When to do what is gone?

JROC

When to do what is gone?

Post by JROC »

I popped FS22 back into the old Series X after getting tired of Sniper Elite 5 for the last month or so and found that the last update made it where I had to redownload all the mods and whatnot. Okay with all that re-downloaded I find that the map no longer says that you need put lime on the field, or doodoo, or whatever. It will say if a field needs to be rolled or whatnot, but I'm trying to make fields in No Mans Land, and am flying blind. It has this soil analysis thing, but after liming the field they don't change colors to say what's next or even offer colors to indicate when to fertilize. Do you plow after lime, or put down fertilizer, and then plow, what if you no till, etc?

These brown fields are new fields I made that have only been limed:
thecaveman991

Re: When to do what is gone?

Post by thecaveman991 »

Based on your screen shot you
a) Have Lime Required set to Off
b) Have just created the field hence Plowing is done
c) Because you have plowed the field you will not get weeds his cycle

Ensure that Field info is switched on and simply walk up to the field.
JROC

Post by JROC »

Theoretically I think you should be correct, but not sure if you are. I always played with the lime setting on. The map would tell you that you need to lime, fertilize, plow, roll, etc? I'm not even sure what the brown color is telling me. It's like it's in limbo.

Anyway I was thinking that you were right about the lime requirement being turned off, thinking maybe in the update something happened, but unless I'm wrong shouldn't the lime setting be in this part of the settings? I can't find where to change the lime settings anywhere in the menu. It seems to have disappeared from the settings, so maybe something did happen during the last XBOX update.?.?

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

It’s not showing that lime is required as it looks like you have precision farming installed, so you need to check the ph levels on the next menu option. Having PF installed changes a few of the options on the standard menu.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

JROC wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:07 pm shouldn't the lime setting be in this part of the settings?
Euhmz, yeah it should be there. 🤔🤔🤔
Interesting, im gonna do a test, BRB haha
JROC

Post by JROC »

I'm thinking Rasping Rabbit is correct. I'm trying to figure out what's going on, and am looking aroung google for the answer, and apparently I now have this Precision Farming mod.?.?.? I guess I downloaded it when I was redoing all my lost mods. I didn't even know what it was, but it seems like a pain in the butt, unless you're a hardcore FS player, but I go between FS, RDR2, Sniper Elite 4 & 5, etc, and probably only spend 10-15 hours or so a week playing games, so I'm not sure that Precision Farming is something I want to learn.

I'm thinking I can reload the game at the start screen, and un-select it from my mods and that will get rid of it?
Last edited by JROC on Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

I just did a test and my feeling was right.

I started a new map without any mods, and the option to turn off lime is there.

I then again started the map with only Precision Farming installed. And that lime option is gone
JROC

Post by JROC »

Okay, thanks y'all. I just reloaded the game, and deselected Precision Farming, and now it back to how it was. I didn't even know what PF was until now. Lol

Really I still am not exactly sure what PF is, but maybe I'll research it some, and try it out some other time.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

your not on the PF page that shows lime
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Jay to the R O C, you can get some info about PF at viewtopic.php?f=876&t=190562