Bloomfield, Canada

Crashmac

Bloomfield, Canada

Post by Crashmac »

I'm really happy to see a Canadian map finally come to console, I grew up a couple of hours from there and it really feels like that area during my map tour. It even feels a little like Lone Oak to me which has been my favorite FS map so far. Big thanks to Rubberburner89!
chedly_farms

Re: Bloomfield, Canada

Post by chedly_farms »

Is it me, or do all machines seem to be floating a few inches off the ground?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I did not notice the vehicles floating. But I am having issues with the helper driving from A to B
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:50 pm Is it me, or do all machines seem to be floating a few inches off the ground?
I didn't notice that but it's always possible I'll keep an eye out for it now.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

I guess there is something needing edited on maps for ai helpers to drive. This would be the second map I've considered that driving seems futile.
FTF
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:47 pm I guess there is something needing edited on maps for ai helpers to drive. This would be the second map I've considered that driving seems futile.
It's been fine for me so far. Basic routes from farm to store or sell points all seem to work. I've even had 2 trucks going opposite ways down the same farm lane sort things out and make it to their destinations without the "Blocked by an object message"
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I bought the farm I think it’s the cattle yard. The helpers did not want to drive from the store to there.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I like this farm a lot. I, actually, was looking for an English smaller farm (console) to deep dive role playing as a new farmer. I’ve been watching Prime videos about this and was enchanted by the English countryside. I wanted something with a “survivalist” style with rudimentary farm and there HAD to be a village. The farm was pretty easy to find, but not the village and most were just too big. Bloomfield is seeming to be perfect. The only thing missing is people. I wonder if the modder would add them somewhere. I guess I’ll ask.

I’m writing an illustrated narrative of this map with a kind of “novella” tone. It’s for my husband, mostly. He doesn’t play FS, but loves to give me advice about things he thinks are part of the game (like goats). 🐐
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:50 pm Is it me, or do all machines seem to be floating a few inches off the ground?
After driving around a bit I did find a few small spots on the road where there is that illusion, some vehicles more that others.
rubberburner89

Post by rubberburner89 »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:51 pm I bought the farm I think it’s the cattle yard. The helpers did not want to drive from the store to there.
This is something that I should be able to fix in a future update, so thank you voiced for your concern. The main roads some (mostly wider) vehicles may struggle on with AI traffic enabled, purely because I chose a road network that is fairly narrow for a more realistic feel. But if there's any other areas that you feel AI could be improved, please feel free to let me know.
Nothing Runs Like A Deere When It's Getting Chased By A Magnum
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

rubberburner89 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:37 am
Beanbrother wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:51 pm I bought the farm I think it’s the cattle yard. The helpers did not want to drive from the store to there.
This is something that I should be able to fix in a future update, so thank you voiced for your concern. The main roads some (mostly wider) vehicles may struggle on with AI traffic enabled, purely because I chose a road network that is fairly narrow for a more realistic feel. But if there's any other areas that you feel AI could be improved, please feel free to let me know.
I know on the New Jersey map that just came out there’s issues with the power poles along the road and things colliding with them. Too bad there is a collision with them. I remember Welker In 19 AI guys could drive right through them.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Beanbrother wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:44 am I know on the New Jersey map that just came out there’s issues with the power poles along the road and things colliding with them. Too bad there is a collision with them. I remember Welker In 19 AI guys could drive right through them.
Why you telling him that? as you reply to him..
That isn't RubberBurner89's map tho 🤔
I did sent you a PM with info how to report that bug to the author.

RubberBurner89 is mentioning that he will fix/improve the AI behavior and you decide to go completely off topic by telling him issues you found on another map.

@BurnerRubber89 thank you for listening and looking forward to an update with improved AI 👍🏻
Last edited by Zero76Gaming on Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Crashmac wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:44 pm
Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:47 pm I guess there is something needing edited on maps for ai helpers to drive. This would be the second map I've considered that driving seems futile.
It's been fine for me so far. Basic routes from farm to store or sell points all seem to work. I've even had 2 trucks going opposite ways down the same farm lane sort things out and make it to their destinations without the "Blocked by an object message"
That's good to hear. Now that the map maker has chimed in on future updates to AI driving I'm more curious about trying this map out. I love Elmcreek but this map has a lot of Lone Oak vibe and connects with me from what I've seen. Thanks
FTF
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:47 am
Beanbrother wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:44 am I know on the New Jersey map that just came out there’s issues with the power poles along the road and things colliding with them. Too bad there is a collision with them. I remember Welker In 19 AI guys could drive right through them.
Why you telling him that? as you reply to him..
That isn't RubberBurner89's map tho 🤔
I did sent you a PM with info how to report that bug to the author.

RubberBurner89 is mentioning that he will fix/improve the AI behavior and you decide to go completely off topic by telling him issues you found on another map.

@BurnerRubber89 thank you for listening and looking forward to an update with improved AI 👍🏻
You must not have read that properly. I just commented that both maps have the same collision with powerline poles. I didn’t say it was his problem to fix. Appreciate the comment
Honkyfarmer_v1010

I'm loving the look of the custom climate and double cropping. Also ability to purchase property in town if I ever wanna get into productions. Never liked the idea of having to use my farmland for say , a bakery lol
FTF