Stone Picker

OrcaAmity

Stone Picker

Post by OrcaAmity »

In FS 22, why is the stone picker not picking up any stones? I wonder how many more problems am I going to run into in this game.
Drmattymd

Re: Stone Picker

Post by Drmattymd »

Do you have stones turned on? Does the field say it has stones that need removed? Do you have the stone picker turned on? Do you have the stone picker lowered?
Playing on PC and PS4
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:29 am Do you have stones turned on? Does the field say it has stones that need removed? Do you have the stone picker turned on? Do you have the stone picker lowered?
... and also Do you own the field you try to pick stones up ?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

OrcaAmity wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:45 am I wonder how many more problems am I going to run into in this game.
I’m fairly sure you are going to run into lots, although it’s hard to say if they will be the game causing the issue.

Stones can only be picked off the field after tillage has been done. So if you are trying before that or after seeding, that is your problem. Also as has been mentioned, it must be your field, silvers must be turned on. And just to cover other obvious things, don’t forget to turn in the picker and lower it.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:15 pm
OrcaAmity wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:45 am I wonder how many more problems am I going to run into in this game.
I’m fairly sure you are going to run into lots, although it’s hard to say if they will be the game causing the issue.
What's that supposed to mean?
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:29 am Do you have stones turned on? Does the field say it has stones that need removed? Do you have the stone picker turned on? Do you have the stone picker lowered?
Yes, I unfolded, it, yes, I lowered it and yes I turned it on. Also, there's no setting to turn stones on and off and I see stones so they are obviously on.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Fatlizard wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:01 am
... and also Do you own the field you try to pick stones up ?
I own all the fields.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

OrcaAmity wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:57 pm
Yes, I unfolded, it, yes, I lowered it and yes I turned it on. Also, there's no setting to turn stones on and off and I see stones so they are obviously on.
The setting is in the game options and is called ‘fieldstones’

If they were already there before it was turned off then they stay there but don’t cause any problems, but you also can’t pick them. May be worth checking. I think it’s on the same page as turning weeds off.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

OrcaAmity wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:55 pm
Just a lot of people blame problems down to the game being broken. Just a joke.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Is that you farmboss? Are you just messing with us, if so it was a pretty good one if not I don’t really know what to say.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:14 pm
OrcaAmity wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:55 pm
Just a lot of people blame problems down to the game being broken. Just a joke.
With what I've mentioned here and elsewhere at this forum.

With the stone picker. I went to one of my fields that has stones showing. I unfolded the stone picker, I lowered it, I turned it on and it's picking up nothing. How can I be doing something wrong? The game is glitching with that.

With my cows, I fed them Total Mixed Ration to the max where I can't add anymore that shows as 100% but the percentage line is 0% in the red. I fed them hay where it won't let me fed them more hay where is somehow shows 80% and the percentage line is at 0% in the red and it won't let me feed them more grass where that somehow shows 40% and the percentage line is at 0% in the red and I've had my cows for nearly a week in real-life time and I mean real-life time in real-life, not real-life in the game. Anyway, my cows are eating nothing and obviously they are producing nothing. Their health is 0% in the red and their age is going up. With what I explained, how can I have done anything wrong? The game is glitched. Just like the same is happening with my horses under Food My sheep are fine. I got my cows first and when I got my horses the day after, I never had to feed my horses because it shown them as already fed as if the food for my cows carried over to my horses. How can I have done something wrong? The game is glitched with that.

One day I bought the seeder, Amazone. Citan 1500-C and it doesn't work. It doesn't work. It's sowing and fertilizing nothing. It works fine in FS 19 but it's not working in FS 22. How can I be doing something wrong. The game is glitched with that.

Another thing. I wonder why am I being charged more money for leasing the train for using it for much shorter times and I'm being charged less money for using it longer. One time I skipped my game from August to June the following year and I forgot I was leasing the train. I thought I'd get charged about over $250,000 for accidently leasing it for ten months and I only got charged $55. Later I used it for a few minutes and I got charged $277. How does that work out? I know what I saw. The game is glitched with that.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

OrcaAmity wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:29 pm With the stone picker. I went to one of my fields that has stones showing. I unfolded the stone picker, I lowered it, I turned it on and it's picking up nothing. How can I be doing something wrong? The game is glitching with that.

With my cows, I fed them Total Mixed Ration to the max where I can't add anymore that shows as 100% but the percentage line is 0% in the red. I fed them hay where it won't let me fed them more hay where is somehow shows 80% and the percentage line is at 0% in the red and it won't let me feed them more grass where that somehow shows 40% and the percentage line is at 0% in the red and I've had my cows for nearly a week in real-life time and I mean real-life time in real-life, not real-life in the game. Anyway, my cows are eating nothing and obviously they are producing nothing. Their health is 0% in the red and their age is going up. With what I explained, how can I have done anything wrong? The game is glitched. Just like the same is happening with my horses under Food My sheep are fine. I got my cows first and when I got my horses the day after, I never had to feed my horses because it shown them as already fed as if the food for my cows carried over to my horses. How can I have done something wrong? The game is glitched with that.

One day I bought the seeder, Amazone. Citan 1500-C and it doesn't work. It doesn't work. It's sowing and fertilizing nothing. It works fine in FS 19 but it's not working in FS 22. How can I be doing something wrong. The game is glitched with that.

Another thing. I wonder why am I being charged more money for leasing the train for using it for much shorter times and I'm being charged less money for using it longer. One time I skipped my game from August to June the following year and I forgot I was leasing the train. I thought I'd get charged about over $250,000 for accidently leasing it for ten months and I only got charged $55. Later I used it for a few minutes and I got charged $277. How does that work out? I know what I saw. The game is glitched with that.
4x the game got glitched with that. Hmzz 🤔

Btw if you rent a train for 10 months, ofcourse you pay 250.000 as you pay 1000 an hour.
humbe

Post by humbe »

As someone mentioned above, I'm guessing you're not able to pick up stones because the field is in the wrong state.. Which is kind of confusing and annoying..

I just bought a field here that I'm considering to plow up to be able to get rid of the stones.. My seeder also cultivates, so picking up stones after cultivation but before seeding is not an option with that seeder. Would be nice if it was possible after harvest too, or at least gave an error message as to why not..
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

My best guess is rock pickers traditionally don’t work well with loads of trash on the field and at the point of seeding you don’t want to be digging up fields spreading and uncovering seed. Any picking after seeding is usually done by hand with the rock put on a trailer that fits between rows. Rocks are also brought to the surface by tillage after the freeze thaw cycle brings them to the surface so that’s probably another reason. But yeah a message saying you can’t do that in this state would be helpful
humbe

Post by humbe »

Yes.. Probably real life reason why it is like it is.. But then in RL if you bought a field with already growing stuff, it probably wouldn't contain 10 tons of stones above ground..

Maybe the "fix" would just be to say that the AI is good at removing stones, so when you buy a field it is always virtually stoneless. Thus you don't need to pick stones before you actually do some kind of work that makes stones appear..