Bloomfield, Canada

jeremyj621

Re: Bloomfield, Canada

Post by jeremyj621 »

rubberburner89 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:21 am
Beanbrother wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:05 pm So its 1 December and the canola is finally ready to go. Is this an East Coast thing? I’m from SK things are pretty frozen in December
In reality... no.The double crop calendar wasn't meant to be realistic.... it was meant to be something new, I thought people would enjoy. This being said things like this could be adjusted on my next map if enough people disliked it (IF I have another map in 22).
I'd like a more realistic crop calendar. That being said, this is my current favorite map. Excellent work!
Oddbob

Post by Oddbob »

rubberburner89 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:21 am
Beanbrother wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:05 pm So its 1 December and the canola is finally ready to go. Is this an East Coast thing? I’m from SK things are pretty frozen in December
In reality... no.The double crop calendar wasn't meant to be realistic.... it was meant to be something new, I thought people would enjoy. This being said things like this could be adjusted on my next map if enough people disliked it (IF I have another map in 22).
Really liking the map thus far. Wondered if you could make the roadways buy-able or own-able? I like to paint gravel along the side of the road and cutting the grass along the roadways, but with them not being owned you aren't allowed to do that.
LadyShadowstarr

Post by LadyShadowstarr »

I am new to FS22 (or any previous version to be honest). Since this map has come out, I absolutely love playing this game. I like the feeling of a map in my home country.

I was just wondering on a few things.

1) I noticed that I cannot remove buildings that are near fields 44-46. I haven't tried other locations. Will this be something you will be adding to in a map update? I went and thoroughly reviewed these areas as I know buildings with collectibles cannot be tampered with, but I found nothing that I remember.

2) I noticed I am unable to remove most trees also between those fields, nor can I use the chainsaw or tree cutter. Will this also be reviewed? (also haven't tried other locations - I go really slow in this map as I am enjoying it too much).

3) Can you please also place some Canadian Flags around? It will make it feel more homely. <3

Thank you,
LadyShadowstarr - Alberta
rubberburner89

Post by rubberburner89 »

LadyShadowstarr wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:29 am I am new to FS22 (or any previous version to be honest). Since this map has come out, I absolutely love playing this game. I like the feeling of a map in my home country.

I was just wondering on a few things.

1) I noticed that I cannot remove buildings that are near fields 44-46. I haven't tried other locations. Will this be something you will be adding to in a map update? I went and thoroughly reviewed these areas as I know buildings with collectibles cannot be tampered with, but I found nothing that I remember.

2) I noticed I am unable to remove most trees also between those fields, nor can I use the chainsaw or tree cutter. Will this also be reviewed? (also haven't tried other locations - I go really slow in this map as I am enjoying it too much).

3) Can you please also place some Canadian Flags around? It will make it feel more homely. <3

Thank you,
LadyShadowstarr - Alberta
1) No, every placeable object is increases slot count for console players.... not to mention, it's a ton of work, so it's unlikely to change on this map in FS22.

2) The trees you speak of should mostly belong to the farmland including field 44... I haven't had any trouble with any of the bigger trees, but due to the uneven terrain a forestry mulcher may be best for some of the smaller (bush-like) trees.

3)I tried to stick with Giants assets for the majority of the map... Unfortunately they don't have a Canadian Flag. That being said there is a placeable International Flag Pack on the Giants Mod Hub, available for all platforms. :biggrin2:

Hope this answers some of your questions.
Nothing Runs Like A Deere When It's Getting Chased By A Magnum
Oddbob

Post by Oddbob »

@rubberburner89

Really liking the map thus far. Wondered if you could make the roadways buy-able or own-able? I like to paint gravel along the side of the road and cutting the grass along the roadways, but with them not being owned you aren't allowed to do that.
Hummes79

Post by Hummes79 »

I like this map. But I have a problem (posted it in the german forum):

I don't know if this is due to PF (I also had these problems with the nitrogen) or the map.
Have started a new savegame on the new map Bloomfield, Canada. Harvested 2 crops, everything OK.
Then came the new PF update. Installed. Field (wheat) becomes ripe and withers immediately.
So all work again. Field flattened, reseeded, wheat ripens. And immediately withers again.
Thought so that the PF update has shot me the savegame.

So I started a completely new savegame and started directly with the PF update. Same problem. Corn (field 7, was already planted when buying the field) harvested, wheat reseeded, could be harvested uach. But the next crop then withers immediately.

Any suggestions?
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Wonder if the PF update messes with custom crop calendars?
FTF
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Really liking this map. One question though, when you start on new farmer, next to your house there's a blue thing sticking up out of the grass with what looks like a trigger for where you can unload. What is this please? I'm puzzled.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Is it the water post? 💦
crash

Post by crash »

Its a water well from what i could see, can probably get water there
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

chale8 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:18 pm Really liking this map. One question though, when you start on new farmer, next to your house there's a blue thing sticking up out of the grass with what looks like a trigger for where you can unload. What is this please? I'm puzzled.
Its the well head or cap (I hear it called both). That style is pretty common in rural Canada. You can get water there in game.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Thank you. *thumbsup*
Johnny Bronco

Post by Johnny Bronco »

Fantastic map Rubberburner. Thanks for all the effort you put into it. Does anyone know how you can remove the forest floor foliage. I cleared part of a forest to expand a field, but was unable to remove the small branches, grasses, and ferns. Tried mowing, plowing, cultivating, and all the various landscaping tools. Thanks
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

Johnny Bronco wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:05 pm Fantastic map Rubberburner. Thanks for all the effort you put into it. Does anyone know how you can remove the forest floor foliage. I cleared part of a forest to expand a field, but was unable to remove the small branches, grasses, and ferns. Tried mowing, plowing, cultivating, and all the various landscaping tools. Thanks
I usually find "painting" over it with the meadow grass under plants removes this.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

FWIW I like the doublecrop calender.