Grass Bales

OrcaAmity

Grass Bales

Post by OrcaAmity »

I made a blunder and baled a load of grass. I can't grind it up into loose grass and I can't find anywhere to sell those bales. What am I supposed to do with them? What's the point in being able to bale the grass if we can't use the bales and if we can't sell them? Thanks.
STL

Re: Grass Bales

Post by STL »

There are hay loft mods on the modhub that will turn bale into loose grass, hay, straw. Plus you can feed grass to sheep.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

On the base game maps, the animal dealer should accept grass either baled or loose. On mod maps I've played, it's been the same.
Eische

Post by Eische »

As mentioned above, you can feed those gras bales to sheep directly.

Depending on which bale size you have, you could wrap them and turn them into silage this way. It will take a while to ferment. Walking close to one wrapped bale will tell you how long it will take to ferment.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

I can't feed these to sheep because they are baled.

I don't want to use mods because they screw-up the game such as causing it to take longer to load and close down.

I can't find the animal dealer.
Eische

Post by Eische »

You are playing FS22?

I'm fairly sure that the base game sheep pens are accepting bales.

Animal Dealer should be on every map. Check the map in the menu and zoom in a bit until the blue icons appear. The one with the bullhead is the animal dealer.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:33 pm I can't find the animal dealer.
If you need to find anything. Go to your menu, go to prizes, go to grass and it will show you were to sell the stuff you wanna sell. You can even tag the place so when you are driving you can find the place easier.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:56 pm
OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:33 pm I can't find the animal dealer.
If you need to find anything. Go to your menu, go to prizes, go to grass and it will show you were to sell the stuff you wanna sell. You can even tag the place so when you are driving you can find the place easier.
I did that and it doesn't mention bales.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

I honestly don't think we can sell grass bales. We can't use them, we can't sell them and we can't grind them up into loose grass. The golden question is, what is the point in baling grass when they are totally useless. All we can do with them is dump them in a river all because Giants didn't think yet again.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:33 pm I did that and it doesn't mention bales.
Correct, but it mention: Grass, hay, straw etc etc.

So look at grass, as you got grass bales.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:16 pm I honestly don't think we can sell grass bales. We can't use them, we can't sell them and we can't grind them up into loose grass. The golden question is, what is the point in baling grass when they are totally useless. All we can do with them is dump them in a river all because Giants didn't think yet again.
You think we can not sell bales? I am able to, everybody else is able to, so don't know why you can't.
I think you are doing something wrong here.

Yes you can use grass bales. You can wrap them and make silage. And yes you are able to feed them to sheeps. And yes you are able to sell them.

You can even store them if you got a multifruit silo, then it becomes normal grass again(unbaled)

So 4 options for you what to do with grass bales. So don't blame giants as that is unfair in this situation. It's in the game because it is usefull.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Eische wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 pm You are playing FS22?

I'm fairly sure that the base game sheep pens are accepting bales.

Animal Dealer should be on every map. Check the map in the menu and zoom in a bit until the blue icons appear. The one with the bullhead is the animal dealer.
I looked for the animal dealer under Filers and it appears in Haut-Beyleron there is no animal dealer. If there is, then Giants screwed-up on something else. I checked all the icons in the map and there's no animal dealer.

I wonder why so many people prefer this as the best FS game when I find it was made very sloppy no being able to find so many things because Giaints thought it was a good idea to change so many things and not make it easy to find what's needed, Such as when they removed the withering setting and we have to turn it off by going to Seasonal Growth and changing it to No when that looks nothing like withering and the print is so small it's very heard to read. I've noticed loads of changed things and now it appears we can no longer sell grass blaes and we can't use them even though we can create them them where that is utterly pointless. What's the point in creating something that can't be used or sold that can only be dumped?
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:22 pm
OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:16 pm I honestly don't think we can sell grass bales. We can't use them, we can't sell them and we can't grind them up into loose grass. The golden question is, what is the point in baling grass when they are totally useless. All we can do with them is dump them in a river all because Giants didn't think yet again.
You think we can not sell bales? I am able to, everybody else is able to, so don't know why you can't.
I think you are doing something wrong here.

Yes you can use grass bales. You can wrap them and make silage. And yes you are able to feed them to sheeps. And yes you are able to sell them.

You can even store them if you got a multifruit silo, then it becomes normal grass again(unbaled)

So 4 options for you what to do with grass bales. So don't blame giants as that is unfair in this situation. It's in the game because it is usefull.
I can sell bales apart from the grass bales. I tried to wrap the grass bales and it never let me.
Eische

Post by Eische »

OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:50 pm
I looked for the animal dealer under Filers and it appears in Haut-Beyleron there is no animal dealer. If there is, then Giants screwed-up on something else. I checked all the icons in the map and there's no animal dealer.

I wonder why so many people prefer this as the best FS game when I find it was made very sloppy no being able to find so many things because Giaints thought it was a good idea to change so many things and not make it easy to find what's needed, Such as when they removed the withering setting and we have to turn it off by going to Seasonal Growth and changing it to No when that looks nothing like withering and the print is so small it's very heard to read. I've noticed loads of changed things and now it appears we can no longer sell grass blaes and we can't use them even though we can create them them where that is utterly pointless. What's the point in creating something that can't be used or sold that can only be dumped?
On Haute-Beyleron the animal dealer is at the upper right corner of field 28 as far as I remember.
If it is nowhere to find in your case, something is wrong with your installation.

And yes. It is part of evolution that some things are changing. Yes it can be frustrating at the beginning. But there is a lot of information already out there available in videos, tutorials...
You can keep asking here and we will gladly answer your questions. But please stop making false accusations for things that have changed and you are unaware of.

Again, you can use grass bales for feed for sheeps. Basegame pens will accept the bales. Maybe your feed capacity of the pen is already outmaxed. Just put a bale in front of the trough. It will be used over time.
Walking close to the bale will show the current content of the bale.

And again. Not every bale size can be wrapped. The 180cm round bales can not be wrapped because they are just too big for the wrappers. Check the store and the description of each wrapper in the bottom portion of the screen. It will tell you the supported bale size.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Eische wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:04 pm On Haute-Beyleron the animal dealer is at the upper right corner of field 28 as far as I remember.
Correct!✌🏻👍🏻