Welker's Farm 1st Look

Hoss1

Welker's Farm 1st Look

Post by Hoss1 »

MappersParadise just released their 1st-look YT video. I'm impressed with the level of detail on the map! Like the old cigarette ad said: "you've come a long way baby". I'm excited to have this map back for FS22. *thumbsup*
Playing on Xbox since FS15
chedly_farms

Re: Welker's Farm 1st Look

Post by chedly_farms »

ohhhh, I'm excited. I'm going to take a look now.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

For some reason welker maps always feel small. Maybe it's the lack of anything over most of the map? I'm guessing that maybe it's how lions feel at the zoo. It looks the part but I just can't go very far lol
FTF
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:30 pm For some reason welker maps always feel small. Maybe it's the lack of anything over most of the map? I'm guessing that maybe it's how lions feel at the zoo. It looks the part but I just can't go very far lol
That's what farmland in Montana is like, huge fields with a few scattered farms and not much else. I'm looking forward to the huge fields so I can finally get some real use out of the Bourgault seeders with air carts!
Eische

Post by Eische »

Looks like it will still be a standard sized map. So yeah it still feels small. The wide open fields are not the issue. For me it is the trees on the map border. That artificially limits the feeling to be in an wide open area.

In FS19 I tested a very barebone 8x version of welker farms. Smaller fields were 100 hectares in size. That was giving me the right feel for that area, but as 8x ist not a square shape, it had some issues with terrain painting ingame and was just lacking details.

So, for me a 4x version would be minimum, but as consoles will most likely not be able to run it, I completely understand if MapperParadise will keep it as standard sized map.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Yea.....the trees made it DOA for me in 19. It should just look like the map goes forever. Not like someone's backyard in phoenix with shrubs around the entire perimeter. Map was fun in 17 but not for me anymore. Knock yourselves out those of you who are pumped lol
FTF
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Eische wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:57 pm Looks like it will still be a standard sized map. So yeah it still feels small. The wide open fields are not the issue. For me it is the trees on the map border. That artificially limits the feeling to be in an wide open area.

In FS19 I tested a very barebone 8x version of welker farms. Smaller fields were 100 hectares in size. That was giving me the right feel for that area, but as 8x ist not a square shape, it had some issues with terrain painting ingame and was just lacking details.

So, for me a 4x version would be minimum, but as consoles will most likely not be able to run it, I completely understand if MapperParadise will keep it as standard sized map.
I am almost certain I read somewhere that mappers Paradise said this was a 3 X map
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Nope Welker's Farm Map like all maps released on all platforms is your standard 1x Map or 2km x 2km map. A 4x Version of the Map (4km x 4km) would be ideal and probably better to prevent that feeling of the map being small, or enable Mapper's Paradise to do something else with the map border rather then the weird trees. Obviously in a perfect world it would be 16x Map (16km by 16km) to really give a sense of size and scale that the real farm has.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I wish now I knew where I read this. I thought it was something to do with the outside of the map being driveable but not farmable. Making it a 3X
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Could you be mixing it up with the Millennial Farmer map which used the border area as part of the map, drivable not farmable.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Possibly