Precision Farming Fertilizer

bossmanslim

Precision Farming Fertilizer

Post by bossmanslim »

I have a field that has lost all it's fertilizer mapping with precision farming.

Field was soil sampled, fert showed up
Field was planted into wheat, fert showed up and was consumed
I resampled a section of the field at this time and nothing changed
Field now shows as completely blank and cannot be fertilized
After harvesting a section, field still shows as blank
Planting the harvested section also will not change the fertilizer status.

I have a grass field that is acting odd as well. My suspicion is that is something to do with the map (Hobo's Hollow).

Anyone else seeing similar issues?
johnlinden

Re: Precision Farming Fertilizer

Post by johnlinden »

Yes, on Greenlands. I also know Fox farms is the same as you described. Too bad, happy farming.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Does the community think this is a map thing or a precision farming thing?
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Based on the fact that other modded maps seem to be working fine, I would have to say it's a map thing and not a problem with the DLC. But I guess only time will tell and we'll have to see if more maps report the same problems as they are released. Hopefully though newer maps are being made with precision farming in mind.

I'm also a bit surprised though, speaking of precision farming that modders haven't updated some of their tractor mods to be able to use the Isaria Compact sensor. I guess they figure that since so many of them have 3 point linkage you can just use the pro version.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Fabristunt

Post by Fabristunt »

Same problem here on Old Stream Farm, but I found topics from january 2021 about the same issue, which was later fixed by Giants.
Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Edit: topics like this one. viewtopic.php?f=963&t=175592&p=1360851& ... g#p1360851
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

I had the same issue on Western Wilds. The only fix was disabling PF, opening the savegame, saving it, exiting out, re-enabling PF, and resampling my fields. I'm not quite to harvest yet since that happened so I'll be intersted to see if it happens for the 2nd year in a row.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
raran

Post by raran »

PF seems to glitch whenever you either buy or sell a field. I'm having the same problem on my hof bergmann map.
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

My nitrogen (fertilizer) stage is playing up on No Mans Land.. I thought i fixed it the other week as it worked after harvesting the crop but have noticed it’s gone funny again! Really annoying as it obviously losing yield! Hopefully it’ll get fixed soon 🤞🏼
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
DistaGames

Post by DistaGames »

I think that it is an issue with precision farming as a whole. I am playing on Elmcreek and i have the same problems with nitrogen not showing up or completely not working on the majority of my fields. Specifically after buying or selling fields the nitrogen mapping gets all screwy and either won't update or disappears entirely. I have tried rescanning fields and purchasing soil info, but it usually only fixes one problem while creating two more.
alexgreen12

Post by alexgreen12 »

I think Precision Farming Fertilizer is still a new technology that uses information technology (IT) to ensure that crops and soil receive exactly what they need for optimum health and productivity. But sometimes it backfires and ruins all the crop. So its better to use organic fertilizer for crop growth without worrying about the overuse of fertilizers.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I have kind of the opposite prob- bought a field that had soybeans, and harvested. Mulched, applied slurry with the sensor, then planted suns with the 1775NT and liquid fert, and the display said it was adjusting to the correct nitro for suns on [soil type]. But now the field shows as overfertilized (Nitrogen 220- BAD) (Frankenmuth map, unmodified field; I have not expanded the field or combined it with another)
Old fat guy with a day job...
dc71295

Post by dc71295 »

1.6 update fixed the nitrogen bug from selling land for me. All my fields have normal nitrogen readings now.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

alexgreen12 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:34 pm I think Precision Farming Fertilizer is still a new technology that uses information technology (IT) to ensure that crops and soil receive exactly what they need for optimum health and productivity. But sometimes it backfires and ruins all the crop. So its better to use organic fertilizer for crop growth without worrying about the overuse of fertilizers.
Precision farming is older than most the people on this forum, and I hate to break the news to ya but pounding nitrogen from cow **** into rivers, streams, and lakes, ain’t much different than from fertilizer. At least when you factor in precision farming there’s some controls in place.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

alexgreen12 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:34 pm I think Precision Farming Fertilizer is still a new technology that uses information technology (IT) to ensure that crops and soil receive exactly what they need for optimum health and productivity. But sometimes it backfires and ruins all the crop. So its better to use organic fertilizer for crop growth without worrying about the overuse of fertilizers.
It has been around at least since the 80s. Also it works with both fertilizers whether it is organic or synthetic. It is about getting the right amount not just hauling poop where ever you feel like. It is also about planting the correct spacing using rtx or other GPS signals. It is about getting the most done in the shortest amount of time. No idea where you got some backward ideas about it and the use of synthetic fertilizer.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.