Older equipment

xxukuxx

Older equipment

Post by xxukuxx »

I'd love to see some older equipment on the console modhub, foragers, trailers drills, always bugs me to run a small farm with medium size old tractors that have to pull modern equipment and use massive new foragers.
Also does anyone else find some of the equipment isn't the best scale, as in tractor size to tanker size for example.. Idk maybe just me
Beanbrother

Re: Older equipment

Post by Beanbrother »

It is a tough thing for us console folk to deal with. I agree with you it would be awesome to have older press drills and air seeder equipment. I know I heard BC Buehler talking about doing some old-school air drills, in the 30-50 foot range.. but it would be this winter he said.
I struggle with pulling the new equipment with old-school iron. Things seem to be out of scale in my mind as far as horsepower requirement
eric21

Post by eric21 »

There loads of older equipment on consoles
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

Not just machines. Mod buildings have scale issues, too.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

There's almost an older mod in every single category....
humbe

Post by humbe »

Haven't checked lately, but when I did I found far less than I wanted to. Of the few promising ones I found, several had issues and didn't really work out. As have been suggested before, would be really cool if one could start a scenario back in time, and new equipment got introduced when they were launched in the real world. Too little old equipment for that though.

Maybe someone should start a list to keep old gear within various categories.. I tried to make one in FS19 back in the day ;)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

eric21 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:33 am There loads of older equipment on consoles
Yeah
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:28 am
eric21 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:33 am There loads of older equipment on consoles
Yeah
Hello, there, Sir Chedley. 😁

I see some equipment from the 60s to 70s. When I play something like a “survival” map where there is, pretty much, nothing to start, I think “ old homestead”. I think of the 40s, 50s, or even earlier. Am I missing something?

I know I’m an odd old bird, but I wish there was more of it.

The upside is that, after 7 years, I’m finally starting to like big fields and equipment, too. Of course, part of that is I’ve, finally learned to log and use the big stuff.

I’d just like to roll play a game starting in the early to mid 20th century and slowly move it to present day.

I, truly, am an odd old bird. We’re I to be a real fowl, I’m sure I’d have purple feathers with an orange tail.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

For me it's more of having the option for certain. Little tasks. The biggest of farms around me still have at the very least 40 series sized rigs for certain jobs. Most of the farmall H units are now show pieces or dare I say "Gravity Wagon" haulers lol. I'm content with what we have so far. I dont need to "homestead start from scratch with antiques " roleplay. If I were to jump into farming next week in real.life, I wouldnt start out with much of that small stuff and I dont need to in game. If I truly had to play that way I would definitely have bought a PC for that style. Many many more mods out for that style on PC sad to say
FTF
SimulatedFarmer

Yep. I do know I’m odd and I’m not holding my breath for the old and small stuff. It’s still enjoyable.
SimulatedFarmer

Yep. I do know I’m odd and I’m not holding my breath for the old and small stuff. It’s still enjoyable.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:19 am ..."Gravity Wagon" ...
Reported
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:02 am
Reported
I don't know you or the poster, but why was this reporter?....all he said was "gravity wagon"
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Decriptus wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:08 pm
Reported
I don't know you or the poster, but why was this reporter?....all he said was "gravity wagon"
It’s a joke. Chedley had a ‘vendetta’ against Giants trying to get a gravity wagon made in game.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Reported
You know I want a wagon too dude lol
FTF