Series S - All mods deleted after game update

Rasping rabbit

Re: Series S - All mods deleted after game update

Post by Rasping rabbit »

CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:48 pm
It's known to developers that mod space on XBOX cannot be expanded, and that it needs to be wiped before creating a larger partition.
Giants knew it would happen, and forgot to warn players prior to release and in the original patch notes.
Giants may have known it was going to happen, and what the consequences were, however they are saying they weren’t informed when it would happen as it took them by surprise too.

I’m fairly sure that had giants at some point in the past said ‘hey guys, this will happen at some point in the future but we don’t know when’ then it would have made no difference at all to the players a few weeks later when it happened. They still would have reacted in the same way. ‘Well, you were warned’ would not have made them any happier.

None of us can say for sure if Microsoft informed Giants of the date it would happen, so we just have to accept the situation for what it is and move on. It’s a different situation than knowing that Giants have changed things without letting us know (pallet limit for example)
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:55 pm
Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:42 pm
JamP wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:35 pm had many hundreds of hours on the map of Western Wilds. When the map update came out recently, it required a new save. I was satisfied with the map and haven't updated it since. I didn't want to waste all those hundreds of hours on the map.
You are saying you didn't update the map but on console don't you have to update in order to be able to play the map?(Correct me if im wrong)
You have to update the game as it won’t load otherwise, but you don’t have to update mods, you can keep on using out dated mods.
Ah okay, didn't know that thnx, really thought you HAD to update the map/mods
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:03 pm
Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:42 pm

You are saying you didn't update the map but on console don't you have to update in order to be able to play the map?(Correct me if im wrong)
You have to update the game as it won’t load otherwise, but you don’t have to update mods, you can keep on using out dated mods.
We were not talking about mod updates or game updates. I asked about MAP updates
A map is a mod, they work the same way. You don’t have to update them if you don’t want to.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:05 pm
Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:03 pm

We were not talking about mod updates or game updates. I asked about MAP updates
A map is a mod, they work the same way. You don’t have to update them if you don’t want to.
I already edited my reply before you replied back, got confused for a second
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:01 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:48 pm
It's known to developers that mod space on XBOX cannot be expanded, and that it needs to be wiped before creating a larger partition.
Giants knew it would happen, and forgot to warn players prior to release and in the original patch notes.
Giants may have known it was going to happen, and what the consequences were, however they are saying they weren’t informed when it would happen as it took them by surprise too.

I’m fairly sure that had giants at some point in the past said ‘hey guys, this will happen at some point in the future but we don’t know when’ then it would have made no difference at all to the players a few weeks later when it happened. They still would have reacted in the same way. ‘Well, you were warned’ would not have made them any happier.

None of us can say for sure if Microsoft informed Giants of the date it would happen, so we just have to accept the situation for what it is and move on. It’s a different situation than knowing that Giants have changed things without letting us know (pallet limit for example)

They would have been informed of when.

Even if they forgot when, they could have still told players it was going to happen, since they had to at least know that.