Dairy farm

KiwiBoi29

Dairy farm

Post by KiwiBoi29 »

What does everyone think of getting rid of the animal sheds that hold the different types of animals cows cheep horses ect and turning into a proper open far build paddocks fences gates add a proper milking shed with milking cups white boards that tell you witch cows need to be milked witch paddocks need to be fertilised ect let the sheep and horses roam free in a paddock bring in a putcher shop that you or someone else can sell there animals to be butcherd and if you want to be the butcher be allowed to kill and butcher the cows sheep pigs that come in then sell the meat in your shop 🤔
Rasping rabbit

Re: Dairy farm

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The paddock idea is good, I doubt the more complicated milking system will ever happen but could be wrong and I would say pretty surely that the butchers will never be implemented.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Yeah butchers will never be added to either a map submitted to Giants or a placeable slaughterhouse for that matter. Saying that I might have seen a Slaughterhouse on an older version of Old Streams Farm. Yeah animal rights activists would have a field day over that one say its cruelty to animals even if the animals are digital. Yet parents allow children to play games full of gore and violence and obscene language. We all know where the meat comes from, but its whats appropriate to show in a farming game. In this day and age children need to learn how food is produced and how it is processed. You ask a child a question where does you parents get there food from and usually they would say oh mum and dad get our food from the store. The question is answered yes, but where does the store get it from and how does it get to the store. Children from an early age need to learn that certain foods they eat come from farms and meat comes from animals. To me that comes from good parenting and no I am not telling parents how they should raise their own children. All I am saying is teaching children about food is a good experience both for the child and the parents. Human beings have been eating meat since human beings learned to hunt with spears and bows and arrows. Now certain groups are condeming farmers for raising cattle for slaughter because the refuse to eat meat themselves or even eat diary products because their belief is that it is cruelty to animals and the fact of the matter is that farmers raise livestock to provide food for people and at the same time earn a living for to support their family. Probably farming has been in their family for generations. While animals are in the care of a farmer they are fed and cared for and treated with the upmost respect. People have the right to choose what they buy and eat. Other people do not have the right to choose what you buy and eat. Sadly that is not the world we live in these days.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

It all affects the ESRB and PEGI ratings though it’s been a discussion since grapes were added there can’t be any meat or wine because it would lose the rating. As for dairies I’ve been harping about this for ages and I now think that because of the current situation with climate change and so on levelling squarely at dairy and cattle operations it’s too touchy a subject to make too much publicity lest it draw the ire from certain quarters. Hence the overzealous preaching of Precision Farming and the ridiculous “score”.

Incidentally, this is a microcosm for a real world discussion ongoing around carbon credits so I totally understand Giants quandary
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Wasn't the problem with PETA and slaughterhouses that if it were implemented, it should show animal slaughter in detail and realistic, and if Giants were to do that, they would loose the PEGI rating?
Please correct me if I remember incorrectly.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Hoffa82 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:32 am Wasn't the problem with PETA and slaughterhouses that if it were implemented, it should show animal slaughter in detail and realistic, and if Giants were to do that, they would loose the PEGI rating?
Please correct me if I remember incorrectly.
Yes, they didn’t want people thinking that the cows just wandered into a slaughterhouse, went to sleep and magically turned into burgers.

Also I believe they wanted the all sides highlighted, good or bad. I think it was just too much to even bother trying to do when they could solve it just by selling animals back to the animal dealer.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m pretty sure it’s just about the esrb and pegi. I’m also pretty sure not to many people care what peta has to say and I sure hope they didn’t change giants plans much if any. Unless you folks in Europe put more credence in what they have to say because rurally in the states they’re looked at as a bit of a joke.
raran

Post by raran »

Mwal wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:11 pm I’m pretty sure it’s just about the esrb and pegi. I’m also pretty sure not to many people care what peta has to say and I sure hope they didn’t change giants plans much if any. Unless you folks in Europe put more credence in what they have to say because rurally in the states they’re looked at as a bit of a joke.
Peta sometimes show their *ahum* upper body parts as part of their protests, that's not pegi either is it? :lol:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Mwal wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:11 pm I’m pretty sure it’s just about the esrb and pegi. I’m also pretty sure not to many people care what peta has to say and I sure hope they didn’t change giants plans much if any. Unless you folks in Europe put more credence in what they have to say because rurally in the states they’re looked at as a bit of a joke.
I can see why the ratings would possible stop the inclusion of alcohol or including hemp or tobacco as a crop for example, but I can’t see why they would be bothered if one of the production chains was called a butcher that produced sausages when you drop off pigs.

I have no idea what credence they would give to organisations like PETA but I can see a small company (especially the size they were back then) wanting to avoid the kind of negative publicity that they could create. Easy and safe option from a business point of view is to just avoid the chance of it happening, especially when it’s as simple as just having animals ‘retire’ to the animal dealer.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

People eating tasty animals? They’re a joke. :lol:
If I remember right they’ve had some uh… …interesting events regarding their own treatment of animals and their lives. :sadnew:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Orange Tiger NL

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

Do you mean something like this?

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:19 pm
I can see why the ratings would possible stop the inclusion of alcohol or including hemp or tobacco as a crop for example, but I can’t see why they would be bothered if one of the production chains was called a butcher that produced sausages when you drop off pigs.

I have no idea what credence they would give to organisations like PETA but I can see a small company (especially the size they were back then) wanting to avoid the kind of negative publicity that they could create. Easy and safe option from a business point of view is to just avoid the chance of it happening, especially when it’s as simple as just having animals ‘retire’ to the animal dealer.
I’m not sure why it matters either but there’s been rumblings of not being able to keep rating as the reason why. But kids handle things differently as well, especially ones from non agricultural backgrounds so I can at least respect the idea behind it. As for peta, I’m guessing that would have been good publicity as there’s probably more people who would play the game that take issue with peta than potential customers that stand with them. It’s like selling mega death albums at church, it’s a bad business venture
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Well it has been done before on Hof Bergman map...you could see your pigs corpses chopped up by a bloody butcher. Even baby pigs. (tears running down face)
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

One would think the addition of production chains would be the perfect opportunity for Giants to add a slaughterhouse, and someplace to sell the processed meat, like a butcher shop. Many people have asked for those, and they never get included.

Other people like to make excuses for Giants and say it's because of their PEGI 3 rating, or because of PETA, but that's just hogwash :mrgreen:
People even like to say Giants doesn't add Hemp because of their PEGI 3 rating, and that's just bull *thumbsup*

Cross your fingers, and maybe someday this farming simulator will get closer to simulating a farm.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Well PEGI 3 is the reason why certain things will not be added. For instance wine production or even a brewery because these are normally alcoholic drinks which will never be included because Giants never want to influence young children with alcohol. Hemp will never be allowed on either a Giant's map or a modded map that is submitted for the mod hub because hemp is used a a drug, but there are other uses for hemp. Another crop that I have seen on 3rd party maps of course not on the mod hub is tobacco. Again this will never be added because of how children could be influenced by having such a crop in the game. Other people like to make excuses for Giants??? I totally disagree. To my understanding people have a pretty good knowledge why certain things will not be added. All a person has to do is apply some common and sense and logic to the questions being asked. I think the PEGI 3 explains it clearly. A game that is recommended for all age groups.