mod tractors do not shifting

dirt88

mod tractors do not shifting

Post by dirt88 »

anyone else having trouble with specific mod tractors not going faster the 6mph i.e.Fiatagri 180-90,Case IH Traction King, and 1120 Series
Crashmac

Re: mod tractors do not shifting

Post by Crashmac »

Yes I've noticed it with the Traction king, I hope it gets fixed in an update. I love the tractor but don't use it much because of that
lawm

Post by lawm »

What platform you all on?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

It’s a weird bug I have noticed on certain tractors, usually when pulling implements. It seems that the gearbox gets stuck in the wrong ratio box and can’t change past a certain gear. For example if you stop driving in a high ratio box, it will start again in the same box and doesn’t seem to have the power to gear up. If it starts in a lower ratio box it works fine. I found a quick fix if it happens is to ‘flick’ into reverse for a second before you drive off.

No idea if it’s a mod issue or a game issue though. Also it seems to only happen with certain attachments, the base game ‘small’ roller seems to be one of them.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Well if that works at least they are not completely helpless. Glad you posted that
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

lawm wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:32 am Well if that works at least they are not completely helpless. Glad you posted that
No worries. You can understand why some bugs are hard to find and fix when they only happen under certain circumstances. It happening with the roller is an odd one, as I noticed on one tractor it only happened if the roller was folded. As soon as I hit the unfold button the tractor would speed up and stay ‘fixed’ even if i immediately hit ‘fold’ again. 🤷‍♂️
lawm

Post by lawm »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:26 am
lawm wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:32 am Well if that works at least they are not completely helpless. Glad you posted that
No worries. You can understand why some bugs are hard to find and fix when they only happen under certain circumstances. It happening with the roller is an odd one, as I noticed on one tractor it only happened if the roller was folded. As soon as I hit the unfold button the tractor would speed up and stay ‘fixed’ even if i immediately hit ‘fold’ again. 🤷‍♂️
Makes sense. I've just assumed some implements weights were extremely heavy and harder to pull sometimes. One was a modded roller. I had plenty of power by what the roller called for, but it moved extremely slow. But that's been way before the past 2 patches and I have yet to try it out since. That's like tonight I thought a new mod messed something with sound files only to realize my headphones must be going out. Sounds fine on the TV lol. This is why I shy away from PCs. Consoles it either works or Giants or the modder fixes it lol.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Or you can just change gear, the shift buttons (numpad +/- and 7/9) still works even if it is in auto shift.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

I installed the JohnDeere 7810 mod recently for a gawk and I noticed it wouldn't go over 27kph for some reason, didn't make any difference if the gearbox was selected to manual or auto and I didn't have anything attached to the back, I had no interest in looking to see if another mod was causing this because i won't be using that tractor and it hasn't happened on any other one, well not yet anyway lol
lawm

Post by lawm »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:51 pm I installed the JohnDeere 7810 mod recently for a gawk and I noticed it wouldn't go over 27kph for some reason, didn't make any difference if the gearbox was selected to manual or auto and I didn't have anything attached to the back, I had no interest in looking to see if another mod was causing this because i won't be using that tractor and it hasn't happened on any other one, well not yet anyway lol
The jhhg mod?
lawm

Post by lawm »

Oh ok, you said 7810 and I got concerned being that I was planning on getting a 7810. This mod in link is 7010, still stinks we have this issue
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:15 am It’s a weird bug I have noticed on certain tractors, usually when pulling implements. It seems that the gearbox gets stuck in the wrong ratio box and can’t change past a certain gear. For example if you stop driving in a high ratio box, it will start again in the same box and doesn’t seem to have the power to gear up. If it starts in a lower ratio box it works fine. I found a quick fix if it happens is to ‘flick’ into reverse for a second before you drive off.

No idea if it’s a mod issue or a game issue though. Also it seems to only happen with certain attachments, the base game ‘small’ roller seems to be one of them.
Thank you *thumbsup*
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

It was happening on Xbox for me, sometimes switching from in cab to exterior view will fix it for a bit too but eventually it always starts doing it again. It gets stuck in a lower gear and won't upshift manual or auto. It still works just maxed out around 11kmh for me.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Crashmac wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:25 pm It was happening on Xbox for me, sometimes switching from in cab to exterior view will fix it for a bit too but eventually it always starts doing it again. It gets stuck in a lower gear and won't upshift manual or auto. It still works just maxed out around 11kmh for me.
Hit reverse for a second before driving, this has fixed it for me.