descent rain in game

FarmerKiwi

descent rain in game

Post by FarmerKiwi »

Just wondering when giants are going to make the rain so it actually looks real and the wipers actually clear it from the windows. We had the same problem in FS19 and you did nothing so how about it as then it would actually look more realistic.
Also when it snows I thought we would see tire tracks in the snow but alas nothing. Surely it is not that hard I mean other games have the realistic rain and tire tracks in the snow so why not FS22.
CoreyTr

Re: descent rain in game

Post by CoreyTr »

FarmerKiwi wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 am Just wondering when giants are going to make the rain so it actually looks real and the wipers actually clear it from the windows. We had the same problem in FS19 and you did nothing so how about it as then it would actually look more realistic.
Also when it snows I thought we would see tire tracks in the snow but alas nothing. Surely it is not that hard I mean other games have the realistic rain and tire tracks in the snow so why not FS22.
The other games don't use the Giants engine, and that is why they are capable of realistic rain and tire tracks.
raran

Post by raran »

The rain in FS descends so what's the problem?
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

At least it no longer clips thru everything and you can stand out of it now.
PC gamer.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Beastbubba wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:07 pm At least it no longer clips thru everything and you can stand out of it now.
The story of FS.

Everything is just bare minimum…
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Burekcina wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:01 pm
Beastbubba wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:07 pm At least it no longer clips thru everything and you can stand out of it now.
The story of FS.

Everything is just bare minimum…
Except the price.
FarmerKiwi

Post by FarmerKiwi »

CoreyTr wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:12 pm
FarmerKiwi wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 am Just wondering when giants are going to make the rain so it actually looks real and the wipers actually clear it from the windows. We had the same problem in FS19 and you did nothing so how about it as then it would actually look more realistic.
The other games don't use the Giants engine, and that is why they are capable of realistic rain and tire tracks.
Funny thing is they make tyre tracks in the dirt so why not the snow. In this day and age with the way technology is they should be able to make rain look like rain. In truck sim someone actually made a mod for realistic rain and it was awesome. Someone said it does not fall inside buildings maybe they need to look again as I was in a building just a couple of days ago and it was raining in the building so you are wrong there. I actually thought Giants may have come back with an answer but as usual they like to hide.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

FarmerKiwi wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:46 am
CoreyTr wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:12 pm
Funny thing is they make tyre tracks in the dirt so why not the snow. In this day and age with the way technology is they should be able to make rain look like rain. In truck sim someone actually made a mod for realistic rain and it was awesome. Someone said it does not fall inside buildings maybe they need to look again as I was in a building just a couple of days ago and it was raining in the building so you are wrong there. I actually thought Giants may have come back with an answer but as usual they like to hide.
Giants doesn't use technology from this day and age.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:42 pm
… I’m available to beta-test your game whenever it’s ready …
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Dezza69 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:15 pm
I actually have 3 games for IOS and 2 of them are for Android as well.
raran

Post by raran »

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:16 am
Sure.

Name and shame dude. *thumbsup*
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

For a fair comparison, they'll need to have terrain deforming, decent rain, and a custom "modern" graphics engine, etc.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Dezza69 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:56 am

For a fair comparison, they'll need to have terrain deforming, decent rain, and a custom "modern" graphics engine, etc.
My released games don't require rain or terrain deforming. I am experienced with the Unity engine, and working on a game now, that still doesn't use rain or terrain deformation.
I can see you're trying to dig in and throw shade my way, but I don't get insulted easily. I know my accomplishments.
And, it doesn't take an experienced eye to see the many things in FS look and feel dated.
I don't know why you folks get so defensive when somebody mentions that. Do you feel responsible in some way?
Last edited by CoreyTr on Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

raran wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:56 am

Sure.

Name and shame dude. *thumbsup*
If you play games on those platforms, you may have one or more of my games on your device.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:28 pm My released games don't require rain or terrain deforming. I am experienced with the Unity engine, and working on a game now, that still doesn't use rain or terrain deformation.
I can see you're trying to dig in and throw shade my way, but I don't get insulted easily. I know my accomplishments.
And, it doesn't take an experienced eye to see the many things in FS look and feel dated.
I don't know why you folks get so defensive when somebody mentions that. Do you feel responsible in some way?

... how convenient.

I'm not trying to insult you.

And I'm not affiliated with Giants and I'm not getting all "defensive". Just after reading all the talk you've been talking I'd love to critique your work in the same ways you're critiquing others.

What are (edit: "your") games called??

Also - they're free too, correct??