Rennebu Discussion and reports

sm5gfy

Re: Rennebu Discussion and reports

Post by sm5gfy »

olahaldor wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:36 am
sm5gfy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:01 am I started to play a little bit on this massive map. but I can't figure out how to take silage out of the fermenting silo. Grateful for any help.
At the same spot, bring a trailer and you will be able to load it :)
Thanks a lot Ola!
Raffi_M

Post by Raffi_M »

Two bugs I found so far which affect gameplay in a bigger way.

1. Cars stop for no reason at the junction at field 62 turning left coming from the south bridge causing a blockade on the street crossing after some time ...

2. I also accepted a contract harvesting oat on field 56. I harvested the field entirely without leaving anything there, but after delivering the oat to the grain mill the contract stuck at 97% done. I only was able to finish the contract buying the oat in form of horse feed and delivering the rest to the grain mill ...

3. After bringing a straw bale the the horse stable the straw appears two to three meters above the ground over the paddock in form of eight small patches ...
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Please report this properly through the link in the first post. Chatter will be lost in the masses eventually as I'm not able to follow up on all sorts of social media.
Raffi_M

Post by Raffi_M »

Ah, ok, sorry! I haven't read the first post properly ...
Tazoslo

Post by Tazoslo »

Have been waiting for the map, and its great, stopped the other one I was focusing on and started, then stopped (first and second point), then started again, changed the way I start, got stuck in, and stopped again (third point).

First point is, cant send helpers from place to place. Is that because its based on FS19? For me, as a first time player of FS on FS22, I find it extremly helpfull in not having to spend much of the harvest driving the grain to a drop of point. Any chance we are going to see it?

The second and third point is related to the way I like to play. I like to start of with as little rescources as possible, usually with nothing but a pick up. in hard mode. I then use the contracts to build up cash to buy my first field...and so on. When I started the first time, and got over the "no autodrive" I saw that none of the contracts came with any machinery, effectively stopping the start from scratch aspect of the game. Will this come?

After reconsidering for about 12 hours, I thought, fudge it. I will do it differently. So I went for normal difficulty, bought a couple of fields. Put up a house, a barn, a shed, a silo, diesel tank, pressure washer and small stuff like that. Went in to the game file and changed the start up cash to €30.000,-. Then headed to the shop to lease the smallest grainharvester there was, to start to build up the money....but leasing was not an option. Will that come to the map?

Other then that, GREAT map, and a GREAT mod pack of buildings. As a fellow Norwegian I recognize most of them and it makes it so much better *thumbsup*
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Please submit this to the git I posted a link to in the first post. It will help me keep track of things.

But to quickly reply about your experience; I have not done anything to disable contracts from having equipment.

I have not done anything to disable leasing. Both things sounds strange to me and I wonder if you had any other mods active, and if so, my only thought is there is a conflict somehow.

Helpers should be able to navigate to most fields without much problem.
The same goes for sending a tractor and trailer to the grain mill for delivery for instance. I've done so numerous times during development and testing.
Tazoslo

Post by Tazoslo »

OK, I was thinking about it, and it DID seem strange that those things weren't active. But it was the first time I ran in to those problems, and I hadn't added any scriptet mods that might have made those problems. I will do some checking and report in the offending mod(s).

Thank you for you answer!! I will get straight back to the map when I have solved the problem :D

APROX 1 HOUR LATER:

....I am an *$#%§*....had forgotten to turn off survival mode mod :!: ....I will just leave, wont say anything else....

PS: Well not a complete *$#%§*, for some reason it didnt show up in the mod list, as it allways does, so I had to delete the mod. Problem solved.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Glad it was solved :)

SEEKING TESTERS FOR A FUTURE UPDATE!
I'd like to test something regarding forestry. Any takers?
You should have an existing savegame where you've cut a good chunk of trees and have some piles of cut trees and preferably trees on a forwarder or trailer as well.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

@olahaldor

As a fellow Norwegian, I would love to apply for the mission.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
humbe

Post by humbe »

My son had a blast driving offroads with the pickup ;).. Looks amazing up close, but sadly my graphic settings isn't good enough to show stuff at large distances..

At the bottom you can see the infamous Rennebu glacier (just kidding.. Gfx issue), which somehow resolves itself if I view a bit further to the left from the same point..

Some mountain birches would probably fit here at the tree limit, but I guess the game makers dunno what that is ;) Looks great nevertheless.

Anyone got any hint as to how to improve long range gfx quality?

I have Object Draw Distance, Terrain LOD Distance, Foliage Draw Distance and LOD distance all set to max settable of 200% in game. Though 200% isn't long on such a big map. Giants are faking good graphics by making maps where you can never see far ;)

Unsure what the 4 categories really cover, and what will have the biggest impact to try and adjust upwards though.. Probably hopeless to get the game to render stuff at a distance here well, but would be cool if Giants had made more variety of simple textures for long range, and managed to calculate what one would be fitting, so a forested area doesn't look like barren rock from a distance..

The map looks great.. Can't believe you have sit and sculpted this huge area in 3D.. Massive undertaking.. Creds.. *thumbsup* But it kind of showcases the graphic quality limitations in game too.. Would be so awesome to be able to see the mountainside on the other side of the valley in good gfx quality too..
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

The very far render distance is out of my control as far as I know, sadly. :)
The foliage is quite taxing, so are the trees.

I really wish things were different, and could be improved. I'm sure the devs at Giants would like a longer render distance too, and we can only hope they figure out a way. :)
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Got a dozen reports that all was fine with the testing and now it's on modhub :)

A few new reports were sent after I had submit to modhub, these may be updated in a small fix later but are not something I will rush to begin with. :)
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Finally I've been able to put in some real hours into this map. And I love that you brought it out there before its 100% finished, and keep a dialogue with the users afterwards.

I bought the field 10 and put up the barn with capacity of 80 cows. I dropped some gras trough the floor upstairs before I found out where the silo was.. I dont know wether its a bug or not, but the last 12000 or so of silage was not possible to get up from the floor. But the mod "Open Silo" helped me out there. Other than that my cows are giving milk before the age of both puberty and pregnency. Bug or a Giants sollution to having animals?

Drove 8 minutes each way to sell of some stones. Makes it feel very realistic :-D

The buildings not in the map yet, will they arrive on fields you have bought?

I've read numerous posts on the forum about broken game, for me, this map fixed it and "a few" months after release I'm back in the tractor and enjoying the game. Tx OH!
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
drewCZ

Post by drewCZ »

Hi Ola!
First of all, thank you for that amazing map! I really love maps with an atmosphere (and real environment).
May I ask you about buildings? Never seen Norway, but on the map seems to be a few missing buildings in empty places. May I uncomment placeables (excl. US buildings) on the map?
Thank you. Greetings
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

drewCZ wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:24 pm Hi Ola!
First of all, thank you for that amazing map! I really love maps with an atmosphere (and real environment).
May I ask you about buildings? Never seen Norway, but on the map seems to be a few missing buildings in empty places. May I uncomment placeables (excl. US buildings) on the map?
Thank you. Greetings
Ola has a wrap up on this on another thread:
"Q: What about the future buildings, when will they come?
A: As soon as they are done! More buildings will be added, not in one update, but more. The idea is the map will get a major update first to enable all the placeables to magically appear once there is an update to the buildings pack."
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding