Horses

OrcaAmity

Horses

Post by OrcaAmity »

I bought two horses and it says their Base Food is 60% and their Hay is 40%. I haven't fed them yet. How does this work out?
Rasping rabbit

Re: Horses

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I thought it said on the animal screen what they eat, but from memory their main food is oats or possibly sorghum. As for the exact amounts I have no idea from memory as I rarely do horses. I generally drop 1 or 2 thousand litres of each and see what happens on the bars as this gives a general idea of what the total value is.

You don’t necessarily have to balance it perfectly when you first fill it. They will eat 60/40 but if you put too much of one type in it won’t make a difference, one type will just go down faster than the other. As long as there is some of both types in there it’s fine.

Also from memory, horses barely eat anything unless you have lots of them 👍🏼
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

OrcaAmity wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:26 am I bought two horses and it says their Base Food is 60% and their Hay is 40%. I haven't fed them yet. How does this work out?
Like i said before there is a help menu that explains everything in the game. It also explains when you are in the animal menu.

OR

Use the tutorial on this website:
https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=280
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Horses will eat Hay, Oats and or Sorghum. A little tip, and I did experiment with horses, if you only feed them hay, like Beef cow, they will end up growing just as quickly as if you fed them oats and hay. They don't eat a lot of oats or sorghum, but oats and sorghum sell for a lot more than hay does, so really hay's your cheapest option.

If you want to know more about horses;

Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:31 am I thought it said on the animal screen what they eat, but from memory their main food is oats or possibly sorghum. As for the exact amounts I have no idea from memory as I rarely do horses. I generally drop 1 or 2 thousand litres of each and see what happens on the bars as this gives a general idea of what the total value is.

You don’t necessarily have to balance it perfectly when you first fill it. They will eat 60/40 but if you put too much of one type in it won’t make a difference, one type will just go down faster than the other. As long as there is some of both types in there it’s fine.

Also from memory, horses barely eat anything unless you have lots of them 👍🏼
I wonder why Giants have changed a lot of things. Even when I've watched You Tube videos the people that made the videos have said things about they are not sure and they wonder this and that and about a number of things. Also, I wonder why Giants never added a tutorial in the main menu like they used to.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:00 am
OrcaAmity wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:26 am I bought two horses and it says their Base Food is 60% and their Hay is 40%. I haven't fed them yet. How does this work out?
Like i said before there is a help menu that explains everything in the game. It also explains when you are in the animal menu.

OR

Use the tutorial on this website:
https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=280
Everything apart from what I need to know. Also, I wonder why the Cleanliness has always been in the red at 0%. How can my horse barns be filthy when they've hardly been there. This game need serious repairs. It's glitched. I was watching a video about the production chains and people have had issues with that where the meters are giving odd readings and they believe the production chain are glitched. One person took some wheat and it glitched out of his game. IF it's not a glitch then it boils back to what I've asked before. Why have Giants made this game so awkward? None of this is me making mistakes because I've played these games before and I had no issues with horses in FS 19. The problems fall back to Giants. They still never learn about the bugs with the helpers with curved-shaped fields where some helpers just sit there like a prat doing nothing even when they turn a tractor around and they are ready to drive forwards. Instead, they just sit there. Just like some helpers harvesting a field. Sometimes they don't turn around and harvest the next row, they reverse slowly up the field and get into position from the way they just came. I wonder what is the point in that? Why they are wasting my time and money reversing, they could have harvested another row in that time. Then there's a matter of big lumps in the ground for our vehicles to get stuck on. I wonder why Giants never think.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Honestly OP, I don't see why you are struggling with so many aspects of the game. I find all the information I need in the in-game help section and in the FS Tutorials. I've never had to watch any YouTube videos for further information, but then I admit I'm a veteran player (started with FS 15) so I've never needed additional information.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

jeremyj621 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:45 pm Honestly OP, I don't see why you are struggling with so many aspects of the game. I find all the information I need in the in-game help section and in the FS Tutorials. I've never had to watch any YouTube videos for further information, but then I admit I'm a veteran player (started with FS 15) so I've never needed additional information.
I wonder why I need help as well. At first it took me ages to find out how to turn off the withering all because Giants never had a withering setting with on and off like they used to. They decided to put it under Seasonal Growth. Then I had to find out why when I used the bed to jump to the next month it was only jumping to the next day. Then I was told to change Days Per Month to 1 Day. I wondered what is up with Giants? There's not one day in every month and when we sleep for one day a month doesn't go by. These things makes no sense. Now I'm getting the issues where my animals are not eating, not producing anything apart from my sheep and I wonder why my sheep are producing and my cows are not when I got my cows first. Just like I wonder how my horses and sheep have plenty to eat when I never fed them. I only fed my cows. The health for my cows and my horses are all at 0% and the same for reproduction. I've had these long enough for things to go up and for my cows to produce by now. I believe there's a bug causing this with my animals. Just like I wonder how the cleanliness for my horses hit 0% straight away. How can their stables be filthy straight away the second I got them. Most things are all at 0%. The only thing for my horses that is 100% is the Daily Riding Everything for my cows is 0% apart from the Mixed Ration is 100% and the bar is in the red at the bottom, the hay is at 80% and the bar is in the red at the bottom and the grass is at 40% where the bar is in the red at the bottom. Productivity is 0%, with the milk, the bar is green at the bottom, with the straw, the bar is in the red at the bottom and with the slurry, the bar is in the green at the bottom. I wonder how can the milk and the slurry be in the green when they are at the bottom the way productivity and straw are at the bottom and those are in the red. I have no idea what is going on. It's obviously glitched. With the food, the percentages should have dropped by now and with conditions, the percentages should have gone up. Nothing is changing.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

