A Serious question

mikewilson.sr

A Serious question

Post by mikewilson.sr »

I have a question, Im a PC gamer, especially when it comes to Farming Simulator, In 19 I played in the mannor to build an industrilized farm, In 19 and in past versions there where no slotages on the PC versions and was able to grow and expand my farm, I assumed that it was the same for 22 on the pc version. However I noticed when I tried to play the same way on 22, the larger I made my farm the more problems I had with game stability and functionablity.
I noticed that when I put my farm together it wouldnt funtion properly the animals wouldnt produce over a certain amount less then a pallet over a long period of time.
With that stated it acted almost like it was working like it does on console( FS 19 i had also on console, had the same issues) Because of slot limitations on the previous version, I couldnt play it the way I liked too so I stayed on PC.
Now when I Purchased 22, and on the download page I did click the PC/ windows 10 button and downloaded the PC verion,
My Question is does FS 22 have a slot system for the pc version and will it limit gamplay like on consoles?

I have uploades my save game, to this question! and if you look line #57 there is definitly a slot system on the PC version. Not ccomplaining I do like FS 22, but with a slot system limiting my gameplay like on consoles its quickly causing me to want to delete it and stay with previous versions.
is there any way to disable the slot system to be able to enhance my gameplay expierance.

I felt that I needed to reach out and get information about this issue, and ask for help
Thank you
Mike Wilson Sr
Attachments
careerSavegame.xml
(11.27 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
T4xs

Re: A Serious question

Post by T4xs »

Die Angabe der slots in der carrersavegame.xml dienen nur zur Information für crossplay und haben keinerlei Auswirkungen auf deinen singleplayer spielstand.

Das einzige was dich am PC limitiert ist deine Hardware, also CPU, GPU und RAM
Mein WIP Thread

LG Stefan

Konsolero aus Leidenschaft :biggrin2:
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

@T4xs
Im apoligise with the upmost respect. I'm not understanding what your reply. I'm not multi langual. i can only understand english. Sorry! Can you please reply in that mannor if you can if not is there anyone who can intrepret for me plz. I'm one who listens and asked for advice and counsel before doing anything, but I need to understand what is been said. thank you
Hummes79

Post by Hummes79 »

You are in the german forum. Here is a english forum: viewforum.php?f=478.
Haubi

Post by Haubi »

T4xs in english
The slots in the carrersavegame.xml are only for information for crossplay and have no effect on your singleplayer score.

The only thing that limits you on the PC is your hardware, so CPU, GPU and RAM.
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

OK, well i dont think that is an issue, 1 TB system dual hard drive, C, D. I have the game installed on the 1 TB side.which is seperate from the op system on "C" I also have the latest NVidia gaming gpu and software which is compatable with my pc, It is a custom pc that was built for gameplay for Farming Simulator.
It has Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz C:
D: 1TB
Installed RAM 8.00 GB 64-bit operating system, x64-based processing
So its more then capible of handling FS22. but thank you for claifying that slot system was for cross play. It may not be completly compatable with my system thats also what I'm thinking, goash I hope thats not the issue. thus is the reasoning for potential uninstall, but I figured i would reach out to you all first, to get advice and cousel, and help before doing that
thank you
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hummes79 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:10 pm You are in the german forum. Here is a english forum: viewforum.php?f=478.
Topic moved from german to english section.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

Ok, I didn't know that I was in the German arena, no pun intended! Went on to the forum to get help, as well some understanding! Because the game experience with 22 isn't going well, I know it isn't my pc persey, but I think it could be a compatibility issue.
If you feel you need to move this to another section feel free to do so.
Please send me a link when it has been done!
Thanks
Mike Wilson Sr
humbe

Post by humbe »

I have no details to back it up, but my impression is also that there is no slot system on the PC.. If you get too much it'll just slow the game down if your hardware can't keep up...

Could it be related to some bug or a feature instead? Do you have a specific example? What animals didn't produce what? How old were they, and what is the animals screen telling you about their state? You sure they had all they needed?
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

