Precision farming nitrogen chart for crops

RODHA

Precision farming nitrogen chart for crops

Post by RODHA »

There was a nitrogen chart for crops on precision farming in FS19. If I’m not mistaken it was prepped by Gb modding. I always used it back then and it kinda worked for release version of the precision farming in FS22.

However, I think Giants have changed the nitrogen values with the 1.5 update.

Does anybody have the latest version of that chart? Because I’m getting tired of over fertilizing my fileds.

Any kind of help would really be much appreciated :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Rasping rabbit

Re: Precision farming nitrogen chart for crops

Post by Rasping rabbit »

How are you over fertilising your fields? It’s applied automatically at the correct amount for crop/soil type.

I haven’t seen the chat you refer to though I am afraid.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Chemical fertilizer application rate is automatic based on the crop and the soil type.
Manure/slurry application rate is automatic based only on the soil type.
Hence, when you apply slurry or manure right after the harvest you apply it with an automatic rate based on the soil type. After that you put the crop. But the crop might require less nitrogen on that specific soil type then you put into the soil with manure or slurry. That’s how you can over fertilize if you don’t know the specific amounts for each crop on each soil type.
PS5 / FS22
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

RODHA wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:08 pm Chemical fertilizer application rate is automatic based on the crop and the soil type.
Hence, when you apply slurry or manure right after the harvest you apply it with an automatic rate based on the soil type. After that you put the crop. But the crop might require less nitrogen on that specific soil type then you put into the soil with manure or slurry. That’s how you can over fertilize if you don’t know the specific amounts for each crop on each soil type.
Fair point, I have only really noticed that with soybeans so I just don’t manure fields I am going to use with that crop. I generally only use crops you can plant with seeders though so can’t comment really on other types.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Normally, not using manure or slurry would also be my choise as a solution but with the PF if you don't use them, your enviromental score drops down. Kind of one affecting the other. I hope there is an updated chart around.
PS5 / FS22
raran

Post by raran »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:16 pm
RODHA wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:08 pm Chemical fertilizer application rate is automatic based on the crop and the soil type.
Fair point, I have only really noticed that with soybeans so I just don’t manure fields I am going to use with that crop. I generally only use crops you can plant with seeders though so can’t comment really on other types.
Soybeans are neutral to nitrogen in precision farming so that is why you notice a difference.
raran

Post by raran »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX3l4DYjtoE

This kind of explains the basics with actual values.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Hi all.
I created this chart for the default values of PF for the current version.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Eische wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:21 am Hi all.
I created this chart for the default values of PF for the current version.
This is brilliant mate. Thank you very much :hi:
PS5 / FS22
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Whats Meadow???
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:58 am Whats Meadow???
I believe it is the grass with the decorative flowers in it not the grass you can plant. Once cut it accepts fert on it now which I don't believe it did in previous games.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Meadow and seeded grass are different. If I'm not mistaken meadow is the grassland put in by the map maker. Those lands couldn't be fertilized or limed in FS19 but they can be in FS22. On the other hand seeded grass is what it says on the tin. If you seed an arable field with grass you get that and it is the most yielding grass in the game depending on how well you worked the field.
PS5 / FS22
raran

Post by raran »

RODHA wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:51 am Meadow and seeded grass are different. If I'm not mistaken meadow is the grassland put in by the map maker. Those lands couldn't be fertilized or limed in FS19 but they can be in FS22. On the other hand seeded grass is what it says on the tin. If you seed an arable field with grass you get that and it is the most yielding grass in the game depending on how well you worked the field.
And to add to that, it doesn't make a difference if you cut grass in the first or second stage. The yearly yield for both is pretty much the same. The most efficient way is to wait for the second cut to spare on fuel and machinewear and workercosts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOuM793e98&t=246s
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

raran wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:21 am
RODHA wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:51 am Meadow and seeded grass are different. If I'm not mistaken meadow is the grassland put in by the map maker. Those lands couldn't be fertilized or limed in FS19 but they can be in FS22. On the other hand seeded grass is what it says on the tin. If you seed an arable field with grass you get that and it is the most yielding grass in the game depending on how well you worked the field.
And to add to that, it doesn't make a difference if you cut grass in the first or second stage. The yearly yield for both is pretty much the same. The most efficient way is to wait for the second cut to spare on fuel and machinewear and workercosts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOuM793e98&t=246s
Aaaa... I knew that the second "ready to harvest" stage yields more than the first stage but I hadn't thought that the total yield would identical or similar in a whole year. Thanks for the tip mate :hi:
PS5 / FS22
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Ok thanks