OrcaAmity wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 pm Then I had to find out why when I used the bed to jump to the next month it was only jumping to the next day. Then I was told to change Days Per Month to 1 Day. I wondered what is up with Giants? There's not one day in every month and when we sleep for one day a month doesn't go by. These things makes no sense.
You had to find out when you go to sleep it went to the next day? And then you complain about it's unrealistic to go to the next month and you should go to the next day 🤦

If you want 28 days a month, feel free to do that. If you want to go to sleep 120 times until next crop is done. Go ahead!

Like said in the other topics you opened, the feeling that you are a troll gets stronger day by day....
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

OrcaAmity wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 pm
jeremyj621 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:45 pm Honestly OP, I don't see why you are struggling with so many aspects of the game. I find all the information I need in the in-game help section and in the FS Tutorials. I've never had to watch any YouTube videos for further information, but then I admit I'm a veteran player (started with FS 15) so I've never needed additional information.
I wonder why I need help as well. At first it took me ages to find out how to turn off the withering all because Giants never had a withering setting with on and off like they used to. They decided to put it under Seasonal Growth. Then I had to find out why when I used the bed to jump to the next month it was only jumping to the next day. Then I was told to change Days Per Month to 1 Day. I wondered what is up with Giants? There's not one day in every month and when we sleep for one day a month doesn't go by. These things makes no sense. Now I'm getting the issues where my animals are not eating, not producing anything apart from my sheep and I wonder why my sheep are producing and my cows are not when I got my cows first. Just like I wonder how my horses and sheep have plenty to eat when I never fed them. I only fed my cows. The health for my cows and my horses are all at 0% and the same for reproduction. I've had these long enough for things to go up and for my cows to produce by now. I believe there's a bug causing this with my animals. Just like I wonder how the cleanliness for my horses hit 0% straight away. How can their stables be filthy straight away the second I got them. Most things are all at 0%. The only thing for my horses that is 100% is the Daily Riding Everything for my cows is 0% apart from the Mixed Ration is 100% and the bar is in the red at the bottom, the hay is at 80% and the bar is in the red at the bottom and the grass is at 40% where the bar is in the red at the bottom. Productivity is 0%, with the milk, the bar is green at the bottom, with the straw, the bar is in the red at the bottom and with the slurry, the bar is in the green at the bottom. I wonder how can the milk and the slurry be in the green when they are at the bottom the way productivity and straw are at the bottom and those are in the red. I have no idea what is going on. It's obviously glitched. With the food, the percentages should have dropped by now and with conditions, the percentages should have gone up. Nothing is changing.
I can tell you you're misreading the animal information screens. From your OP, base feed for horses will result in 60% productivity/health while hay will result in 40% productivity/health. So, for 100% productivity/health, you need to feed them both base feed and hay. If the bars are in the red, that means that particular type of feed is empty or nearly empty. Same for your cows. TMR will give 100% productivity/health. If the bar is in the red, your cows have no TMR.

Health for all new animals will start at 0 and build up gradually according to what you are feeding them. Cows for example, will build up health much more quickly if you feed them TMR, and more slowly with other types of feed. Same with your horses. Feed them both their base feed and hay, and their health will build up more quickly than with base feed or hay alone.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

OrcaAmity wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 pm Just like I wonder how the cleanliness for my horses hit 0% straight away. How can their stables be filthy straight away the second I got them. Most things are all at 0%. The only thing for my horses that is 100% is the Daily Riding Everything for my cows is 0% apart from the Mixed Ration is 100% and the bar is in the red at the bottom, the hay is at 80% and the bar is in the red at the bottom and the grass is at 40% where the bar is in the red at the bottom. Productivity is 0%, with the milk, the bar is green at the bottom, with the straw, the bar is in the red at the bottom and with the slurry, the bar is in the green at the bottom. I wonder how can the milk and the slurry be in the green when they are at the bottom the way productivity and straw are at the bottom and those are in the red. I have no idea what is going on. It's obviously glitched. With the food, the percentages should have dropped by now and with conditions, the percentages should have gone up. Nothing is changing.
Just guessing a few things here, you mention you rode your horses and the cleanliness is at 0%. Did you brush your horses after you rode them? As you had to in fs19.

