Test Run/Drive Equipment?

Drew39

Test Run/Drive Equipment?

Post by Drew39 »

Is this an option outside of buying/leasing something? I don't think it is but thought I would ask anyway.
EUROFARMER22

Re: Test Run/Drive Equipment?

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

No, there isn't. You'll have to either buy it or lease it.
Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Drew39

Post by Drew39 »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:22 pm No, there isn't. You'll have to either buy it or lease it.
Happy Farming *thumbsup*
Thanks for the response. Should be an option though don't you think?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I like to have a save specifically for testing equipment, cheat in a bunch of money and then buy and make sure whatever I’m getting works the way I’d wanted it to
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Drew39 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:47 pm Thanks for the response. Should be an option though don't you think?
I do it exactly like Mwal said above me here.
I do it with testing all mods before I place them in my actual game. That's how I test to see if animal pens/factories etc works fine without issues.
Drew39

Post by Drew39 »

Great idea Mwal and Zero76.....will be setting that up tonight! Thanks for the great tip!
humbe

Post by humbe »

Also for this I can recommend the Store Deliveries mod when doing this:

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... _id=227933

So you can buy the equipment where you want to test it and save time driving to/from shops when testing..
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Other than what Mwal suggested, the next option would be to get lucky and find a contract that uses whatever you're looking for. A test drive feature would be a nice add though.
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:59 pm I like to have a save specifically for testing equipment, cheat in a bunch of money and then buy and make sure whatever I’m getting works the way I’d wanted it to
Exactly what I’ve done/do since I started playing the game with 19.Also handy for landscaping(but turning auto save off helps).What I’d like is the option to buy the machines you lease.Say a minimum of a weeks lease and you could then have the option to purchase.Only as I like to accumulate hours on my machines😂
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Other option in your main save: turn of automatic saving, buy or lease the equipment you want to test. If you like then save, if not, quit the game without saving.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

nsp32 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:26 pm
Exactly what I’ve done/do since I started playing the game with 19.Also handy for landscaping(but turning auto save off helps).What I’d like is the option to buy the machines you lease.Say a minimum of a weeks lease and you could then have the option to purchase.Only as I like to accumulate hours on my machines😂
That’s also realistic. We rent machines and the rent is taken off the purchase price fairly often if we decide to buy.
Drew39

Post by Drew39 »

nsp32 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:26 pm
Mwal wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:59 pm I like to have a save specifically for testing equipment, cheat in a bunch of money and then buy and make sure whatever I’m getting works the way I’d wanted it to
I've always thought this would be a good feature too.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

I'd like the option to rent equipment rather than lease. Much cheaper to rent something you plan on using only occasionally.
raran

Post by raran »

jeremyj621 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:48 am I'd like the option to rent equipment rather than lease. Much cheaper to rent something you plan on using only occasionally.
The way leasing works ingame it actually should be called renting, not leasing. Good point.