@ humbe
Thank you for your reply, I included the save game.
Yes I thought the same way but when I looked at the save game script if you look at line #57 it clearly shows that there is a slot count system
It was stated in a comment that was for cross play, but I don't play online so why would it be active but yet it is. Again I'm learning, and want to learn so I can play it better.
But as far as the animals this concerns the sheep, chickens and cows
The sheep produce only 1 block of wool every 3 game months on the pallet, chickens produce a half of pallet in the same amount of time, cows produce very little as well, I haven't tried horses or pigs at this time because they don't produce any products for productions,
When I set up my farm I set it up to where I have every machine for any job along with warehouses for production of the factories and sales along with the animals in 1 area instead spread out across the map, it worked on 19 it did work when I first installed and played 22, but now it
Is very difficult to work.
My Game is up to date,
Back to the animals they are the highest priced ones on the purchase menu, I have them for 2 game years with no improvements in their productions, it started this after the 2nd update, it's acting similar to what 19 did on consoles limiting the ability to farm, and add to it,
So this why I suspected it might be a slot issue, but it was my understanding that the pc version shouldn't have slotage, but when I opened up the savegame I seen it almost halfway down in the script
I opened it up in notepad++ and it showed it on line #57.
15, 17, 19 , 22 do have similarities as far accessing the script, but the differences are significantly different.
For instance 22 has slotage where as the previous versions doesn't.
Didn't know if this was the issue because as I mentioned it's doing similar things that 19 does when the slot count is been reached or close to it.
As far as their conditions they always had food, water, bedding with no issues, and their conditions were green across the board.
Again I'm seeking help, and counsel from you all, I really like FS 22, except the problems I've been having, I have deleted past game saves updated the game, still ending back at this point.
So after much consideration I felt that the frustration has reached the point where it's time to reach out and ask for help
Although I do love and appreciate the farming simulator 22 game, it's gotten to the point where the frustration is overcoming my enjoyment of the game, so I'm debating on uninstalling it and picking 19 back up.
I'm also wondering if FS 22 has compatibility issues with my pc, it's unlikely, but it might be possible.
Sometimes when there is compatibility issues these things can happen. I don't know! But I am very grateful for any help here,
Thank you sir I do appreciate your response, I'm just very frustrated right now.
Mike Wilson Sr
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m pretty sure there’s a pallet limit which a simple google of “more pallets” should help you track down a mod that will eliminate it. I’m not sure why giants decided to limit pallets for single player on pc but I’ve heard crossplay. Its slightly irritating but crossplay is the hip wow and now cool thing to do so hopefully it’s dead by the next game and we can all move on haha.
DarthBelan

Post by DarthBelan »

I'm going to say that ram, or lack there of, may be your issue. You only have 8 GB, most modern machines comes with 16 GB, most halfway decent gaming rigs have 32 GB. If you play with a good many mods 8 GB ain't gonna cut it.
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

Thank you, I did that and found a mod which states in the description that it does that, I downloaded that, I would prefer to download it from giants modhub because their mod releases are tested and causes less problems then some on 3rd party sites, but something needs to change, I hope it works.
I will give it a try, thank you all who commented on my posting for taking the time to help me, your time is greatly appreciated, I'm very thankful.
@Mwal thank you for steering me in a direction which helped me find a modification which might help .
Again I will try it, and see if it helps with a better game play. It will take some time but I will get back with you all on here and let you know.
Thanks again
Mike Wilson Sr
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

@ Darth Balen,
That's possible too, but it's a gaming laptop, not a desktop, so for a laptop gaming PC, it's the highest I could get. By the ones whom I ordered from HP, it is top of the line for gaming laptops. Given that what you mentioned, how would I get more RAM it doesn't have an place or opening on the bottom to install it, wouldn't that be an indicator that there isn't a place to install on the motherboard?
How do I install it in a laptop without messing it up?
past PC's had that as a feature but this one doesn't and it's a high end gaming rig. A desk top I wouldn't have any trouble but this isn't the case. If this is the case that will make 22 incompatible with my rig, which does make since, because I have mentioned that as well. However just before 22 came out I did put a post here with the specifications of my pc and it was relayed to me that my rig was compatible. Again hope that incompatibility isn't the issue!
But again just asking a question gain I'm trying to learn this stuff.
Thank you for posting and answering my questions.
Mike Wilson Sr
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

As far as I am aware, the pallet limit shouldn’t be slowing down your animal productions. Once you got the limit which I think got changed to 300 on PC, then no more pallets would spawn. Do you have a large amount of pallets on the map?

Your animals do sound oddly slow, but unless I missed it, you haven’t said how many you have. If you have only 10 sheep they seem to be doing ok.

Don’t forget as well that the egg pallets hold a lot more than the little boxes on fs19 so if you are comparing based on that it will take a lot longer. Also I think the sheep pallets hold more too. You can also get a mod that increases what each pallet hold by 5x, not sure if this affects animals but it’s worth checking you don’t have that installed.

The only thing regarding the cows is make sure you bought the right kind. ‘The most expensive ones’ could be beef cattle which won’t be any good as I assume you are expecting milk. Did Giants change the sheep type to have different breeds that behaved differently? I can’t remember and often don’t do sheep.