Bush killing mowing mod?

BoxTunnel

Bush killing mowing mod?

Post by BoxTunnel »

There was a mod on FS19 that removed all the bushes/shrubs as you mowed but I can't think what it was called.

Is there a similar mod for FS22? I've searched the Modhub with every variation of mow/bush/shrub that I can think of but haven't found anything like it. The John Deere batwing mower used to do it but it seems the FS22 version doesn't (or, quite probably, I've missed something!)
Rasping rabbit

Re: Bush killing mowing mod?

Post by Rasping rabbit »

BoxTunnel wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:47 am There was a mod on FS19 that removed all the bushes/shrubs as you mowed but I can't think what it was called.

Is there a similar mod for FS22? I've searched the Modhub with every variation of mow/bush/shrub that I can think of but haven't found anything like it. The John Deere batwing mower used to do it but it seems the FS22 version doesn't (or, quite probably, I've missed something!)
If you are talking about the little bushes growing in fields etc you may be able to remove them with the landscaping tools, a lot of them can be painted over.

Other than that I have no idea if there is a mod for it. Are you on pc or console?
raran

Post by raran »

No that mod is not out yet. What rabbit said, tecture and then paint grass over them to get rid of them.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BoxTunnel wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:47 am There was a mod on FS19 that removed all the bushes/shrubs as you mowed but I can't think what it was called.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=172098
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

I made a branch of my grass mowing mod that does the same thing. I'm waiting to see what happens with Real Mower for 22, and will maybe add some animations too before I think about submitting it to ModHub, but it is there for now if you want to use it.

https://github.com/loki79uk/FS22_GrassM ... ush-Mowing
empato

Post by empato »

Is this a map related thing? I`m on Elkmountain Wyoming, and if I mow the meadow grass beside my fields, the bushes are gone.

Don`t need a separate Mod for that.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

You can always replace bushes with the landscaping/painting tools. You can paint in a texture or replace the bushes with plants.
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

The base-game Prinoth has been recently modified for all platforms - does exactly what you want: the 3-point-mounted mulcher that comes with it has the tillage function switchable, so you can mount it on any tractor strong enough. It mulches all vegetation including bushes - which is its trick up the sleeve - and if you activate tillage, it plows up the patch. Using it on a modded Valtra currently, works like a charm.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

empato wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:23 am Is this a map related thing? I`m on Elkmountain Wyoming, and if I mow the meadow grass beside my fields, the bushes are gone.

Indeed it is.

Code: Select all

<!-- add all foliage layers that are not fruits. You need to define these foliage layers to be able to remove them with a cultivator or plow -->
    <decoFoliages>
        <decoFoliage layerName="decoFoliage" startChannel="0" numChannels="4" mowable="true"/>
        <decoFoliage layerName="decoForest" startChannel="0" numChannels="4" mowable="true"/>
        <decoFoliage layerName="decoBush" startChannel="0" numChannels="4" mowable="true"/>

<mapping name="grassShort" layerName="decoFoliage" state="9" />
    </decoFoliages>
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

loki_79 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:19 am I made a branch of my grass mowing mod that does the same thing. I'm waiting to see what happens with Real Mower for 22, and will maybe add some animations too before I think about submitting it to ModHub, but it is there for now if you want to use it.

Great, I'll give it a go, thank you.
raran

Post by raran »

strauts6 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 pm
empato wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:23 am Is this a map related thing? I`m on Elkmountain Wyoming, and if I mow the meadow grass beside my fields, the bushes are gone.

Indeed it is.

<!-- add all foliage layers that are not fruits. You need to define these foliage layers to be able to remove them with a cultivator or plow -->
    <decoFoliages>
        <decoFoliage layerName="decoFoliage" startChannel="0" numChannels="4" mowable="true"/>
        <decoFoliage layerName="decoForest" startChannel="0" numChannels="4" mowable="true"/>
        <decoFoliage layerName="decoBush" startChannel="0" numChannels="4" mowable="true"/>

</decoFoliages>
This is in the map.xml right?
Raisenki

Post by Raisenki »

raran wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:47 am

Indeed it is.

<decoFoliages>

</decoFoliages>
I am looking for a solution too for cutting the bush's and weeds too but it would be in the western wilds map.xml that you would have to unpack the map zip just to get to its map xml
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

loki_79 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:19 am I made a branch of my grass mowing mod that does the same thing. I'm waiting to see what happens with Real Mower for 22, and will maybe add some animations too before I think about submitting it to ModHub, but it is there for now if you want to use it.

Works perfectly mate, love it, thank you very much.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Raisenki wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:58 pm
raran wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:47 am

Indeed it is.

<decoFoliages>

</decoFoliages>
I am looking for a solution too for cutting the bush's and weeds too but it would be in the western wilds map.xml that you would have to unpack the map zip just to get to its map xml
Loki's post above solved it for me, as I am also on the Western Wilds. My mower now removes bushes and weeds and no messing around in XML files.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

loki_79 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:19 am
Thanx for the mod, well done *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD