 23:58 pm timescale 0.5 and the contract menu open. And then wait until 0:00 am
With a little responsiveness, you can get a contract.
The problem I find than, doing a contract, for instance sunflower what you need to deliver to the oil mill, and you own it, you don’t get the total amount of product. Just the amount what is left as you complete the contract. As I posted before: “This contract issue kills the game(play)”
FS 22 PC (with handcontroler PS4)

PC specs: Processor i5 9600K, RAM 16 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz, Video ASUS Strix Force RTX 2070 super OC, Monitor LG 27GL850
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Redeye1960 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:07 am you don’t get the total amount of product. Just the amount what is left as you complete the contract.
When did they make that change? Previously you got the full amount that you delivered.
Rohne

Post by Rohne »

Redeye1960 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:07 am Until GIANTS solves the problem, the solution is for me;
Wait until 23:58 pm timescale 0.5 and the contract menu open. And then wait until 0:00 am
With a little responsiveness, you can get a contract.
The problem I find than, doing a contract, for instance sunflower what you need to deliver to the oil mill, and you own it, you don’t get the total amount of product. Just the amount what is left as you complete the contract. As I posted before: “This contract issue kills the game(play)”
My workaround is to reset the field state using gsFieldSetFruit/Ground command, save, and manually add the contract to the missions.xml. But it's really annoying to do this and always calculate the reward and expectedLiters...
The other thing you mentioned is a works-as-designed now. Also used this as an exploit to quickly fill up my productions without owning any fields for myself, but never felt really well with it. It really was an exploit, and there was no way to play without using this (except to not buy a production or avoid specific contracts), coz you got paid twice everytime a production you own was the destination of a harvesting contract: the normal outcome from the contract plus again all the fruit which you harvested there without doing any work for it. And with large fields it filled up your productions much too quickly. Makes much more sense now, only the crop which is more than the contract's expected liters is for your usage (to be sold directly, used as feed or in a production), no matter what the defined selling station is.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

I never really liked contract work anyway. Here's why: when I hire an AI worker, I have to provide the equipment and chemicals to do the job. When I take a contract, I have to provide the equipment and chemicals for the job myself. True, I can borrow the equipment, but I still have to pay for the chemicals or seed out of my own pocket. Depending on the equipment being used and the size of the field, that cost can actually end up being more than I earn for the job. I lose money rather than earn it for the job. When doing contract work, why can't I be treated like an AI worker? Why can't the farmer I contract for provide all the equipment and chemicals for the job and simply pay me for labor?