With the cows, as has been mentioned, the percentage figures shown are the productivity you get from that kind of food. If the bars are empty I suspect it’s because you haven’t given them any food or they have eaten what you have given them. Which is probably why they aren’t producing anything and their productivity is still at 0%.

I genuinely find it hard to believe that you haven’t tried putting food & straw in the pens though, as you had to do that in all previous versions.

Also may be worth checking if you want milk, that you haven’t bought beef cows instead of dairy cows.

Or of course it could just be that everything in the game is bugged, although I have had cows, sheep and horses and they seem to work fine for me. Still haven’t got round to trying pigs so can’t comment on them.

Mr Sealyp did some pretty decent guides to animals at launch time. A few things have changed such as in his video there was no difference between beef and dairy cows, but they will still do a good job of explaining things like how to feed the animals for you.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:09 pm
OrcaAmity wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 pm Then I had to find out why when I used the bed to jump to the next month it was only jumping to the next day. Then I was told to change Days Per Month to 1 Day. I wondered what is up with Giants? There's not one day in every month and when we sleep for one day a month doesn't go by. These things makes no sense.
You had to find out when you go to sleep it went to the next day? And then you complain about it's unrealistic to go to the next month and you should go to the next day 🤦

If you want 28 days a month, feel free to do that. If you want to go to sleep 120 times until next crop is done. Go ahead!

Like said in the other topics you opened, the feeling that you are a troll gets stronger day by day....
I never complained about it not being realistic. I was making a point about so many things make no sense in this game.

Why would I want to sleep 120 times to skip a month when that was what I avoided ages ago?

Me a troll? How is that? No you are starting something accusing me of being a troll so that makes you the troll.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

jeremyj621 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:03 am
OrcaAmity wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 pm
I can tell you you're misreading the animal information screens. From your OP, base feed for horses will result in 60% productivity/health while hay will result in 40% productivity/health. So, for 100% productivity/health, you need to feed them both base feed and hay. If the bars are in the red, that means that particular type of feed is empty or nearly empty. Same for your cows. TMR will give 100% productivity/health. If the bar is in the red, your cows have no TMR.

Health for all new animals will start at 0 and build up gradually according to what you are feeding them. Cows for example, will build up health much more quickly if you feed them TMR, and more slowly with other types of feed. Same with your horses. Feed them both their base feed and hay, and their health will build up more quickly than with base feed or hay alone.
My cows TMR has been on 100% for four days.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:29 am
OrcaAmity wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 pm Just like I wonder how the cleanliness for my horses hit 0% straight away. How can their stables be filthy straight away the second I got them. Most things are all at 0%. The only thing for my horses that is 100% is the Daily Riding Everything for my cows is 0% apart from the Mixed Ration is 100% and the bar is in the red at the bottom, the hay is at 80% and the bar is in the red at the bottom and the grass is at 40% where the bar is in the red at the bottom. Productivity is 0%, with the milk, the bar is green at the bottom, with the straw, the bar is in the red at the bottom and with the slurry, the bar is in the green at the bottom. I wonder how can the milk and the slurry be in the green when they are at the bottom the way productivity and straw are at the bottom and those are in the red. I have no idea what is going on. It's obviously glitched. With the food, the percentages should have dropped by now and with conditions, the percentages should have gone up. Nothing is changing.
Just guessing a few things here, you mention you rode your horses and the cleanliness is at 0%. Did you brush your horses after you rode them? As you had to in fs19.

With the cows, as has been mentioned, the percentage figures shown are the productivity you get from that kind of food. If the bars are empty I suspect it’s because you haven’t given them any food or they have eaten what you have given them. Which is probably why they aren’t producing anything and their productivity is still at 0%.

I genuinely find it hard to believe that you haven’t tried putting food & straw in the pens though, as you had to do that in all previous versions.

Also may be worth checking if you want milk, that you haven’t bought beef cows instead of dairy cows.

Or of course it could just be that everything in the game is bugged, although I have had cows, sheep and horses and they seem to work fine for me. Still haven’t got round to trying pigs so can’t comment on them.

Mr Sealyp did some pretty decent guides to animals at launch time. A few things have changed such as in his video there was no difference between beef and dairy cows, but they will still do a good job of explaining things like how to feed the animals for you.
That part about my cows, I gave them hay, straw and TMR and it won't let me add anymore and my cows are not eating any of it.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

OrcaAmity wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:15 am
That part about my cows, I gave them hay, straw and TMR and it won't let me add anymore and my cows are not eating any of it.
Well as you have said in the other post on this, you only bought them a few days ago. You didn’t say how many you bought so unless you are checking the litre amount on the TMR it’s hard to see if they are eating as the bars barely move. And to be honest, they don’t eat a lot, especially if you only have a few cows in a big barn.

Also you don’t need to give them straw if you are giving them TMR as TMR gives them 100% of what they need. And while there is TMR in the feed trough, the hay won’t go down anyway as they will only eat the TMR until it runs out, then they will start in the hay.