Passenger Paywall will break MP servers

drsteeeve

Passenger Paywall will break MP servers

Post by drsteeeve »

I am a huge fan of Farm sim and have played for YEARS, but right now I am majorly pi** off that the ability to have passengers is being put behind a paywall...
I have the season pass so I have the DLC, Great, but why should the ability to have passengers in ALL vehicles be dependant on buying a brand specific DLC, loads of people are not going to care about having the Kubota brand DLC and so they are going to miss out on the passenger ability in ALL vehicles.....
Those of us running a multiplayer server cant activate a DLC like this and expect everyone to pay £10 for it just for a feature like that.
Passengers should have been a feature added with 1.6 end of discussion.
This is just a ploy to force people to download a brand specific DLC as it has core multiplayer features tied to it........
Mwal

Re: Passenger Paywall will break MP servers

Post by Mwal »

I agree that it should have been a base game feature, and let’s be honest, it should have been a base game feature several releases ago. But I think it’s going to be this way going forward whether we like it or not because the big worldwide brands are coming to the end and giants is eventually going to have to go a different route to make dlc worth purchasing.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I dont see the issue here. Nothing is different if DLC is enabled on the server or on a hosted MP session then all who join must have the DLC to play. Been this way for as long as MP has existed. If Kubota isn't active on the server then its not active that is that. This might be the first time having a DLC extends some additional level of functionally to some base game vehicles but in no way does this break MP servers. As with every DLC beforehand anyone who wishes to play in an MP session with DLC active must own the DLC. If you have one player who does not own any DLC then that DLC needs to be deactivated from the server.
drsteeeve

Post by drsteeeve »

The point is that they are combining one MP specific game play feature with a load of branded expansion vehicles.
Its not fair to say here is a new feature but if you want it you MUST purchase a load of vehicles that you may not have wanted otherwise.
Its like COD selling a load of cosmetics for £15 and also one gameplay feature, its just blatent extorsion to make people buy the DLC who wouldnt have otherwise.

Make a MP DLC with this and some other MP features, so people who love playing MP and want all the features can buy it if they want.
Just dont combine things like cosmetics, vehicles, maps, gameplay in to one DLC.
Especially as MP servers either have the DLC activated or not and this blocks people playing if they dont have it.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Let’s also clarify something about the Passenger Feature of the game, it only allows players to ride passenger in UTVs, Cars and Trucks. It does not allow people to ride passenger in tractors, it does not allow people to ride passenger in combines. So you have to ask in general gameplay and in multiplayer, how many times are you in a scenario where you are driving a car, truck or mahindra type vehicle and need a passenger? I would guess most players when playing multiplayer are in tractors or combines and doing work and tasks, that have no need for or benefit from a player sitting next to them in the same vehicle. So having the Kubota DLC enabled or not in multiplayer really comes down to how badly do people want to use those tractors and equipment on the map, not whether it allows passenger mode or not. For me as a server admin, Kubota DLC is not enabled because there is not a single tractor in that dlc that offers something not already covered by equipment in the game or available as mods. There is no large or high HP tractors in this pack which make them useless for 99% of the maps I’m going to play on which have large fields, large tools and require big powerful machines to get the work done efficiently. Unless I play on a Small Farm style map, using 3m tools I don’t see me using any Kubotas.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
drsteeeve

Post by drsteeeve »

The one point you are missing is that, at least currently, the ability to have passengers in any vehicle is limited to having the DLC installed, mod makers and Giant can also add the ability to other vehicles, no reason to imagine that combines and tractors will not be able to be modded to have this added, but still with the way the feature is currently implemented you would still need the DLC for the passenger feature, regardless of the vehicle.
I think this is a problem.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

I'm just wondering whats next? Not being able to spray fields unless you buy a DLC? Not being able to have cows or chickens unless you buy a certain DLC?
For a price tag that this game has it really underdelivers. And now they want extra for some feature that used to be free?
Oh how it would be funny if a proper company started developing a farming sim game, GS would make brownies in their panties.
drsteeeve

Post by drsteeeve »

I can half see how they might of thought that the Kubota vehicles have more seats so launching it at the same time makes sense, but it shoudl have been in the 1.6 patch. Think in the next 12-24 months this DLC will always be a requirement for passengers in any car or tractor, madness.
DLC should always be optional items, maps, cars, tools, not core gameplay mechanics!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Quite honestly the passenger script is utterly useless 99% of the time.

Having spent several years playing on Dedi servers and using the mod passenger script which we had added to all our vehicles, even then the amount of times we used it was tiny.

This game feature is an incredibly niche feature that the game could easily survive without.

The Kubota DLC is worth getting far more for it's vehicles and equipment than it's gameplay feature.

Plus we don't know if GIANTS may add this feature as standard in the Platinum Expansion this November.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

drsteeeve wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:42 pm ...snipp....

Make a MP DLC with this and some other MP features, so people who love playing MP and want all the features can buy it if they want.
...snipp....
drsteeeve wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:58 pm ...snipp.....
DLC should always be optional items, maps, cars, tools, not core gameplay mechanics!
Make up your mind can you? (The underlining is done by me)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
drsteeeve

Post by drsteeeve »

Ideally not part of a dlc, but if you really have to and the work warrants an extra charge then make them part of a bundle or standalone DLC that makes sense, Jesus, surly that was obvious!
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Maybe Kubota came up with this idea as they had a 4 person UTV. And they had to make it part of the DLC because of Kubota....you never know....🤔