Rennebu Discussion and reports

drewCZ

Re: Rennebu Discussion and reports

Post by drewCZ »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:52 pm Ola has a wrap up on this on another thread:
"Q: What about the future buildings, when will they come?
A: As soon as they are done! More buildings will be added, not in one update, but more. The idea is the map will get a major update first to enable all the placeables to magically appear once there is an update to the buildings pack."
Thanks, JD77! Did you mean already defined buildings in placeables.xml? Because I was asking this and that answer seems to be about adding new buildings in the buildings pack.
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

The buildings that are commented are there so I don't lose the code and coordinates. :biggrin2:
If you remove the comments you'll see the temp buildings, just white blocks. It can give you an idea of what's to come but it won't look nice, nor have any function. :)
Boer94

Post by Boer94 »

Hi.
Firstly i would like to say what a great map.
Its fun to finaly play in Norway, sadly its not Jæren :P
I have a minor question regarding the ground texture.
Is there a plan to add more texture directions? like if your sowing or plowing it looks like texture is folloing your plow or seader?
drewCZ

Post by drewCZ »

oops... sorry for stealing your buildings Ola :mrgreen:
I promise that to never more read between comment marks :D
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

No worries! I encourage curiosity! Remove the comment tags if you like and get a super soft launch if you like. :)
bgyula

Post by bgyula »

Hi!
Does anyone know how to use the silage converted by the Bergtun old sheep barn when output mode is Spawn?
I could not see any way to get it out via loading area.
I could not set it to be used by the same barn.
Setting the output mode to distribution would deliver it to a biogas plant I own?
I guess I can sell it.

Thanks
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

bgyula wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:27 pm Hi!
Does anyone know how to use the silage converted by the Bergtun old sheep barn when output mode is Spawn?
Setting the output mode to distribution would deliver it to a biogas plant I own?
I guess I can sell it.

Thanks
I do! :)
Well sort of. I never tested for anything but to store the silage locally. You back a trailer to the same spot as where you emtpy into the silo. You should be given the prompt to fill trailer. And that's it. :)

I've yet to figure out (through my few attempts to look at it) how I can transfer silage to the sheep directly. Not sure it's even possible.
If I do figure it out, I will absolutely add that as a feature.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

I guess I can sell it.

Thanks
Well sort of. I never tested for anything but to store the silage locally. You back a trailer to the same spot as where you emtpy into the silo. You should be given the prompt to fill trailer. And that's it. :)

I've yet to figure out (through my few attempts to look at it) how I can transfer silage to the sheep directly. Not sure it's even possible.

I know it's not clear, visually, how to get the silage out, that's something I need to add for an update.
bgyula

Post by bgyula »

olahaldor wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:22 pm
I guess I can sell it.

Thanks

I know it's not clear, visually, how to get the silage out, that's something I need to add for an update.
Thanks a lot! Amazing quick answer!
Is there any function of the convey belt or that is just a nice visual gimmick?
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Visual gimmick. :coolnew:
I wish I knew how to make it work and animate, but I have had other things to focus on.
Maybe in the future. :)
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I dont have a github account so I write it here and maybe u read it. No big issues

Some triggers seems to be a bit small. Like at Joker. Also I have the cowbarn with capacity of 80 cows, and when Im supposed to give TMR I have to drive back and forth a bit to find the trigger. Also the silage in the same barn is below the floor so I cant get up everything from the floor.

So just small things from me, after three seasons played.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Maiz is produced in Norway, maybe not in Rennebu, but Kongsgården on Bygdøy have had it for years. https://www.norsklandbruk.no/plantekult ... yrke-mais/
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Interesting.
I saw maize as a crop for the first time just a week ago actually, on a trip to southern Norway.
I googled it, and the climate around the souther part up to just north of Oslo seems to be good for maize, though not so much up north as far as I gathered.

I guess I could enable it again as a semi real thing. :geeknew:
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Some farmers might use it as pigfood.

Btw, I tried to plant oats again in April. Not working. Ready to harvest the year after.

Not read anything about it, but the only increased demand I get when playing is for stones. And not seldom its all three of them at the same time. And if not every month, but very often. Not the most realistic feature anyway so not a problem in my gameplay.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Terrible to hear. :(

Re demand, not sure what I can do about it. All sell points have demand enabled.