Nitrogen not working, Maypole farm, PS5

Cyrus1952

Nitrogen not working, Maypole farm, PS5

Post by Cyrus1952 »

120 hours in on Maypole farm, PS5, precision on, was working fine(on one day month, no seasons, but changing the month visual). Now, 2 fields show, on precision, 100% nitrogen. Walk into field, states nitrogen bad, 0%. Won't take any fertilizer. Other field shows needs fertilizer on both precision and in field, so try to fertilize. Can hear the fertilizer working, but nothing coming out and field still 0%. So, turned precision off, fertilized that field, turned precision back on, same numbers as before. All other number show up ok, lime 100%, and completed, just nitrogen is not working. OK, so now one more weird thing just happened. Figure just keep playing at this point. Bought next field, showing Oats ready to harvest. Get the Harvester, drive to field(all of this done with nothing in between) and the field is harvested. Never had this happen before. Don't know if a mod is causing this, but strange happenings.
Orange Tiger NL

Re: Nitrogen not working, Maypole farm, PS5

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

Nitrogen only adjusts after harvesting.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Orange Tiger NL wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:01 pm Nitrogen only adjusts after harvesting.
No, that's not how it works at all. Unless it's specifically for that map
Playing on PC and PS4
Orange Tiger NL

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:10 pm
Orange Tiger NL wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:01 pm Nitrogen only adjusts after harvesting.
No, that's not how it works at all. Unless it's specifically for that map
That's the information that is spread around on this forum.....
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

If you are talking about the environmental score for the field, then the nitrogen will only update after you harvest. If you are talking about the figure that shows in the field info pop up, that updates instantly.

Out of curiosity, which crops do you have planted on those fields?
Cyrus1952

Post by Cyrus1952 »

Wheat was in the field. So, I got to point to harvest the wheat. Did so, then limed and planted, changed to barley. Again, precision farming showing everything good(which it shouldn't at this point, walk in field no nitrogen. Try to spread fertilizer, nothing. Forgot to mention before, when I look at precision farming map, shows lime % and colors on map. When I go to nitrogen, all fields are brown, mine and entire map. So, something is definitely wrong. I guess I have a mod that is messing with nitrogen, though that seems strange. But nitrogen is the only thing that is effected, very strange.
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

I had issue’s with nitrogen after the PF mod got an update last week, on the patch notes it mentions something to do with nitrogen so I’m guessing that’s the reason fields have been acting funny.
Mine resolved after harvesting, i was able use nitrogen after cultivating and seeding etc like normal again.
Hope yours resolves :-)
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
kristianaasheim

Post by kristianaasheim »

Hi. I have the exact same problem. We have tried everything from plowing. buying new soil info etc etc etc. Nothing works. This must be a bug since not everyone seems to get this problem. The coloration in the " nitro " map is the same as you have.

As of now I don't have a solution. We are testing that removing and then adding PF on the server will fix it. I guess it can be a problem with a mod.

Do you use any mods that change soil or anything?

We are on standard Elmcreek map.
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

Cyrus1952 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:40 pm ... Walk into field, states nitrogen bad, 0%. Won't take any fertilizer. Other field shows needs fertilizer on both precision and in field ...
It happened to me on The Western Wilds map. The PF completely broken. We can hope the devs knows about this bug and fix it asap.
kristianaasheim

As I said earlier in the tread we had the same problem. We managed to fix it by removing PF and saving the game, then stopping the server and adding PF back. This seems to fix all the problems. You do have to buy new soil samples if you do this. Also if you use an RTK station/hanger they will be removed and stay gone even when you add PF back. Same as with the See and spray spot sprayer from JD.
dc71295

Post by dc71295 »

I’m on PS5 and having the same issues on my NoMansLand save. I noticed the issue came about when I sold a piece of land that didn’t even have a created field on it. When I sold the land it erased all the color from my nitrogen levels page, essentially put all field at 0 nitrogen. The fields still say perfect nitrogen so I can’t apply any. I have harvested, plowed and planted…no change! I tried to take samples again hoping that would reset everything, no luck! I even tried to delete the fields with the construction tool and plow them in again and it still won’t work. It only works correctly if I plow a spot that has never been plowed before, works like it should then. Hopefully an update can fix it, I have nearly 500hrs on this save and would like to continue to use PF on it.

So if you are playing on NML and use PF, don’t sell any plots of land!!
Krjc

Post by Krjc »

I am on PC and get the same problem on the Frühling map. After selling a plot of land the nitrogen levels page were blank on areas were the nitrogen levels were high and were green where nitrogen levels were low. I cannot apply fertiliser or slurry anymore. So do not sell land when using PF- at least not on the Frühling map.
kristianaasheim

dc71295 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:21 pm I’m on PS5 and having the same issues on my NoMansLand save. I noticed the issue came about when I sold a piece of land that didn’t even have a created field on it. When I sold the land it erased all the color from my nitrogen levels page, essentially put all field at 0 nitrogen. The fields still say perfect nitrogen so I can’t apply any. I have harvested, plowed and planted…no change! I tried to take samples again hoping that would reset everything, no luck! I even tried to delete the fields with the construction tool and plow them in again and it still won’t work. It only works correctly if I plow a spot that has never been plowed before, works like it should then. Hopefully an update can fix it, I have nearly 500hrs on this save and would like to continue to use PF on it.

So if you are playing on NML and use PF, don’t sell any plots of land!!
I also had a problem that I earlier said was corrected. To my disbelief, we had the same problem yet again today. Read your comment and remembered. I just did this on our server ( rented server with normal Elmcreek on ) Plowed a field with grass to let the NPC run it as they " want " Instead of being locked to grass. I plowed and sold it. Did a new test now with a roll back to before I did this and it works fine now.

GIANTS. There is a bug and plz test it to confirm and release a bugfix <3
kristianaasheim

UPDATE 3!

After getting the bug back I tested with and without mods.
Results:
If you play with PF turned on and sell a pice of land, your Nitro level will be **** and will not return to normal. The Nitro map in PF will also look distorted and wrong. Your field may show a number greater then it is but still register as perfect. They can also show as 0 and either bad or perfect. If 0, you cant get nitro / fert back on your field. No matter if you plow and " restart " your field. Your only option is to remove PF and get back in the game. then save the game and ad PF again. Downside is your RTK stations are gone. same with the JD sprayer and other PF only stuff. You also need to re buy your soil samples.

This is a bug that GIANTS need to fix ASAP.
DEVILSHARD

Post by DEVILSHARD »

FYI this is the same issue I'm having on the Xbox as well with any farmland I've came across only works for first time field production. Then after that it doesn't matter what you do it doesn't work. So I believe something with the update messed up PF which I love using. And it's just horrible it needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP. Because I know I'm not the only one who enjoys it. Also I have been playing with PF off temporarily and until they fix it that's how you can get your yields.

So don't feel alone