Re: Field Stones on NPC fields

Ermys

Re: Field Stones on NPC fields

Post by Ermys »

I would like to suggest adding "Field stone removal" contracts and allow NPCs to automatically clear their fields of stones, like they do with other functions.
(Alternatively, prevent stones from appearing on NPC-owned fields, but that sounds like it's harder to do programming-wise)

Right now, there is no feasible way of clearing stones from NPC fields without buying-clearing-selling. I don't want to disable the option, as I welcome the challenge. However, these stones make it a growing hazard to taking harvest contracts with your own equipment, as the stones would severely damage it.
JensChrDK

Re: Re: Field Stones on NPC fields

Post by JensChrDK »

From reading this, I'm guessing that your biggest wory is the damage the stones will do to your machines - they only "damage" the paint, your repair-o-meter doesn't decrease faster.
But yes, stone clearing contracts would be nice to see.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
humbe

Post by humbe »

For me the most important would be to be able to buy a field without always having to clear the whole field of large stones, which is very tedious with the limited tools for handling stones.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

If you don't want field stones in newly purchased fields, it's best to wait until there is a crop growing in the field or the field has just been harvested but before it's been cultivated to buy it. I'm not 100% certain, but I think NPC farmers clear the stones from their fields when planting.

Contracts to clear stones would be a nice addition.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

A lot of contract variations would be nice. Especially for us console people. I’m so underwhelmed by the contracts I don’t even bother.