How does max shadow lights settings work in fs22? Is the game using light bounces or just direct?

johndc_92

How does max shadow lights settings work in fs22? Is the game using light bounces or just direct?

Post by johndc_92 »

Hello. I would like to ask how does max shadow lights work in fs22? I am trying to understand how 1 vs 3 shadow lights affect how the game looks. Does FS22 use bounced lights and does the bounced ligths cast shadows too? Or is fs22 just direct lights?
kahfs

Re: How does max shadow lights settings work in fs22? Is the game using light bounces or just direct?

Post by kahfs »

Is bounced light the same as reflected light? The rotating warning beam on tractors are certainly reflected from buildings and trees, if you have the right graphics card. I have not noticed if the reflected beam cast shadows. I don't think any light is reflected from windows, or maybe I justed haven't paid attention.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
johndc_92

Re: How does max shadow lights settings work in fs22? Is the game using light bounces or just direct?

Post by johndc_92 »

kahfs wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:04 am Is bounced light the same as reflected light? The rotating warning beam on tractors are certainly reflected from buildings and trees, if you have the right graphics card. I have not noticed if the reflected beam cast shadows. I don't think any light is reflected from windows, or maybe I justed haven't paid attention.
Thanks for the inputs.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

FS22 just uses direct lighting only for the local lights. The sun light does some simple indirect bounced lighting, with no shadowing though.
For the direct lighting, the local lights can however cast shadows or not. Based on this setting, the number of lights that can cast shadows at the same time is defined.
crash

Post by crash »

Shadows from light cast on implements by tractors should be an option😃
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway