Precision Farming is not very precise

austinm53

Precision Farming is not very precise

Post by austinm53 »

I like that giants adds in precision farming but they haven't got it quite right as far as realism goes. Things like weeds popping out of the ground in the middle of winter and having a crop canopy over the soil but weeds somehow still emerge. If you are gonna add weeds to the game, add them correctly. Also would be nice to have gallons and ibs. instead of liters for everything when it comes to application rates. Would also be nice to have Phosphorous and Potassium levels.
ScotsDude73

Re: Precision Farming is not very precise

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Reason for litres is because its a universal measurement. Some people want bushels as a measurement for crops.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:55 am Reason for litres is because its a universal measurement. Some people want bushels as a measurement for crops.
i think Giants could of added settings for stuff like that after all they added others like mph and acres so why not add stuff like bushels and such.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

If you’re on pc there’s a mod called unit convert lite by a modder called ThundR you can find a link their Facebook page
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

ace54858 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:12 am
ScotsDude73 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:55 am Reason for litres is because its a universal measurement. Some people want bushels as a measurement for crops.
i think Giants could of added settings for stuff like that after all they added others like mph and acres so why not add stuff like bushels and such.
It's because they do things half way, always have, probably always will. Must be too many shiny objects in their office.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

CoreyTr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:35 am
It's because they do things half way, always have, probably always will. Must be too many shiny objects in their office.
Because as ScottDude pointed out it's a universal measurement and can be used for all items in the game. Corn measure in bushels, Strawberry's and stuff are measured in pints and quarts, like most stuff in the US. Milk Pints, Gallons and so on. Oh and don't forget Peck's, and Gill's.
The metric system while not popular does provide a nice standard of measurement.
And for easy conversion a Bushel of corn contains 35.2 L of Corn.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

deerefarm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Because as ScottDude pointed out it's a universal measurement and can be used for all items in the game. Corn measure in bushels, Strawberry's and stuff are measured in pints and quarts, like most stuff in the US. Milk Pints, Gallons and so on. Oh and don't forget Peck's, and Gill's.
The metric system while not popular does provide a nice standard of measurement.
Yes I agree. I was referring to the inclusion of "mph", but not pounds, pints, yards and so on. They provide a couple imperial measurements, but not all.
raran

Post by raran »

CoreyTr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:10 pm
deerefarm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Yes I agree. I was referring to the inclusion of "mph", but not pounds, pints, yards and so on. They provide a couple imperial measurements, but not all.
You'll have to play the waiting game. Before you know there will be US maps where the modders puts in bushels etc. It happenend in 19 and will in 22.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No pc users just use the mod unit lite convert by thundr which that mod is available now.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.