Rennebu Discussion and reports

JohnDeere77

Re: Rennebu Discussion and reports

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Ad demand:
This is from my savegame, I cant read it but it looks like a stone is mentioned a lot.
<greatDemands>
<greatDemand placeableId="19" fillTypeName="STONE" demandMultiplier="1.300000" demandStartDay="166" demandStartHour="7" demandDuration="12" isRunning="false" isValid="true"/>
<greatDemand placeableId="21" fillTypeName="STONE" demandMultiplier="1.400000" demandStartDay="166" demandStartHour="10" demandDuration="12" isRunning="false" isValid="true"/>
<greatDemand placeableId="20" fillTypeName="STONE" demandMultiplier="1.400000" demandStartDay="163" demandStartHour="15" demandDuration="6" isRunning="false" isValid="true"/>

Which xml-file do I need to change in order to increase foodconsumtion for cows? I want to do more grass-work without money piling up :-D
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Interesting one. I don't know why there's no demand at other places. I'll see what I can do about it.

Edit:
I see I can disable great demand at the stone crushers entirely. I think that's to the best, because.. Great demand to produce lime? :confusednew:

However, both Joker and animal dealer has

Code: Select all

supportsGreatDemand="true"
If that never happens, there must be something I don't know about which makes it never occur.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Suggestion/idea:
When u have a barn on your farm and wants to build a bigger one u get the sellingprice for the old one. In real life demolition of a building cost u money. So is it possible to make it a choice that u get zero for the old building?

Question? All the buildings in Rennebu are real life buildings. But is the capasity realistic/from real life as well? Hol Barn has a capasity of 80, seems very high to me. The same with the biggest barn with a capasity of 200.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

The capacity at Hol might be an exaggeration, indeed.
The Bergtun farm has capacity of 200 animals irl (young and old).
I know that farmer from my childhood and she told me last time I visited. :) Or, I asked, with the capacity in FS in mind. :mrgreen:
If you think it's too much for your game, you don't have to fill it up. :)

About demolition cost; I think I've seen a mod that does what you want?
Because I can't set a price on demolition (as far as I know), only the purchase price.
If I'm not mistaken, this behaviour is the same in the default maps as well.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Ok, thanxh. Then maybe the Bergtun farm will find its way to my farm then :-)

I changed the xml-file on Hol so that it takes 40. Might be to few again but it works for me.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

I know the farmer at Hol as well, I could just ask him actually. :D
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised on how smoothly the map is, you have done a marvelous job on it, thank you for sharing your work with us.
.(and after the praise..... I think some roads might have a use for some softening, some have some very abrupt bumps I'm sure aren't supposed to be that way? Still a very good map)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Thanks Noraf :)
Noraf wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:01 pmI think some roads might have a use for some softening, some have some very abrupt bumps I'm sure aren't supposed to be that way? Still a very good map)
Please, if you see any specific location which bugs you, let me know so I can snipe them with the smooth brush. :)
Report here
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

That needs a fix, olahaldor, great demand for rocks in Norway? If there’s anything there are enough of, it’s rocks :biggrin2:

Jokes aside, I think you are really onto something here. There are so few maps based in Norway, and I see great things for this one in the future, so stay the course lad, stay the course *thumbsup*

Are open pastures something you’re considering? I miss my cows,and just hearing them through the barn-door isn’t helping. I also miss seeing them in the stables, just dumping food outside feels wrong. But the map has the absolute greatest potential, hats off to you :hi:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Doc3d wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:33 am That needs a fix, olahaldor, great demand for rocks in Norway? If there’s anything there are enough of, it’s rocks :biggrin2:
----snipp---
Strictly speaking, we're not having enough rocks....

linky

Well, not the right kinds of rock. One learn something new all the time, right? 😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

We have them, but sell them abroad, not the same thing.. but I digress, I was mostly just taking a stab
Boerbok

Post by Boerbok »

Good day, I hope this is the right spot for this, I'm not good with computers and internet etc.

Anyhow, I got FS22 a few days ago and downloaded the Rennebu map, and I love it, it is an awesome map, I have however run into a problem. Now I don't know whether it's just me doing something wrong since I'm new to FS and PC games but if you could help me that would be great. So, I bought the property to the far left of the map (two down from the property with the field 141) in order to do some landscaping and build a farm there, however when I try to cut a tree with the chainsaw it says, "You are not allowed to cut this tree".
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Boerbok wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:27 pm "You are not allowed to cut this tree".
Could you please show a screenshot of where exactly this is?

I have a hunch it *may* have something to do with tipCol. And if so, it's been fixed. Just not published yet as there are other things to fix before I can publish.
pedrodefig

Post by pedrodefig »

Hi Ola, any idea when the update will come? Will we need a new savegame? I'm thinking of course about all the new forestry stuff that will be available with the coming FS22 update, it should be great to use them on this map!!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

In the same gate as the previous question, is it possible to download a newer verson from github and (with a new savegame) remove the need for a new savegame later?