descent rain in game

BoxTunnel

Re: descent rain in game

Post by BoxTunnel »

I really don't understand threads like this.

Person A posts that they want this, that or the other.

Person B posts that Giants are rubbish and hate their consumers so you can't have this, that or the other because Giants are deliberately witholding it from you due to unspecified reasons (although thay still seem to play the game).

Person C defends Giants saying this, that and the other is not really vital or possible in a game that does what FS22 does (I am completely unable to farm in Halo or Sonic the flippin' Hedgehog but I'm not moaning).

Then an unholy insultfest breaks out between B and C, sometimes A and then D, E, F, and G need to get involved. I am H, getting involved!

Some well informed posters try and explain and get grief for it.

For the windscreen wiper lovers, Train Sim World has pretty good rain and wipers that clear the rain if that is your thing. Haven't managed to drive a tractor in it yet though.

I only known one forum more toxic and entitled than this and that is Elite:Dangerous, a forum involving players who try to kill each other in Space Ships.

BoxTunnel is loving the farming, not caring about the rain, had a few questions when he finally bought FS22 but now will probably stay clear of the forum. Hey Ho, my life will still be good...
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

There is nothing wrong with loving the game, and not caring about the rain. I personally don't care about the rain either.
But, if somebody wants more realistic rain in the game, there's nothing wrong with that either. It's not a personal dig at any players, so there's no reason to get defensive.

On the other hand, saying "This engine's main priority is to work around the mechanics of farming" is a cop out by the developers. I'm not a farmer, but I'm guessing rain is likely one of the most important things to a farm. A farming game should be able to handle rain, and incorporate it into gameplay, especially after a decade of development.

Edit: Even the failed farming games handled rain better, and it actually meant something in the game.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:21 pm There is nothing wrong with loving the game, and not caring about the rain. I personally don't care about the rain either.
But, if somebody wants more realistic rain in the game, there's nothing wrong with that either. It's not a personal dig at any players, so there's no reason to get defensive.

On the other hand, saying "This engine's main priority is to work around the mechanics of farming" is a cop out by the developers. I'm not a farmer, but I'm guessing rain is likely one of the most important things to a farm. A farming game should be able to handle rain, and incorporate it into gameplay, especially after a decade of development.

Edit: Even the failed farming games handled rain better, and it actually meant something in the game.
Having an affect on the windows is meh to me, but it affecting the farming aspects of the game is a miss by giants in my opinion. Especially after the way the seasons mod handled it 19
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Here's a thought I had:
Why is it that when I drive thru snow, my tires turn white, but not when I drive thru lime? This is in the base game.
I do use the "Real Colors" mod and I see it being incorporated into the next version of FS.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Yep, I've also been having a lot of "why is it this way?!?!?"-moments when playing the later iterations of this franchise.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Hoffa82 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:08 am Yep, I've also been having a lot of "why is it this way?!?!?"-moments when playing the later iterations of this franchise.
Because they assign developers to add new features rather than finishing existing ones. This isn't a rant or a hate message, it's only my opinion.
The list of unfinished gameplay is incredibly huge in this game.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

CoreyTr wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:44 pm Because they assign developers to add new features rather than finishing existing ones. This isn't a rant or a hate message, it's only my opinion.
The list of unfinished gameplay is incredibly huge in this game.
Can't argue with that, I'm not hating either, I am actually trying to enjoy the game, but the frustration with some of the development choices takes the fun out of the game sometimes (more and more often I'm sad to say)

Rain on windows is one of those "why???" moments, when Giants in one of their developments-videos focused pretty much on the noise the wipers made I though "of course they'll bring raindrops into the game, why else would the bring so much attention to this" but when the game finally arrived.... disappointment...

But then again, there are cakes...