Bloomfield, Canada

rubberburner89

Re: Bloomfield, Canada

Post by rubberburner89 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:50 pm Is it me, or do all machines seem to be floating a few inches off the ground?
I have heard your concern.... although I'm not quite sure how to fix this yet, I will exhaust my resources to find a fix before the next update.
Nothing Runs Like A Deere When It's Getting Chased By A Magnum
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:50 pm Is it me, or do all machines seem to be floating a few inches off the ground?
I watched Farmer Klein do his review and at times I thought the same as he was driving around.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

rubberburner89 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:03 am
I have heard your concern.... although I'm not quite sure how to fix this yet, I will exhaust my resources to find a fix before the next update.
The Subbie, who works with Mappers Paradise, was quite helpful to AJFarmer last game with his Indiana Map. I'm sure if you reached out on here, you might get a response. Although they are probably busy with Welker's Map. The Subbie has always been cool to me, so I hope he reads this and can maybe reach out if he has time.

I only noticed the discrepancy because they shadows didn't look correct on the vehicles, and I zoomed in and seen it. All in all it's a very nice map. I like the terrain changes. I like the forests throughout the map and how they border the fields. It's very realistic feeling. I hate jumping the gun, but it feels like the best NA map (in terms of immersion) on the modhub at the moment. So kudos to you.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

First thoughts regarding 'floating' vehicles, try removing the collisions on the road line markings i.e LinesAmericaCurve30mLeft10Opt5 they are not required as road mesh already has a collision.
Though exact map locations of incidents would help to solve the problem.
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

well, I agree that the map is great, and I especially like the layout of the felds, no crazy forms, just mostly square and sometimes a bit cut off. I wish we had more european maps with a PDA like this.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

rubberburner89 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:03 am I have heard your concern.... although I'm not quite sure how to fix this yet, I will exhaust my resources to find a fix before the next update.
Speaking of updates, while touring the map (which is really nice BTW) I found one small item out of place:

I'm not sure if you already knew about it. It is found at 1096, 178 in the northern gas station.

I'll definitely be playing this map for a while. Its nice to have some Canadian maps.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

TheSuBBie wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:56 pm First thoughts regarding 'floating' vehicles, try removing the collisions on the road line markings i.e LinesAmericaCurve30mLeft10Opt5 they are not required as road mesh already has a collision.
Though exact map locations of incidents would help to solve the problem.
Thanks Subbie. You are awesome!

SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I found the people. Thank you for telling me they were there. I hadn’t spent much time at any one place yesterday. I was just exploring.
rubberburner89

Post by rubberburner89 »

Found the issue with the vehicles appearing to "float"... Turns out it was a lighting issue which caused poor shadows which caused more of an optical illusion. This will be fixed in the next update. As well I have fixed the floating light.
Nothing Runs Like A Deere When It's Getting Chased By A Magnum
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

rubberburner89 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:40 pm Found the issue with the vehicles appearing to "float"... Turns out it was a lighting issue which caused poor shadows which caused more of an optical illusion. This will be fixed in the next update. As well I have fixed the floating light.
Good Deal, Thank You.

Duck_Hunter

Post by Duck_Hunter »

Love the map as a fellow Canadian. Only comment would be some Canadian flags, like at the firehall. :-)
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

It reminds me of Erie.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

The AI driver seems to be working better for me. If I send them from the farm to the store as long as I click on the field just south of the store they will go. If I click on the road they don’t seem to like that
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Is field 7 free for anyone else?
Amberlight

Post by Amberlight »

I've claimed it. A bargain. While i'm here i've noticed what appears to be a small farm on the edge of the right side of the map that you can buy but you can't get to it. No big deal, just thought i would mention it.