Series S - All mods deleted after game update

deerefarm

Re: Series S - All mods deleted after game update

Post by deerefarm »

don_apple wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:50 am This is now documented in the official announcement for Patch 1.6: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=192710 (see the section Xbox specific change/warning)
That's fantastic. They snuck in a warning a day late and a dollar short. This should have been something that was announced before the change was made so players would have had an idea of what's going on. And by snuck in the info I mean there's no mention that the post was edited, it's made to look like it was part of the original post.....
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

deerefarm wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am
don_apple wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:50 am This is now documented in the official announcement for Patch 1.6: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=192710 (see the section Xbox specific change/warning)
That's fantastic. They snuck in a warning a day late and a dollar short. This should have been something that was announced before the change was made so players would have had an idea of what's going on. And by snuck in the info I mean there's no mention that the post was edited, it's made to look like it was part of the original post.....
I guess you missed the post where it was said Microsoft that did it and not Giants. I am guessing if they didn’t inform Giants it was going to happen, they may not have mentioned the consequences.
Last edited by Rasping rabbit on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:24 am
I guess you missed the bit where it was Microsoft that did it and not Giants. I am guessing if they didn’t inform Giants it was going to happen, they may not have mentioned the consequences.
I don't see the part where it says that microsoft added it. They are saying WE added it in that post.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:26 am

I guess you missed the bit where it was Microsoft that did it and not Giants. I am guessing if they didn’t inform Giants it was going to happen, they may not have mentioned the consequences.
I don't see the part where it says that microsoft added it. They are saying WE added it in that post.
I was referring to the post above from Noraf and what Giants have mentioned on their upcoming podcast about how Microsoft didn’t make them aware until it happened.

I have edited my post to make it clearer, thanks for pointing it out 👍🏻
Last edited by Rasping rabbit on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:30 am
Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:26 am

I was referring to the post above from Noraf and what Giants have mentioned on their upcoming podcast about how Microsoft didn’t make them aware until it happened.
Ah alright, sorry misunderstood you then 😉

But what i think happened is that giants just forgot to put something in the patchnotes AGAIN. (Like they did with the palletlimit) and now trying to find a way out after seeing all those negative comments.

Im happy we got 8gb modspace, and I think it's a fair trade having to install the mods again. Finally i dont have to remove and install mods over and over when loading a new savegame.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:34 am

But what i think happened is that giants just forgot to put something in the patchnotes again. (Like they did with the palletlimit) and now trying to find a way out after seeing all those negative comments.
I don’t. A lot of console players have been complaining about this issue since launch. I think had they known it was happening they would have shouted about it as it was a big win from an Xbox user point of view. Even with the slight inconvenience of having to install mods again.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:38 am

But what i think happened is that giants just forgot to put something in the patchnotes again. (Like they did with the palletlimit) and now trying to find a way out after seeing all those negative comments.
I don’t. A lot of console players have been complaining about this issue since launch. I think had they known it was happening they would have shouted about it as it was a big win from an Xbox user point of view. Even with the slight inconvenience of having to install mods again.
Like i said, im happy i have now 8gb, and I dont mind installing the mods again. But a notice before would've been nice!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:44 am
Like i said, im happy i have now 8gb, and I dont mind installing the mods again. But a notice before would've been nice!
I agree, it’s a minor inconvenience for what we are getting in return. Unfortunately, as seems to be the way in the FS community, a lot of people seem to like focusing on the negatives and completely ignoring the positives. You are one of the few that have actually said how good it is the limit has been increased.
crash

Post by crash »

If you cant remeber your mods buy looking at the mod name and picture in the modhub, maybe you have too many mods👀😁

The only issue i can see are gamechanging mods that are taken of modhub, but i dont think we have any atm. And if i loose my minons weight its no big deal..... (it was on fs19 consoles for a while....)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:04 pm
I agree, it’s a minor inconvenience for what we are getting in return. Unfortunately, as seems to be the way in the FS community, a lot of people seem to like focusing on the negatives and completely ignoring the positives. You are one of the few that have actually said how good it is the limit has been increased.
Thank you, and hopefully more people will realise it during the next days. I think the shock/surprise was to big when they released all their mods were gone. Hopefully after it sunk down a bit they will appreciate it.👍🏻✌🏻
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

It's known to developers that mod space on XBOX cannot be expanded, and that it needs to be wiped before creating a larger partition.
Giants knew it would happen, and forgot to warn players prior to release and in the original patch notes.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:48 pm

It's known to developers that mod space on XBOX cannot be expanded, and that it needs to be wiped before creating a larger partition.
Giants knew it would happen, and forgot to warn players prior to release and in the original patch notes.
In similar fashion to how they "forgot" too mention the pallet limit in the patch notes when that happened.
JamP

Post by JamP »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:04 pm
You are not entirely sure, we who play on the console can not save our map folder or mod, so we are at the mercy of unwanted changes.
I, for one, had many hundreds of hours on the map of Western Wilds. When the map update came out recently, it required a new save. I was satisfied with the map and haven't updated it since. I didn't want to waste all those hundreds of hours on the map.
Today, I did not even install the map again so the disappointment of being forced to update it.
Not everyone plays the same way. Losing the mods wasn't a good thing, even in exchange for twice the space. I used only 3gb. So what may be good for many, still affect some.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

JamP wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:35 pm had many hundreds of hours on the map of Western Wilds. When the map update came out recently, it required a new save. I was satisfied with the map and haven't updated it since. I didn't want to waste all those hundreds of hours on the map.
You are saying you didn't update the map but on console don't you have to update in order to be able to play the map?(Correct me if im wrong)
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:42 pm
JamP wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:35 pm had many hundreds of hours on the map of Western Wilds. When the map update came out recently, it required a new save. I was satisfied with the map and haven't updated it since. I didn't want to waste all those hundreds of hours on the map.
You are saying you didn't update the map but on console don't you have to update in order to be able to play the map?(Correct me if im wrong)
You have to update the game as it won’t load otherwise, but you don’t have to update mods, you can keep on using out dated mods.