Winter - Elm Creek

chedly_farms

Winter - Elm Creek

Post by chedly_farms »

Holy Cow!!!! I just witness my first winter day on Elm Creek. I am blown away! The detail is amazing. The snow lanes on the roads. The trees covered in snow, the grass in snow. I could swear that the bricks at the ball park even had snow in the cracks. I’m going to continue to stand by this statement. “Elm Creek has set the bar for all American maps moving forward.”

I just can’t say enough how awesome this map is. As a “Vanilla” map I’m in awe. If the persons who made this map are ready this. Wow! Thank You!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Re: Winter - Elm Creek

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

I agree it's a great map. Now just deciding if I should jump to stone valley.

P.s. anyone heard anything from Ajfarmer on a re release of Griffin on 22?
FTF
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I can’t see my myself switching. This map has everything. Hills, flatland, big, small, details out the yin yang. I’m in awe. I took a look around Stone Valley, and it feels rushed.

Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:38 am I can’t see my myself switching. This map has everything. Hills, flatland, big, small, details out the yin yang. I’m in awe. I took a look around Stone Valley, and it feels rushed.
Agree, I'm also hooked with awe on Elm Creek. Often just stand around and take in the view(s). ... and spend time in the canyon/park area ... weird, but it kinda feels ... "homely" ... :lol:

:biggrin2: Happy Farming!!!
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Watching some map previews I'd say I have to agree. Stone Valkey feels too "Elmcreek flattened ". So different playing this game and not getting amped up when mod maps drop for console. The still shots had me curious for sure
FTF
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

There are so many things I learn every time I load up my game save. I feel like a jerk for talking as much smack as I did on this game for the first few months.

I do have a few questions as far as rolling goes.

So I know you can roll small rocks back down and create a smooth seedbed. But it says you also can roll after you plant. I didn’t do this right away, and my wheat is in the first growth stage. If I try to roll with the base game roller, nothing happens.is that accurate?

Also do you need to use the grassland package roller for grass, as the base game roller seems to do nothing to the grass as far as changing my “needs rolling” setting.

jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:03 am There are so many things I learn every time I load up my game save. I feel like a jerk for talking as much smack as I did on this game for the first few months.

So I know you can roll small rocks back down and create a smooth seedbed. But it says you also can roll after you plant. I didn’t do this right away, and my wheat is in the first growth stage. If I try to roll with the base game roller, nothing happens.is that accurate?

Also do you need to use the grassland package roller for grass, as the base game roller seems to do nothing to the grass as far as changing my “needs rolling” setting.
You use a roller on the field right after planting, before the crops begin to sprout. IRL, if you roll after the plants sprout, you will crush the crops.

I've never used the grass roller, but it's my understanding you use it right after mowing to increase the yield. Maybe it has no effect once the grass has grown past the first growth stage, but I've heard it's supposed to reset the grass back to the first growth stage if you use it.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:18 am anyone heard anything from Ajfarmer on a re release of Griffin on 22?
Nothing yet, it could be released this year, or next year though...
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:38 am I took a look around Stone Valley, and it feels rushed.
Especially with the buildings changed. Reminds me of the Goldcrest Valley 22 tour by SealyP when he said about the buildings after coming back from FS17 or FS19 to FS22.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

jeremyj621 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:53 am
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:03 am There are so many things I learn every time I load up my game save. I feel like a jerk for talking as much smack as I did on this game for the first few months.

You use a roller on the field right after planting, before the crops begin to sprout. IRL, if you roll after the plants sprout, you will crush the crops.

I've never used the grass roller, but it's my understanding you use it right after mowing to increase the yield. Maybe it has no effect once the grass has grown past the first growth stage, but I've heard it's supposed to reset the grass back to the first growth stage if you use it.
Okay, thanks for the response. I rolled wheat in the first stage and while it didn’t remove the “needs rolling” state, it didn’t destroy the crop either.

I guess I’ll keep messing around and figure of it the grass rolling as well. I did read that it would reset, but I’m in the first stage already.

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've rolled wheat around Easter when the plants were about 30cm tall -- it was supposed to give them a stronger footing. I've not seen it done around here for several years.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:06 pm
jeremyj621 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:53 am

Okay, thanks for the response. I rolled wheat in the first stage and while it didn’t remove the “needs rolling” state, it didn’t destroy the crop either.

I guess I’ll keep messing around and figure of it the grass rolling as well. I did read that it would reset, but I’m in the first stage already.
you have to use a grassland roller for grass but it will not remove the "needs rolling" status, it will just add a level of fert but they may have removed that feature with PF. The "needs rolling" applies to planted crops before plants emerge.
Playing on PC and PS4