Stone Picker

Rasping rabbit

Re: Stone Picker

Post by Rasping rabbit »

OrcaAmity wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:29 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:14 pm
OrcaAmity wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:55 pm
What's that supposed to mean?
Just a lot of people blame problems down to the game being broken. Just a joke.
With what I've mentioned here and elsewhere at this forum.

With the stone picker. I went to one of my fields that has stones showing. I unfolded the stone picker, I lowered it, I turned it on and it's picking up nothing. How can I be doing something wrong? The game is glitching with that.
You didn’t say what stage the field was at. That’s what you could be doing wrong. Not going to keep going on about animals as they all have separate threads already.

As I said earlier, the stone picker won’t work after seeding as I am fairly sure in real life you wouldn’t drag a stone picker across a freshly planted field anyway.

Maybe answering the questions people are asking when they try to help you may be a good way forward instead of listing all the things you can’t get to work repeatedly. In case you hadn’t noticed, people are trying to help.
Mwal

Re: Stone Picker

Post by Mwal »

humbe wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:07 pm Yes.. Probably real life reason why it is like it is.. But then in RL if you bought a field with already growing stuff, it probably wouldn't contain 10 tons of stones above ground..

Maybe the "fix" would just be to say that the AI is good at removing stones, so when you buy a field it is always virtually stoneless. Thus you don't need to pick stones before you actually do some kind of work that makes stones appear..
I think the underlying issue is buying a planted field, that’s the strange part to me anyway. But as an example we bought a field about 25 years ago that was neglected when it came to picking rock and it’s on a gravel ridge. It took about 20 years before that field was to the point where I would say we caught up to picking rocks and it equaled out to the rest of the farm in time we spent picking each year. I remember telling my old man I thought he was insane haha, somewhat ironically now I own it and it was the first piece of land I bought from him when he got cancer.