Key binds reseting

bossmanslim

Key binds reseting

Post by bossmanslim »

Any ETA on when Giants is going to fix key bindings resetting every time a mod is downloaded?
Drmattymd

Re: Key binds reseting

Post by Drmattymd »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:11 pm Any ETA on when Giants is going to fix key bindings resetting every time a mod is downloaded?
Have you tried restarting the game after downloading new mods? That seems to be the fix.
Playing on PC and PS4
JauchenPaule

Post by JauchenPaule »

Stegei wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:25 pm ...There indeed was a bug that input bindings could get lost when downloading a new mod without restarting the game. This will be fixed with one of the upcoming patches (not with the one that will be released soon with the AGI dlc though, but most likely around the Kubota DLC release).
viewtopic.php?p=1509995#p1509995
jereslaton

Post by jereslaton »

JauchenPaule wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:34 pm
Stegei wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:25 pm ...There indeed was a bug that input bindings could get lost when downloading a new mod without restarting the game. This will be fixed with one of the upcoming patches (not with the one that will be released soon with the AGI dlc though, but most likely around the Kubota DLC release).
viewtopic.php?p=1509995#p1509995
That worked thanks for the help
all wordle unlimited word lists
Kc-Trouble

Post by Kc-Trouble »

what file(s are the lists of bindings in both fs17 and fs22? I did a reset and both mouse and heavy equip. side panel in 22 was lost. when I thought It was going to only rest the screen I was in.
I have both 19 and 22 I was lucky I didn't do 19. ! need 22 to run same keybindings as 19 I need to printout both games to compare and highlight the differences to fix 22 can anyone tell me where and file names if different?
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:11 pm Any ETA on when Giants is going to fix key bindings resetting every time a mod is downloaded?
Probably/hopefully patch 1.6. So 28th of june.
Kc-Trouble

Post by Kc-Trouble »

to giants pro's why does the reset do everything in all sub menus instead of only the section their in/ I'm now all screwed up because it wiped out 80% or more of my bindings in mods that was installed in including the one I did not modified and came with the mods I installed, and do I need to
uninstall and install back in to get them keybindings back? not nice if I do, some was (most was default)
Kc-Trouble

Post by Kc-Trouble »

The game has been restarted I mad a change and in the keybindings that was working then stopped I changed the return(button in red ring (select button) on G29 wheel to start and stop engine, and programmed the +/- to change radio stations I added 8 or 9 web addresses that worked a couple of days so I did a reset. BIG mistake. (I should have went down and cleared those 2 lines and restarted the game to trouble shoot if that was a conflect )it wiped all the keybindings for all the mods I have/had. to changed back, instead it wiped 40+% of all keybindings the fs19 all work great. so I need to printout the files to compare which one I need to reassign in 22 from 19 between my inability to remember between the 2 menus I need a hard copy to set side by side and highlight to 19 to know what all the keybindings there are and replace those in 22. like I said i never should have used that reset option because it made a mess of the keybindings (dummy me)
been playing 19 for 2 or 3 yrs. never had this happen

I also bought the g shifter never could/can get that to work or the clutch pedal to work so I'm clutch using auto shift and manual switch direction rather then clutch/shifter
between bad eyes and age i can not read small print
\
I hope this clears up my cluster f. I did. before I did this I was blaming it on me now it looks like it's all part of the missing keybindings I pray I can get a little help with this for an old fool like me
Kc-Trouble

Post by Kc-Trouble »

I do want to once again say I am sorry for posting in wrong area, and for not clearing up in full my questions, my only excuse (which is not) is I do not use social media for anything and thinking we all use same terminology
around the world. I sorly didn't think of that. thank you for your time and in hopes I get the answers I need
Kc-Trouble

bad bussiness

Post by Kc-Trouble »

to all, I suggest not to buy fs22 collectors edition from best buy. mine was damaged in the unopened case scratched in shipping ups or best buy after they sent me a label (return) 2 weeks later sent it back saying they will not help for a exchange saying it was end sale item. after they said they would I have the one they sent me unopened and I told them to never send me anything a gain and to remove me from their Mailing LIST
and I've blocked them from sending me email.
they lied 3 times 1st by not telling me it is a as is sale, 2nd when they sent me a return shipper label 3rd on the phone saying I could not get a extended warranty because it was a collectible when in fact because it was as-is sale, good luck if you do guys
Kc-Trouble

Post by Kc-Trouble »

so due to the lack of response there are no Keybinding file I can print out?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Kc-Trouble wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:47 am so due to the lack of response there are no Keybinding file I can print out?
On Windows, the keybindings file is typically in ...
C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\inputBinding.xml

For FS19, change the red bit.

If you rename your existing "inputBinding.xml" file and then run FS22 it will give you a clean default file.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads