starting with nothing

Gingerbones

starting with nothing

Post by Gingerbones »

Hi all,
I'm looking to start a game with no money or vehicles but seem to have hit a snag.
I followed a yt vid that was from farm sim 17 but looks like its pretty much the same. I found the section that shows how much starting money i have and changed it to 000000 from the 100000 and saved I couldnt find any fields i owned so left that as is and have not quite figured out how to remove owned vehicles yet.
However when i go back into the saved game file it still shows me having £100000 any idea what im doing wrong and how to fix?
The map i'm using is no mans land which is a downloadable.

Thanks
CoreyTr

Re: starting with nothing

Post by CoreyTr »

Sell everything you have, then edit the money out of your save file by setting it to 0.
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Or download the Power Tool mod from ModHub, makes it really easy to do what you’re trying.
cwhense

Post by cwhense »

In fs 22 there are 2 files you need to change the money in 1st one is careersavegame xml, the 2nd one is farms xml. to delete vechicles just delete the vechicle xml file or edit out the vechicles in it.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

@Gingerbones; Your premise is good but No Mans Land is not the best map for doing what you are trying to do. I would have chosen a map with contracts so I would have had a way to make money to begin with.

For No Mans Land you need at least a chainsaw and a way to haul cut trees to a sawmill.

MrSealyP has a lets play where he is on Western Wilds and has started with just a pickup, small trailer, chainsaw and one parcel of land. Watching his lets play might give you additional ideas on how to proceed.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Gingerbones

Post by Gingerbones »

I got it all sorted in the end thanks.
I decided to go along the route of arriving at the farm with a pickup and chainsaw.
I felt that a new farmer would probably arrive with a vehicle and most people have a chainsaw at home so i felt i was not cheating very much to get going
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Gingerbones wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:11 pm I got it all sorted in the end thanks.
I decided to go along the route of arriving at the farm with a pickup and chainsaw.
I felt that a new farmer would probably arrive with a vehicle and most people have a chainsaw at home so i felt i was not cheating very much to get going
Im wondering one thing tho Gingerbones. In the OP you say you don't own any field.
What do you wanna do with that chainsaw then as you can't do anything if you don't own the land?

I guess you can sell your truck, and with that money you can maybe buy land. Cuz you are gonna need it.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Gingerbones wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:55 pm
Also, I recommend you the mod Gamedifficulty: Survival
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
With this mod, no loans, no leasing, no sleep, no AI helpers etc. Since you want to start with nothing, maybe you should also use this survival mod. Is up to you.

Happpy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Set the economy to hard and flip a few tractors to simulate real life.