FS22 is too dark. Again.

Riven326

Re: FS22 is too dark. Again.

Post by Riven326 »

Bobble2020 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:52 pm Just a slight thing , with FS22 you now have seasons which changes the darkness or light inworld
Then everybody would have the problem because seasons is on by default.
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

Riven326 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:21 am
Bobble2020 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:52 pm Just a slight thing , with FS22 you now have seasons which changes the darkness or light inworld
Then everybody would have the problem because seasons is on by default.
Riven FF to the fall or winter, the shadows and lighting change with the seasons.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Actually although the lighting angle changes depending on the Season the actual contrast values don't change. They use the same values from the colorGrading.xml file every single day in Fs22. So the levels of gain in the contrast remain the same.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:36 am Actually although the lighting angle changes depending on the Season the actual contrast values don't change. They use the same values from the colorGrading.xml file every single day in Fs22. So the levels of gain in the contrast remain the same.
It's weird. Some maps look normal and others are too dark.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Riven326 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:29 pm It's weird. Some maps look normal and others are too dark.
This is down to the fact each map can use a custom colorGrading.xml file where you can adjust the saturation, contrast, gamma, and gain on a global level, shadows, midtones and highlights.

If you either reduce the contrast of the shadows, or up the gain of the shadows it causes the them to be lighter.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Riven326 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:23 am
Zero76Gaming wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:05 pm
Riven326 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:52 pm
Graphics card prices are beyond me.
Did you manage to take the screenshot BulletBill was asking for? If someone can tell what the issue is, it's him.

Do you got your xbox on hdr settings btw or?
Yes, I got one from each game. No, my tv does not support HDR.

Top is 19. Bottom is 22.
I have a series s and don't have this problem of course my tv is also hdr so that could be one of the problem
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:16 pm
Riven326 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:14 pm I suspect that this version, the Xbox version, of 22, suffers from some kind of gamma issue. It's happened in the past with Xbox titles. It hasn't happened in a while though.
My version, the xbox version, of 22, don't suffer from this. Works fine, looks fine, no issues.

When is the last time you cleared your xbox cache? As that might fix it.

It's strange that you are the only one with this issue.
I haven't seen any other complaints about it. Yeah, only once, the map Gelderland was to dark, but that was map related as the author have fixed it.
He did say his tv doesn't support hdr so that could be one issue there because I don't suffer that on my Xbox either of course I also have a 4k uhd that supports hdr to
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I don't see why hdr wound be an issue. Many tv's don't support hdr.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Just curious. Do you have any different brands of tvs at your place? My main tv that I play on is a Samsung that doesn’t have 4k. I’ve never had brightness issues on it. Every once in a while I’ll move it to a bigger 4k LG Tv, and while the graphics are more crisp and clear the game is definitely darker. I’m also on Xbox X
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

GrimGandalf wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:22 am Just curious. Do you have any different brands of tvs at your place? My main tv that I play on is a Samsung that doesn’t have 4k. I’ve never had brightness issues on it. Every once in a while I’ll move it to a bigger 4k LG Tv, and while the graphics are more crisp and clear the game is definitely darker. I’m also on Xbox X
I only have the one. One would assume that changing the xbox's resolution to 1080p would be the same thing. I did that and didn't notice any difference. Unless the issue is specific to the Series X version of the game. That's whay im going with at this point.
JamP

Post by JamP »

Riven326 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:13 pm
GrimGandalf wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:22 am Just curious. Do you have any different brands of tvs at your place? My main tv that I play on is a Samsung that doesn’t have 4k. I’ve never had brightness issues on it. Every once in a while I’ll move it to a bigger 4k LG Tv, and while the graphics are more crisp and clear the game is definitely darker. I’m also on Xbox X
I only have the one. One would assume that changing the xbox's resolution to 1080p would be the same thing. I did that and didn't notice any difference. Unless the issue is specific to the Series X version of the game. That's whay im going with at this point.
I have the same problem in Series S, it's so clear, even in brithness at 0.5 in the options I can't see on which equipment I'm selected changing in Y. I have to assume which equipment is selected to undock. Terrible.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

Same on PS5. I'm at a gamma setting of 1.4 and the shadows are still too dark. I had this problem also with FS19 at some mod maps that used "realistic lighting" settings.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer