Fish and mead

Gingerbones

Fish and mead

Post by Gingerbones »

Hi,
Ive just purchased the game and have a lot to learn but when i'm at a stage that i understand the controls and running of the game i would like to try fish farming and mead production.
I think with some of the maps that have good sized lakes the fish farming would be great and i believe you can get honey in the sim so would making mead be possible?
Are there any good mods for these 2 activities in fs22
Many thanks
Rasping rabbit

Re: Fish and mead

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Welcome to the game! Unfortunately though, there is no fish farming or Mead production in the game and I don’t recall seeing mods to introduce either, although you may find some on external websites.

I don’t think I have ever seen anyone suggest fish farming before to be honest, so that’s a new one. With the Mead production, Giants won’t introduce any alcohol related productions to keep the games age rating down, the same for things like tobacco and hemp farming.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

A mod called Fishfarming was on the PC testinglist June 28th. (Don't know if it was coming to console as well need to wait and see) So might see that next weeks.
Last edited by Zero76Gaming on Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:08 pm
As for meat,
Mead, not meat. Mead is a honey based alcoholic drink, referred to as honey wine. In my experience it’s quite sweet and not very pleasant, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mead
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:21 pm
Zero76Gaming wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:08 pm
As for meat,
Mead, not meat. Mead is a honey based alcoholic drink, referred to as honey wine. In my experience it’s quite sweet and not very pleasant, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mead
Thnx for the info. My bad for misunderstanding.
Gingerbones

Post by Gingerbones »

Thanks for the info
Zero76 where can i find the info regarding fishfarm on the test list so i can keep a watch for it coming out.
I think the potential for this mod could be great.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Gingerbones wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:34 pm Thanks for the info
Zero76 where can i find the info regarding fishfarm on the test list so i can keep a watch for it coming out.
I think the potential for this mod could be great.
Here is a link to the testinglist.
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=140422

Remember when you see it on the testinglist it will take some time to get through the stages of testing. So when it's in there it might take a couple of days to get released, when offcourse it passed testing. When it failed it is getting sent back to the modder to fix and then he needs to submit it again for testing.