Scope of Volvo licensing agreement?

Richard Dower

Scope of Volvo licensing agreement?

Post by Richard Dower »

Doubt we'll get a direct response to this, but any speculation as to the extent of the Volvo license?

Will it cover only certain categories and vehicles?...or does it cover the entire spectrum of Volvo equipment, including legacy machinery from the past, Volvo manufactured tractors at one point.

I'm just wondering if the license has a very limited scope or not ?
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Re: Scope of Volvo licensing agreement?

Post by Chaki »

We'll talk more specifics in the future but i am curious what the speculations are going to be. So far they have been interesting.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's from Volvo CE and forestry I believe, there's a news article on the website
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Yeah in Volvo's press release, they say it also brings Volvo Trucks into the game. So would be nice to see that besides logging equipment, because i don't do forestry much so this DLC is useless for me.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Richard Dower wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:04 pm Doubt we'll get a direct response to this, but any speculation as to the extent of the Volvo license?

Will it cover only certain categories and vehicles?...or does it cover the entire spectrum of Volvo equipment, including legacy machinery from the past, Volvo manufactured tractors at one point.

I'm just wondering if the license has a very limited scope or not ?
Have a look at the following: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=192938&start=15#p1521305
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
falino

Post by falino »

Needs trucks 2
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:13 pm Yeah in Volvo's press release, they say it also brings Volvo Trucks into the game. So would be nice to see that besides logging equipment, because i don't do forestry much so this DLC is useless for me.
falino wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:35 pm Needs trucks 2
Maybe if you read what I said....understand!
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

A fully working base game that included contracts sticking around longer than 2 seconds would be nice before adding something else to the game.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Given this is a farming simulator I'd hope we see an agri spec wheeled loader.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:13 pm Yeah in Volvo's press release, they say it also brings Volvo Trucks into the game. So would be nice to see that besides logging equipment, because i don't do forestry much so this DLC is useless for me.
Volvo trucks would be a nice addition to the game, but does that mean the European cabovers like the Volvo FH, or the North American trucks like the VNL? I've never done any woodcutting or logging in the game, so I'm not interested in that equipment. And another wheel loader? Do we really need another one in the game?
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Would love to have a Volvo excavator in the game.
Farmeros Argentinos

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

we need trucks!! apart from volvo it would not be great scania and mercedes models
eric21

Post by eric21 »

jeremyj621 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:48 pm
Volvo trucks would be a nice addition to the game, but does that mean the European cabovers like the Volvo FH, or the North American trucks like the VNL? I've never done any woodcutting or logging in the game, so I'm not interested in that equipment. And another wheel loader? Do we really need another one in the game?
Since it will be the biggest and the first for forestry Im.guessong yes for forestry fans
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I really hope it includes american semi's to and not just uk versions would really be a good edition to the mack brand
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Laughinggravy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:51 pm A fully working base game that included contracts sticking around longer than 2 seconds would be nice before adding something else to the game.
You made me laugh.....Laughinggravy lol.

If this was LTL trucking simulator I'd be excited about Volvo. Now some Paccar trucks would get the juices flowing.
FTF