descent rain in game

CoreyTr

Re: descent rain in game

Post by CoreyTr »

Dezza69 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:34 am
CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:28 pm My released games don't require rain or terrain deforming. I am experienced with the Unity engine, and working on a game now, that still doesn't use rain or terrain deformation.
I can see you're trying to dig in and throw shade my way, but I don't get insulted easily. I know my accomplishments.
And, it doesn't take an experienced eye to see the many things in FS look and feel dated.
I don't know why you folks get so defensive when somebody mentions that. Do you feel responsible in some way?

... how convenient.

I'm not trying to insult you.

And I'm not affiliated with Giants and I'm not getting all "defensive". Just after reading all the talk you've been talking I'd love to critique your work in the same ways you're critiquing others.

What are (edit: "your") games called??

Also - they're free too, correct??
I'm not about to reveal the games. Knowing how childish some people are here, I suspect they'd give negative reviews out of spite.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

C’mon Corey!

I officially beta test for a couple of large software companies, I’m not going to “review” your games.

I’m wanting to critique them and offer similar advice to the free advice you’ve been offering others.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Dezza69 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:52 am C’mon Corey!

I officially beta test for a couple of large software companies, I’m not going to “review” your games.

I’m wanting to critique them and offer similar advice to the free advice you’ve been offering others.
What free advice are you referring to in the bold text? I'm interested to know what you consider advice.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CoreyTr wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:32 pm I'm interested to know what you consider advice.
Hi!

Sure since you asked…

In general and from my POV, I’d consider ”free advice” to be advice provided to others which they did not specifically asked for.

:biggrin2:
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Dezza69 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:17 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:32 pm I'm interested to know what you consider advice.
Hi!

Sure since you asked…

In general and from my POV, I’d consider ”free advice” to be advice provided to others which they did not specifically asked for.

:biggrin2:
Ok, providing advice means to offer guidance, what advice or guidance did I provide, and to whom.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Perhaps it’s better to start a new thread in the “off topic” section and after you do that I’ll be more than happy to help you with your question(s).
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Dezza69 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:07 am Perhaps it’s better to start a new thread in the “off topic” section and after you do that I’ll be more than happy to help you with your question(s).
Yes, you finally realized you were in over your head.
You should have suggested that before you took the thread off topic with "… I’m available to beta-test your game whenever it’s ready …"
We'll leave it at that. Hopefully the OP got what he needed before this went OT.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:33 pm
You should have suggested that before you took the thread off topic with "… I’m available to beta-test your game whenever it’s ready …"
We'll leave it at that. Hopefully the OP got what he needed before this went OT.
Wow you backpedaled for a page and then when the guy wanted to take it to the proper section you say he’s in over his head and that your done. Why not just post the game, no one’s going to review it poorly and even if they do what will five bad reviews hurt? Unless it’s only been downloaded twice you’ll be fine. There’s also a thread for just this type of situation called the off the rails thread, it’s meant for you to take your arguments there to finish.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Mwal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:10 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:33 pm
Wow you backpedaled for a page and then when the guy wanted to take it to the proper section you say he’s in over his head and that your done. Why not just post the game, no one’s going to review it poorly and even if they do what will five bad reviews hurt? Unless it’s only been downloaded twice you’ll be fine. There’s also a thread for just this type of situation called the off the rails thread, it’s meant for you to take your arguments there to finish.
I wasn't backpedaling. I was letting him put his foot in his mouth and get him to explain what "advice" I offered. If you read the posts leading up to him inserting himself into the thread, I was offering my opinion, not advice. It was about to be revealed he couldn't be taken seriously, like you and raran.
He backpedaled because he probably seen it coming, unlike some others. :wink3: :wink3:
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Create a thread in the appropriate forum section.

HAPPY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:09 pm
I wasn't backpedaling. I was letting him put his foot in his mouth and get him to explain what "advice" I offered. If you read the posts leading up to him inserting himself into the thread, I was offering my opinion, not advice. It was about to be revealed he couldn't be taken seriously, like you and raran.
He backpedaled because he probably seen it coming, unlike some others. :wink3: :wink3:
The only person who can’t be taken seriously here is you, on your fifteenth account and we’re all supposed to just believe what you say even when you won’t offer simple proof. But that’s ok keep making stuff up and deflecting.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I'll offer an objective opinion and I have a really wonderful tablet to put your games thru the paces. Why not PM me? I won't leak the names.. simply if what you have stated is true. And I don't leave ratings on games. Its really unfair to the dev and other people... just because I love or hate something doesn't mean others will or should feel the same way. If you are willing to show a bit of trust, I can very easily bring this silly argument to a close. Ask anyone on this forum. I have always tried to be honest, fair and objective about everything I involve myself with on this forum.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Since this is already off topic, Jessi how are you feeling? It is nice seeing you post again.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Not too bad. Fighting another cyst on my pancreas so I have completely down and using this time to stop in and say hi. Thought about doing something in the community corner with my latest playthru. Otherwise its just been more of the same. Trying to keep my stomach happy so it doesn't try to kill me again lol. How have you been? I went to a doctor appt the other day with the misses and I kept seeing all these amazing farms and fields of beautiful golden winter wheats I believe and I couldn't help but wonder how the work has been for you? I even mentioned you to my wife wondering out loud how the farm is going.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Dang that's no good. Hopefully that will be the end of the cysts. Farm has been good we got 1100 new little pigs in, chopped wheat and planted double crop beans. Also trying to make second crop hay and finish spraying the weeds again.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.